3x Blaze Accelerator Magazine

3x Dimensional Prison

2x Call of the Haunted

3x Vanity's Emptiness

1x Bottomless Trap Hole

1x Solemn Warning

1x Compulsory Evacuation Device

you can run an extra deck is you want

If the Extra Deck is optional, then why main the Masked Chameleons? Yeah, I get it is most likely a joke and you should be running generic Rank4s and Synchros.

I have no experience with Volcanics but for some reason I feel that 17 monsters are a bit too much, although the Shells, Scattershots and Blaze Accelerators should thin the deck enough to prevent you from clogging the hand with monsters. But still, I guess you could drop 1 Chameleon and possibly 1 Firestorm Guards because I believe they are not cards you want to see in first turn or early game, and reducing the # of them in the deck drops the chances for that happening. The same goes to x3 Call of Haunted: It looks like it is not a card you want to see early game and feels like it can become cloggy, so perhaps it may be better to run just 2?

Wasn't Summoner Monk more of an staple in Volcanics? Or it is not longer effective because it doesn't work with Magazine?

Have you tested Blaster? A recurring 2800-ATK beater that can also become an pseudo-Raigeki Break is nothing to laugh at. Problem is that it would be gradually removing FIRE fuel from the grave.

Finally, wouldn't be better to run x3 Emptiness than x3 Prison? I have not tested it myself, but I once read that running 3 Emptiness was more or less becoming a trend, so it might be a good idea to run 3 as well, or at least give it a try.

The monster lineup in Volcanics is tricky. I have 17, but only 10 that I actually will ever summon and only 9 that I can normal summon.  I find Volcanics often are really weak in terms of monster presence.  RFG and MC are there so that the deck can summon stuff, and MC is fantastic with Shell and Scattershot.

CotH in exchange for Vanity's might be smart though.

I don't like Monk though. It's only value is bringing out Rocket and going into a rank 4. I don't like it, but some people do. Chameleon has replaced it in my books

Blaster might be good.  Haven't tested it because conceptually I don't like it.  The only FIRE monsters that would be good to banish are the RFGs.  Counter will banish itself because lol its terrible and Rockets/Scattershots/Shells are essential.

[Monsters - 17]

3x Rocket

3x Scattershot

3x Shell

1x Counter

1x Doomfire

3x Royal Firestorm Guards

3x Masked Chameleon

[Spells - 19]

1x Blaze Accelerator

1x Wildfire

3x Pot of Duality

3x Mystical Space Typhoon

1x Soul Charge

[Traps - 11]

3x Blaze Accelerator Magazine

3x Dimensional Prison

3x Call of the Haunted

2x Vanity's Emptiness

1x Bottomless Trap Hole

1x Solemn Warning

1x Compulsory Evacuation Device

you can run an extra deck is you want

Trick or Treat!

Poor Goose can't count. Here I thought you were running a 47 card deck...

But instead you are running a 37 card deck? Ok, doing the math…9 Spells…14 Traps…17 monsters. Ok, now it adds up.

I feel you need  BTS and Wiretap, personally. I'd drop a Prison and a CoTH to add two BTS, and drop a CED for Wiretap. I've never played Volcanics so I can't quite help in the monster department. Also, you have a lot of Continuous Traps, are you sure they don't clog in anyway?

D Prison at three feels like a bit much, and you'd typically want Vanity's at three instead. The issue is, it counteracts your Call of the Haunted a bit.

Archived