A possible new moderator.

The main thing here is getting a mod who knows something about other CCG that are popular.

If the Naruto CCG were still existent, my skills in that game would hold some merit; but unfortunately it does not.

Both of them have knowledge on one of the other CCGs popular here, so it helps. (Although may help if more members use the Other CCG sections)

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I support Ain for its knowledge on other TCGs. And if Ain will be taking RP and you will need an additional Mod for CC, then I support Gadjiltron because of its activity in RC and Card Contests, plus its knowledge in OCG (Official Card Grammar).

As for me, first I want to say that I appreciate being nominated as a candidate for modship in CC.

To be honest, I was hesitant of asking for a modship, or becoming one if I was given the opportunity, because felt I was not ready for it, since I'm still learning about card design and was not sure if I could effectively lead the section when I'm still learning myself. But I have made up my mind and want to let everyone know that, if offered the position, I'm willing to give it a try.

I'm still trying to learn about design as well; even though I've been in charge of CC for about 3 and a half months now, so don't worry about it.

From what I've seen of you, your reviews are pretty much what we're trying to emphasize now (good quality and in-depth when needed). It's true you get corrected at times, but it's part of the learning process. We probably should've have PMed you first to make sure you're up for it, but it's nice to hear that you're up for the task.

Just as a heads-up, the other mods haven't necessarily said anything of the issue; even though Aix and myself have brought up Ain as a potential helper to our respective sections.

(I did submit the four names in main post to Night in a PM, when he asked about my thoughts on potential replacements to Striker/.Saber; so he's more or less aware of who should come up.)

We've had more than 2 mods leave/say they are leaving. Why not both?
If we have to do one, I'd have to go with Nai, but Gadjitron is capable in the section. I don't know how he would honestly do as a mod though, but that's something only experience shows.

I'd generally prefer for a mod to 

1. be able to do their job (check in this case)

2. interact on a regular basis in multiple sections/with people on the forum (which I have to evaluate both, really)

In this regard though, I've seen Nai generally be more active in multiple sections, thus I think they would be better as a mod. 

I personally vote YES for Nai being a mod. They are especially active (though could be a bit more active, but w/e) in sections that need assistance, or will be. He/She/They also get along and interact with many members, and all and all, I think they'd be good for the job.

We've had more than 2 mods leave/say they are leaving. Why not both?
If we have to do one, I'd have to go with Nai, but Gadjitron is capable in the section. I don't know how he would honestly do as a mod though, but that's something only experience shows.

I'd generally prefer for a mod to 

1. be able to do their job (check in this case)

2. interact on a regular basis in multiple sections/with people on the forum (which I have to evaluate both, really)

In this regard though, I've seen Nai generally be more active in multiple sections, thus I think they would be better as a mod. 

I personally vote YES for Nai being a mod. They are especially active (though could be a bit more active, but w/e) in sections that need assistance, or will be. He/She/They also get along and interact with many members, and all and all, I think they'd be good for the job.

Yeah, we already lost Yin/Rinne/.Saber/Striker due to self-resignation; latter two for inactivity reasons from what I heard and .Saber quit due to lack of interest in Yugioh. I don't need to elaborate on the Striker one, do I?

So yes, getting some replacement mods would help fill in some of the holes. Before that happens, your opinion as members is needed. Are the new mods going to be members that you have a good amount of respect for + will be able to obey the orders of when requested? It's been mentioned several times already, but we don't want a repeat of Striker, okay.

At this point, appears Ain is an acceptable replacement for Aix (or .Saber/Striker); whichever path they choose.

Gadjiltron, I believe, would make a good mod...

Don't forget #Murphy4Mod2016

Any particular reason you think Gadjiltron would be good?

I mean, Zex and I voted on him due to his actions thus far in Custom Cards (mostly reviews); which we felt showed that he knows what he's doing and can keep quality in. Cardmaking, haven't seen too much lately outside of his contest entries and whatnot.

How do the rest of you feel on Gadjiltron (or Voltex) being the new CC mod, should Ain take the RP path instead?

Well yes, you do have a point.

Aside from Black, mostly everyone supports Gadjiltron as a backup CC mod. (Although we need to check if he actually wants to be given the reins to CC; or he'd prefer to stay as a normal member)

Otherwise, Voltex is next on the list; unless you all have other recommendations as to who succeeds .Saber.

I find Ain would be excellent for the CC section, as I have seen personally that he has pretty good understandings of the game and the meta, which will aid in having the knowledge base for the mod team. As for the RP mod choice though, I find maybe someone else would be more suited to the post. No offence Ain.

That was a reason why Ain was nominated in the first place; because they know a respectable amount about the gamestate and card design (along with knowledge on other CCGs).

As for the RP one, I can't vouch for their performance in the section, since I don't go in there often. (You'll need to ask Aix personally about this one)

In making these nominations, I felt that Ain and Gadjiltron's skills, based on my observations of them during the past several months, were high enough to be given leadership in the Custom Card section (both in their game knowledge, and their relationship with the rest of you). Those are the reasons why I chose them to succeed Striker and .Saber, should the time come (which it has).

Judging on all of your responses thus far, it appears that you're content with these two being promoted.

In a general sense, you don't usually nominate yourself for the post; one of the current staff members recommends you to the job. (At least that was how things went back in the older days)

Although the case with Striker, myself and .Saber was a different case, since Night expressly gave permission for self-nominations at the time.

Regardless, get more acclimated with YCM and prove to us that you are capable of running CC. Right now, you're a relative unknown.

Although the case with Striker, myself and .Saber was a different case, since Night expressly gave permission for self-nominations at the time.

There's no reason you should not be able to nominate yourself.

But, yes, you do need to make yourself known.

I find Ain would be excellent for the CC section, as I have seen personally that he has pretty good understandings of the game and the meta, which will aid in having the knowledge base for the mod team. As for the RP mod choice though, I find maybe someone else would be more suited to the post. No offence Ain.

Who?

There's no reason you should not be able to nominate yourself.

Who?

*raises hand*

Should Ain end up moderating CC, I'd like to volunteer to take care of RPing, since i'm most active there and you said something to me about it awhile ago, assuming that its an option, anyway.

*raises hand*

Should Ain end up moderating CC, I'd like to volunteer to take care of RPing, since i'm most active there and you said something to me about it awhile ago, assuming that its an option, anyway.

Yeah, you're my second choice. I picked Ain because he was more active on the site in general. I'm leaving this decision to the other mods, since I'm leaving today, but I did tell them I wanted either Ain or you in the Mod Forum.

I would love to be a moderator for RPing, working under Zai.
I am already an administrator for the Yu-Gi-Oh! Custom Wikia, so I have some experience.
And I've been on this site for 6 years.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to reject you. Based on my past observations on you, I have doubts about your ability to stay calm as a mod. Sorry.

If we ever decided to consider you in the future, what would be the section you'd want to be in charge of?

To be honest, I don't know you that well (even though you've been here for a while), so unsure on what areas you frequent. (I think it's RP, based on whatever I got out of that video Giga posted). The other staff members might be able to give a better overview of what your capacities are.

But it does help any potential staff candidate if they're willing to help out the section/YCM the best they can.

I find myself posting mostly in Realistic Cards, Roleplaying, and Misc.  General, as well, but I'm not sure how needed someone is around that section, if at all.  I am a semi-active cardmaker, but I've had a bit of trouble balancing things in the past.  I like to think I have my head on straight these days.  I think Marcos and Zai can attest to how straight-edge I can get when I'm serious about something.

Honestly, I'd like to be in charge of making sure General is in order, with Roleplaying as an easy second choice, as that's the other place I like to call home.

Archived