[Finished][Leaderboard] Dom vs JamesMuddy - JM wins! (lock)

-Dom-

Ok, trying again to get a second win:

Voting:

• Votes must be with valid reasoning, going "Card A wins" won't do, follow the Leaderboard rules!
  • Voting is based on the functions they have in the game, meaning that you should talk about the effect, stats etc.
  • Good votes gets a rep from me, opponent's rep is optional.
  • Both I and the opponent have the right to decline your vote based on your comment or ask for further reasoning if either contestant feels that it's not adequate.
  • Both contestants can disagree with the others acceptance of the vote if they feel that the answer was no adequate.

Rules and Rewards:

• All YCM and 1v1 Leaderboard rules apply.
  • First to 3 votes OR whoever has most votes when the contest ends wins.
  • Winner gets a rep from the opponent, other rewards are optional.
  • Must fit in the rules of realistic cards on this site.

Entry Requirements and Theme:

• Make a new Fusion for Odd-Eyes Pendulum (examples are Rune/Beast Eyes).
  • Must be written OR made in YCM and remember to make sure that it's not possible to see who made the card, i.e. remove your name from it.
  • Send a PM to me with your card and remember to include text. Other information is optional.

Deadline:

• Entries are due 2 days after the challenger is accepted. Votes are due 3 days after it's open.

[spoiler='Card A']S8fQ1Yv.jpg

Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon + 1 Fiend-type monster

When this monster is Fusion Summoned: Switch the ATK and DEF of all monsters on the field until the End Phase. Once per turn, you can target 1 monster on the field: that monster cannot be used as Synchro, Xyz or Fusion Material. [/spoiler]

[spoiler='Card B'] mjiMLwU.jpg

"Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon" + 1 Pendulum Monster
You can also Fusion Summon this card by banishing the Fusion materials from your Pendulum Zones. Once per turn, you can target 1 card in your opponent's Pendulum Zone; destroy it and inflict damage equal to its original ATK to your opponent. This card cannot attack the turn you use this effect. If this card would be destroyed by battle or card effect, you can destroy a card in your Pendulum Zones instead.

[/spoiler]

I choose Card A on this one. Trick-Eyes not only stays true to the Odd Eyes Fusion theme, but to me has the most realistic effects. It's interesting to say the least that Card A has the second effect that prevents monsters from being used as Extra Deck materials. I'm not sure how many times you would put that into use, but whenever you would, it would be quite powerful, I can say that. As for the other, Card B has a lot of overpowering elements to it, most notably having both the Volcasaurus and built in Pendulum safety net in it. It is definitely unique and I see where it was going, but it just seems like too much power in one card, especially for both being on there together on practically a Blue Eyes. Again, my vote is on Card A.

Both of you did it wrong at some points. Trick-Eye should have 2k DEF if you want to follow the trend, and Crystal is just ugh, where's your -Eye? That aside, Card A is a bit underwhelming while Card B clearly has a flaw in its design. For Card A, requiring a bad card like Poly (even Mirror can be used, but still) mean that it's eff should be stronger than that (compare R-E to B-E and you'll see) as for Card B, I think it has too easy AltSC without OPT or 1 copy restriction, as some points of game or even after a board wipe by any mean, you can just bring 3 of this out of nowhere, this and lack of the "eye" favor are both big flaw imo.

Card A got it.

Vote for A.

B is too situational, is a straight unrecoverable -2 in a pendulum deck (which is huge), not having a great enough effect to justify running it, etc.

A, while the second effect is too slow, is a pretty niche card that could lead to shenanigans, and really, it's fitting flavor-wise to the other odd eyes fusion and to itself.

Archived