Junk Synchron

As far as instant Synchro thingies… He's still pretty damn good. Limited to what he can do, but still overall strong.

Just silly in Raccoons, but in his home deck, he's what gets some stuff going. Other than QDS, of course.

I like summoning something, SS Doppel (or just Doppel if he's in the grave), and making Junk Warrior. 3100+ attack is nothing to sneeze at, granted he can just get his effect negated.

Outclassed by what?

Exactly my thought. As far as I know Junk Synchron is still the best at reviving Level 2 or lower monsters for Synchro plays, and is searchable by ROTA (now at 3 in TCG), Tuning and I don't know what else. Its deck and its variants not being able to keep up with the meta is a different matter.

He's outclassed in terms of output of power monsters made.

Masked Chameleon, for example, spits out relatively strong monsters despite also being specific. 

Junk (without another monster on the field) is still good, but limited to levels 4 and 5 for Synchro Summons.

Masked, solely on his own, makes things like Stardust Spark, Crimson Blader, Hot Red Dragon Archfiend, etc.

Also, in terms of general 1 monster--> power monsters, things like Wolfbark and even maybe Crane Crane spit out relatively strong end results.

It all varies on what you consider being "outclassed". 

He's outclassed in terms of output of power monsters made.

Masked Chameleon, for example, spits out relatively strong monsters despite also being specific. 

Junk (without another monster on the field) is still good, but limited to levels 4 and 5 for Synchro Summons.

Masked, solely on his own, makes things like Stardust Spark, Crimson Blader, Hot Red Dragon Archfiend, etc.

Also, in terms of general 1 monster--> power monsters, things like Wolfbark and even maybe Crane Crane spit out relatively strong end results.

It all varies on what you consider being "outclassed"

masked does not do that solely on its own just as much as junk warrior does not, but a 0 def stat is a bit more restrictive than level 2 or lower, hence, the ability to make slightly more powerful synchros.

"Solely on his own" was more to mean that you did not require other monsters present on the field prior to his summon to make really strong stuff; his effect essential makes him do it it "on his own", but not exactly, I know.

Kind of like how Noden (via Instant Fusion) is a 1-card Xyz maker. (Well, really Instant Fusion is the maker)

This summons Junk Warrior. Other things do not summon Junk Warrior. Therefore, this card is superior to all others.

Seriously though, Junk isn't bad. I mean, he's not meta, but he can still make plays and stuff.

fucking nostalgia man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdH2ednDxj8

I know, but that still requires you to summon him first. Sure, you get a 2300 ATK monster and the ability to do it twice, but it is not as easy as simply activating a spell card.

That is true, but you also have to remember that King of the Feral Imps is OPT, whereas RotA isn't, but like you said Warrior is a much more supported type and the two have differetnt niches.

Archived