[TRICK OR TREAT] Djinn of Rituals

DjinnReleaserofRitualsSOVR-EN-R-UE.jpg300px-DjinnDemolisherofRituals-DUEA-EN-C

Djinn Releaser of Rituals:

When you Ritual Summon a Ritual Monster, you can remove from playthis card from your Graveyard as 1 of the monsters required for the Ritual Summon. While the monster Ritual Summoned using this card is face-up on the field, your opponent cannot Special Summon.

Djinn Demolisher of Rituals:

When you Ritual Summon a monster, you can banish this card from your Graveyard as 1 of the monsters required for the Ritual Summon. If a player Ritual Summons using this card, that Ritual Summoned monster cannot be targeted by the card effects of the other player.

I tried making a lockdown using these two and Relinquished. It was not very good, and would probably work better with something like Herald of Perfection, but when it did it was brutal.

I chose to put Releaser and Demolisher up here because I think they're the best Djinns and can be searched by TGU and Scarm, but Disserere can protect against things like Bottomless Trap Hole and the Imprisoning Mirrors, and Presider and Prognosticator could be good.

So what are your thoughts on the Djinns? Are they useful in today's meta? How would they work in Gishkis or Necloths (I don't really know they're playstyle)? Discuss.

Just saying you could definitely try with northwemko and endymion citadel as a target for her, it would make an almsot unstoppable barrier because then she couldnt be targetted or destroyed. OR legendary flame lord and citadel for some dumb shenanigans.

An obvious note would be to use the Djinns for Ritual Summoning Sapphy in Heralds (I've heard it's potent; should be something to test on DN at a later date [while still relevant]).

Can't really speak for Gishki or Necloths either; latter could probably use the Djinns for added protection or something on their bosses (if they don't already do enough of it from hand discards of other Ritual Necloths).

Releaser can shut down most Decks nowadays if you can manage to keep the monster alive (easier said than done with the removal that exists though).

Demolisher blocks 101 and whatever effects that target nowadays.

[Probably overstated some of the stuff above, given I haven't really looked into them, nor playtested]

Just saying you could definitely try with northwemko and endymion citadel as a target for her, it would make an almsot unstoppable barrier because then she couldnt be targetted or destroyed. OR legendary flame lord and citadel for some dumb shenanigans.

Cool idea, hadn't thought of that. I was thinking of making a Spell counter themed deck, I might do that then.

An obvious note would be to use the Djinns for Ritual Summoning Sapphy in Heralds (I've heard it's potent; should be something to test on DN at a later date [while still relevant]).

I would say the ideal monster for this Djinn combo is actually Saffira, with a deck dedicated to her (TGUs and Mathmans to get the Djinns as soon as possible) instead of Heralds. Saffira with the effects of these two, and further backed up by Hymn of Blessings and recyclable Veiler/Honest is a really tough lock to break and often wins you the game. I have done a couple of tests with said deck (except that I didn't fight against the meta) and it had good results. Also I once encountered a similar deck while watching duels on DN and it successfully won a match against a Burning Abyss deck.

I suppose Herald is a decent choice as well, but it doesn't have as much ATK as Saffira and thus wouldn't be effective for combat or inflicting battle damage. Also it is a bit more complicated to play with because you will need to run Fairies as discard fodder in addition the Djinns, TGUs and Mathman.

Archived