Over-the-top Villainry

pwnyo

Inspired by the ludicrously hammy and evil nemeses in the first years of anime, I present to you...

LohcdB1.jpg

[spoiler=Effect]
Cannot be Special Summoned. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can banish any number of monsters from your hand or Graveyard to target monsters on the field whose total combined Levels are less than or equal to the combined Levels of the banished monsters; the Level of the target(s) becomes 0, until the End Phase.
[/spoiler]
DESPAIR, Shonen Archvillain, with the ability to screw with Synchro and Xyz Monsters or even make your's easier to do. It's difficult and slow to get him out, but he has a very strong effect on top of the stats of Summoned Skull. I know Level 0 monsters aren't really considered a thing... but now they are! Tell me whatcha guys think.

Also, Happy Halloween!

The effect needs to start with "Once per turn, during either player's turn:", otherwise its Spell Speed is 1, so it isn't a quick effect and therefore it can't really disrupt what your opponent is doing when they are doing it. 

The ATK is solid enough, and the fact it can't be Special Summoned is something you'd make up for with the disruption effect that can ruin decks based too heavily on Synchros or Xyzs, or Mega-Monarch Tribute shortcuts, or some Ritual builds I guess, that is IF you make it a quick effect.

I think that's about the only complaint I really have with the card. It has ways to play it like Star Blast or Mausoleum of the Emperor, plus swarming to get Tributes and whatnot, so it is not too hard to Summon either if a player really wants to. Plus Skeletor is best villain.

Alright, thanks for your feedback, guys!
As for the Xyz thing, I meant that it could ruin Xyz Summoning, rather than Xyz Monsters, but Caesar brings up a very valid point about Spell Speed.

Hypothetically speaking, would Despair become overpowered if it could help to, say, Synchro Summon using a Level 0 and basically any other monster? For now, I'll update it to a Quick Effect. Thanks again!

Alright, thanks for your feedback, guys!
As for the Xyz thing, I meant that it could ruin Xyz Summoning, rather than Xyz Monsters, but Caesar brings up a very valid point about Spell Speed.

Hypothetically speaking, would Despair become overpowered if it could help to, say, Synchro Summon using a Level 0 and basically any other monster? For now, I'll update it to a Quick Effect. Thanks again!

I think choosing more than a single target from the field per turn is a bit questionable, personally. Otherwise it is fine. Synchro Summon is not benefited all that much from this really. Quasar still needs you to make extra Synchro Summons and somehow squeeze this double Tribute non-Special Summonable monster into the equation in order to make it work. Junk Destroyed is not really desperate to get extra Materials to begin with. Finally, there is no such thing as a Level 1 Synchro to benefit from this. So you are good. The card is still helpful for low Level Synchro Summons, but considering how heavy it is on itself, I don't know if it is really facilitating the work. It shines best against Xyzs, and could against Synchros, Mega Monarchs, and probably Rituals depending on how the Rituals are being Summoned.

Nothing really broken, especially if the change is just for a turn.

You can also use Level-restricting stall like Gravity Bind or Level Limit Area B and release the bind from something big you own every turn for the lulz.

Archived