Chitiknight Uprising Set (18/?) Insect-Warrior Dual-Typed Monsters

Radiant F.U.R.Y.™

Chitiknight (キトンナイト Kitonaito, pronounced as "kī-tə-nīt," is an Archetype of EARTH-Attribute monsters. The name is a portmanteau of "Chitin" which insect/arthropod exoskeletons are made from, and "Knight." All monsters in this archetype are Insect-Type, and all share the following effect:

"This card is also always treated as a Warrior-Type monster.

I plan on this archetype to focus on "Chitoknight" monsters moving each other between the field, hand, Deck, and Graveyard to achieve different effects. I envision something similar to Satellerknights, except without the broad summon trigger on everything.

So, it's starting to like like this wont be so swarm happy as the "tellarknights." Instead, the archetype will focus on exploiting the permanent dual-type of the monsters. As, such,Things like Skill Drain and Fiendish Chain will slow this Deck down a lot. Not completely, but enough to hurt. I think I may address that in some of the S/T cards. 

Im considering making about a dozen Main Deck monsters and about 4-6 Extra Deck monsters. Not sure about support. Maybe around 4-8 s/t cards. Im definitely open to suggestions for support effs and general direction for the archetype, as I have some ideas, but nothing concrete.

CnC not only welcome, but sought after!

[spoiler=Monster Cards]

[spoiler=CTUR-EN001 Chitiknight Stinger]

qS8Pfug.jpg

This card is also always treated as a Warrior-Type monster. If all monsters your opponent controls have an original ATK of 1500 or higher: This card can attack your opponent directly. Once per turn, when a Warrior-Type monster(s) is sent to the Graveyard, you can inflict 300 damage to your opponent's Life Points for each Insect-Type monster in your Graveyard, this card cannot attack during the turn you activate this effect.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=CTUR-EN002 Chitiknight Trapper]

Y6c04Qy.jpg

This card is also always treated as a Warrior-Type monster. When an opponent's card effect that targets another Warrior-Type monster you control is activated; You can Tribute 1 "Chitiknight" monster you control; negate that activation and Banish it.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=CTUR-EN003 Chitiknight Hunter]

Mko8PrF.jpg

This card is also always treated as a Warrior-Type monster. When this card is Summoned, you can activate 1 of the following effects:

- Special Summon 1 "Chitiknight" monster from your hand. That monster cannot attack this turn and it is banished during the End Phase.
- Tribute 1 "Chitiknight" monster you control to add 2 "Chitiknight" monsters from your Deck to your hand.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=CTUR-EN004 Chitiknight Brute]

HZGH8T0.jpg

This card is also always treated as a Warrior-Type monster. When your opponent Special Summons a monster(s); you can equip 1 "Chitiknight" monster from your hand to this card. This card gains ATK equal to the DEF of the last equipped monster. When this card leaves the field, Special Summon any monsters that were equipped to it in face-up Defense Position.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=CTUR-EN005 Chitiknight Vanguard]

iMkVVFy.jpg

This card is also always treated as a Warrior-Type monster. "Chitoknight" monsters you control, except "Chitoknight Vanguard" cannot be targeted or destroyed by your opponent's card effects.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=CTUR-EN006 Chitiknight Pillager]

F9O37KQ.jpg

This card is also always treated as a Warrior-Type monster. An Insect-Type Synchro Monster that was Summoned using this card as a Synchro Material gains 100 ATK and DEF for each face-up Warrior-Type monster on the field.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=CTUR-EN007 Chitiknight Commander]

a8aqcdc.jpg

2 or 3 Level 4 Insect-Type Monsters

This card is also always treated as a Warrior-Type monster. Once per turn, you can detach 1 Xyz material from this card; destroy 1 card on the field, then, if the detached monster in your Graveyard is a Warrior-Type monster: You can destroy 1 card on the field.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=CTUR-EN008 Chitiknight Drone]

qTWZeW6.jpg

This card is also always treated as a Warrior-Type monster. While you control this face-up card, Your opponent cannot target face-up "Chitiknight" monsters for attacks, except this one. When this card is destroyed: Add 1 "Chitiknight" monster from your Deck to your hand, except "Chitiknight Drone."

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=CTUR-EN009 Chitiknight Queen]

aZe1cJ6.jpg

1 Insect-Type Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters

When this card is Special Summoned: Target 1 Insect-Type monster and 1 Warrior-Type monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon the first target, then, if both targets had the same name, Special Summon the second target. Otherwise, banish the second target. During your next Draw Phase after this card was Synchro Summoned, you can draw 2 cards instead of just 1, for your normal Draw (This card must be face-up on the field to activate and to resolve this effect).

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=CTUR-EN010 Chitiknight Soldier]

HgpKBE4.jpg

This card is also always treated as a Warrior-Type monster.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=CTUR-EN011 Chitiknight Assassin]

zgeryI4.jpg

This card is also always treated as a Warrior-Type monster. Each time an Insect-Type monster is Normal Summoned, place 1 "Chitin Counter" on this card. If a "Chitin Counter(s)" is on this card, and you control an equal number of Insect-Type and Warrior Type monsters: You can remove all "Chitin Counters" from the field to send up to 2 cards on the field to the Graveyard

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=CTUR-EN015 Chitiknight Enforcers]

3vmViod.jpg

This card is also always treated as a Warrior-Type monster. This card can attack monsters twice per turn. This card can be treated as 2 Xyz Materials for the Summon of a "Chitiknight" Xyz Monster. An Insect-Type Xyz Monster that was Summoned using this card as an Xyz Material gains this effect:
Once only, if you would detach an Xyz Material from this card to activate its effect: You can Special Summon it in face-up Attack Position instead of sending it to the Graveyard.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=CTUR-EN022 Chitiknight Charger]
NL0giUQ.jpg
1 Insect-Type Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
This card is also always treated as a Warrior-Type monster. Other cards and effects cannot be activated in response to the Synchro Summon of this card. Once per turn, you can send up to 2 Warrior-Type monsters you control to the Graveyard and add the same number of Insect-Type monsters from your Graveyard to the Deck; draw the same number of cards that were added to your Main Deck this way.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=CTUR-EN016 Chitiknight Arachnobility][spoiler=CTUR-EN016 Chitiknight Arachnobility]
603zAYa.jpg
3 Level 4 Insect-Type EARTH monsters
This card is also always treated as a Warrior-Type monster. This card can only attack while it has an Xyz Material. Once per turn, you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, then, if you did: "Chitiknight" monsters you control are not affected by your opponent's card effects, until the end of your opponent's next turn (This is Quick Effect). While this card is in your Graveyard, you can banish this card; your opponent cannot activate cards or effects in response to the Special Summon of "Chitiknight" monsters this turn.[/spoiler]

[/spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler=Spell/Trap Cards]

[spoiler=CTUR-EN012 Chitiknight Training Ground]

fIs4bBt.jpg

Warrior-Type monsters you control gain 200 ATK for each Insect-Type monster on the field.Insect-Type monsters you control gain 300 DEF for each Warrior-Type monster on the field. [/spoiler]

[spoiler=CTUR-EN013 The Advancing Swarm]

dmvma7A.jpg

While you control at least 1 monster with 2 Types, this card is not affected by your opponent's Spell/Trap Cards or their effects. Once per turn, if you control a face-up Insect-Type monster, you can Normal Summon twice per turn, as long as both Normal Summoned monsters are Warrior-Type

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=CTUR-EN014 Chitiknight Scout Party]

gYKRrtL.jpg

Activate when you Normal Summon an Insect-Type monster: You can Normal Summon 1 Warrior-Type monster this turn, in addition to your Normal Summon/Set. During your turn, except the turn this card was sent to the Graveyard: You can banish this card from your Graveyard, then Special Summon 2 "Chitiknight" monsters from your hand and/or Graveyard. Those monsters cannot declare an attack this turn.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=CTUR-EN017 They're Never Really Gone]

HtnlX1P.jpg

When a "Chitiknight" monster(s) would be destroyed by a card effect or banished: You can shuffle it into the Deck instead. Before resolving a card or effect that would destroy this card, you can Tribute 1 "Chitiknight" monster you control; add this card to your hand.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=CTUR-EN020 Hive-Mind Tactics]

CQXP3NS.jpg

Once per turn, during either player's turn, when the number of Warrior-Type monsters you control changes: You can add 1 Level 4 or lower Insect-Type monster from your Deck to your hand.

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

• 2 weeks later...

I applaud the idea of making the archetype play on the fact that they have two types. But I have to say: isn't Commander a bit... overpowered for a Rank 4 that requires only two monsters? I mean, Deltatheros at least requires 3 monsters and can only destroy 1 card per turn. Commander destroys 3 cards per turn, and even more if you use level-changing effects on a higher-level monster to Summon it.

I READ/HEARD CHITTERLING while on this thread and I got hungry. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chitterlings The artwork is great, but usage of a very common and somewhat slow mechanism(s) in this archetype, also not every unique nor interesting to play with. (by current game standards). Stinger effect is more or less pointless and doesn't really add nothing to the set while your opponent only gets hits by a small burn unless it becomes late game where it can stack up some. (my suggestion is 100 dmg for each warrior-type and/or insect-type in both graveyards making late game, mirror matches or archetypes that use 1 or the other a pain knowing this card could inflict even more damage.) Brute and Commander PSCT IS OFF, please fix. Commander effect is a tad much even if the archetype is a tad slower.

ROTA/TWRA/Insect Imitation are things you would throw in at last, still have the problem of getting consistent speed with materials you want out. ROTA/TWRA may get you monsters in your hand but, then what? not like you will be spam 1-2 out or have a main deck boss that with dictation and focus to bring out.

As of now Sats would blow this out of the water since they can:

A ) Spam crazy nuts

B ) Go into a rank 4 monster with a effect that remove stuff before you get anything out

C ) get at least maybe +1 like almost every turn while Chitoknight player will run out of resources to play with.

See what I am going with? As a somewhat experienced Satellarknight user, I have made a deck (main house being Satellarknights of course) specially for removing stuff while lowering opponent's resources for game which can happen under 7-10 turns. My opinion keep the balance but, please add some speed.

You may notice that the field spell is spelled different. This is because I intend to update the spelling of the other cards in this archetype to the new spelling "Chitiknight" instead of the current "Chitoknight." The Japanese will be unaffected by this change.

I added a continuous trap to help speed the deck up a little. I intend to make a couple more monsters that aim to give this deck more speed and consistency. To that end: I am open to any suggestions you guys might have

Changed Spelling from Chitoknight to Chitiknight

Fixed Spoilers

Added Assassin, Soldier, 1 spell and 1 trap.

Brute and Commander PSCT IS OFF, please fix. Commander effect is a tad much even if the archetype is a tad slower.

What about the OCG/PSCT is off? I'd love to fix, just not sure to what specifically you are referring. 

I updated a couple of effs, including Brute/Commander, so, hopefully, I have addressed the issue.

To speed up the Set, what you could do is add a continuous that constantly sends Chitiknights to your hand.

As it is, the Set looks like its main focus is the basic Blowing Stuff Up thing, which is great, but I agree that it's kinda slow. Pendulums will only really be useful if you can get the Chitiknights to your hand, which it doesn't look like you reliably can do at the moment.

Archived