The Nekroz Armor of Valkyrus

300px-TheNekrozArmorofValkyrus-SPTR-JP-S
You can Ritual Summon this card with any "Nekroz" Ritual Spell Card. Must be Ritual Summoned by using monsters other than Level 8 monsters, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. When an opponent's monster declares an attack: You can banish 1 "Nekroz" card from your Graveyard, then discard this card; negate that attack, then end the Battle Phase. During your Main Phase: You can Tribute up to 2 monsters from your hand and/or your side of the field, and if you do, draw 1 card for each card Tributed. You can only use each effect of "The Nekroz Armor of Valkyrus" once per turn.

Why is this not considered a staple of the deck yet? Honestly, it's insane and you should all run 3.

I just don't see it enough in online lists, people don't give it the credit it deserves.

Mainly because the OCG managed to get itself into a tandem of "Fuck defense, YOLO". The OCG is also notorious for hilariously bad turbo builds (remember that Shaddoll Turbo that resulted in Needlebug Nest and Arma Knight getting hit?). And I don't think Valkyrus is a required part of the turbo build, but it is a key part in that stupid FTK.

Mainly because the OCG managed to get itself into a tandem of "f*** defense, YOLO". The OCG is also notorious for hilariously bad turbo builds (remember that Shaddoll Turbo that resulted in Needlebug Nest and Arma Knight getting hit?). And I don't think Valkyrus is a required part of the turbo build, but it is a key part in that stupid FTK.

wait wait wait. ftk? they have a first turn kill?

how did this happen? doesn't that require direct damage?

or is the "ftk" a hand emptying so the opponent can never come back and therefore win

wait wait wait. ftk? they have a first turn kill?

how did this happen? doesn't that require direct damage?

or is the "ftk" a hand emptying so the opponent can never come back and therefore win

I don't know the specifics, but it was like a 38-something step process, and it involved this card somehow?

iunno the org posted it a good while back.

EDIT: http://www.ygorganization.com/necloth-vakilyrus-ftk/

Mainly because the OCG managed to get itself into a tandem of "f*** defense, YOLO". The OCG is also notorious for hilariously bad turbo builds (remember that Shaddoll Turbo that resulted in Needlebug Nest and Arma Knight getting hit?). And I don't think Valkyrus is a required part of the turbo build, but it is a key part in that stupid FTK.

I far more get the impression that Valkyrus is a response to the OTK craze, since he's a searchable Scarecrow.

He's one of the better boss cards that Nekroz have, but I don't know how I feel about him any more than 2.

Searchable Scarecrow is nice and all, but his use once he gets out is proccing Shrit and Archmage, and he does that really well.. I get him out, trib a Shrit/Arch, add the Ritual and draw, but it's not really plussing, considering you have to make this guy in the first place, which is in itself -2 unless you run Cycle; In that case it can be -1. Then you need the Tributes, which isn't a problem if you run normal Mirror, but that's contradicting the aforementioned Cycle, so you have to compromise somewhere. At best, with Cycle, it's -1, with Mirror it's -0. You tribute the Shrit/Arch, -1, or -2 if both, so you get the free search, +1, or again, +2 if both. (Assuming you didn't already search with Shrit/Arch earlier this turn.) Then you draw for +1/2. So, either way you slice it, you're still averaging -1. And that's way better than most Nekroz, but I still think you could argue Trish's Banish eff is more worth it. (Even if it's brick-heavy and minus' you indecently.)

Doing math on Trish:

-1 on Summon, if using Cycle, -2 with Normal Mirror.

-1 Cost on Cycle, -0 Cost on Normal Mirror.

You -2 on Trish. You -1 if you happened to tribute Shrit, which is the same as Valkyrus, but that's considering best case. As in, you had Shrit, and even then, Shrit can be a sacrifice for Valkyrus to lower the minus on him.

Please correct me if that math is wrong. I'm kinda tired.

On the other hand, beyond turn one, he turns into a great engine for searching and drawing really quick, the hand effect is great for indecent starts, his stats are really handy, he can run over most stuff, you can Kaleido him in with Unicore if you send Quasar, or Claus if you send Star Eater, he minus' you far less than other Nekroz, he gives you a really potent draw device, AND he also has awesome, awesome art. Like, I love his art. I stand by that this is my favorite art in the Nekroz bunch. I've seen him, funny enough, used with Trade-In, as Brionac/Unicore can actually add him again and again, allowing for a sub-par, yet interesting draw device.

I tried it at 3, and it just did not agree. I think it's a very strict 1-2. It's good, but not perfect. I still think he's an excellent card, though.

Lessee.

Ritual Spell + Shrit + Trish = -2

Shrit activates = +1  (-2 + 1 = -1)

Trish banishes from field/hand = +2 (-1 + 2 = +1)

Banish from graveyard (which can be a plus in various situations) = +0-1

Overall, its a +1-2

IDK. I don't really count Trish's Banish as a plus, but I guess, in a sense, yeah, it is. So I assume that would be the right numbers. I kinda just count the Banish as a minus on the opponent's side, but that could very easily be interpreted as a plus.

I don't know the specifics, but it was like a 38-something step process, and it involved this card somehow?

iunno the org posted it a good while back.

EDIT: http://www.ygorganization.com/necloth-vakilyrus-ftk/

I read through it. it's litterally a 1 card at a time mill loop with a 21 step loop, that requires this guy just so you can setup certain monsters in the grave.

it's so overly complacated it's not even worth considering. anyone playing shadoll can interupt it merely by the win condition

to it's merit, it does require only two cards in hand to start up.

the bigger issue with the ftk is that you have to wait all that time to do each step. I'd force my opponent to keep doing the motions. because they sacrifice 7k life right at the start. you can win by time out

I read through it. it's litterally a 1 card at a time mill loop with a 21 step loop, that requires this guy just so you can setup certain monsters in the grave.

it's so overly complacated it's not even worth considering. anyone playing shadoll can interupt it merely by the win condition

to it's merit, it does require only two cards in hand to start up.

the bigger issue with the ftk is that you have to wait all that time to do each step. I'd force my opponent to keep doing the motions. because they sacrifice 7k life right at the start. you can win by time out

Thats not how loops work.

Its game conduct to do the loop once to show you can do it, then declare how many times you wish to perform the loop.

Are you really that retarded? OCG has done no such thing. I'm sorry we don't run the traps like PWWB at TCG amounts but that's cause we have cards like Torrential at higher numbers. And no, that's also not true. The only "Turbo" deck that exists is Diamond Dude Turbo, which is actually a bad name for the deck since its nothing like what Airblade did. Needle was hit to Lightsworn Rulers, but Konami realized limiting Shrine and Ravine solved that, WHICH IS WHY THEY MOVED IT BACK TO 3 THE NEXT LIST... Arma was hit for shaddolls sure, but it was more to stop Infernity from being balls to the wall with the Double Arma t1 play that they had with soul charge. As Black said, this is one of the higher level Necloths that are run @3 since Qliphorts can put a s*** ton of damage with skill drain. And as for that "ftk" you keep shoving around. I can make the Exchange BLS FTK with Primal seed is a thing too in TCG, but it tops about as much as your like jab at OCG above. Now until you grow a brain cell or two about OCG, shut the f*** up about it

Thats not how loops work.

Its game conduct to do the loop once to show you can do it, then declare how many times you wish to perform the loop.

I can't let that work out like that, because of the fact that I may be running a deck that has grave hit triggers that could potentially interrupt the looping, and because of the fact it's a freaking 21 step loop.

regardless. it would require at a minimum, a one card at a time check

Archived