Shinai the DIVINE Charmer + Cataclysmic

Neutrality Man

ilfqTQm.jpg

Level 3 | DIVINE | Spellcaster | FLIP | Effect

500 /1500

FLIP: Take control of 1 DIVINE monster your opponent controls, while this card is face-up on the field.

TnGcNSx.jpg

Level 4 | DIVINE | Spellcaster | Effect

800 / 1500

Once per turn, you can Tribute 1 DIVINE monster (except this card) to Special Summon 1 DIVINE monster from your hand. The monster Special Summoned by this effect is destroyed if "Smiting Shinai" is removed from your side of the field.

Totally understand why this doesn't exist in the TCG/OCG. I just need something to fill slots in a Set. Figured, "Why not?" I'll need to figure out something to be her familiar, since none of the DIVINE monsters we have is really a valid choice.

You realize that Shinai can only steal the God cards; unless you couple it with DNA Transplant or something.

Of course, said Gods can't be taken control of; given Shinai (like rest of the Charmers) target the monster they want to control; you can figure out the rest.

Flavor-wise, it works.

Practice, not so much.

I don't recall Slifer and Ra having Obelisk's anti-targetting effect. Just another reason he's the biggest gangsta among the three. If absolutely nothing else, she'd be a good side deck option for Charmer.dek in case of God Card rogues.

Also, Found a close-enough match to make her Cataclysmic form. Probably will have to search a LONG time to find a good image for the Familiar and Familiar-Possessed cards. I do not want to have to use Kyubei from Madoka Magicka

TnGcNSx.jpg

Level 4 | DIVINE | Spellcaster | Effect

800 / 1500

Once per turn, you can Tribute 1 DIVINE monster (except this card) to Special Summon 1 DIVINE monster from your hand. The monster Special Summoned by this effect is destroyed if "Smiting Shinai" is removed from your side of the field.

I checked on Slifer; it has protection on its summoning turn, but that's it (no targeting stuff).

As for the Cataclysmic, only Slifer/Obelisk can be SSed [because Konami wanted to ruin the whole point of Marik's usage with Ra by slapping a no SS clause on it]; and even then, they go to the Graveyard at the turn's end because of it). The combo I noted above is essentially one of the few ways you can make Shinai work, but then again, I don't recall people using the god cards lately.

I checked on Slifer; it has protection on its summoning turn, but that's it (no targeting stuff).

As for the Cataclysmic, only Slifer/Obelisk can be SSed [because Konami wanted to ruin the whole point of Marik's usage with Ra by slapping a no SS clause on it]; and even then, they go to the Graveyard at the turn's end because of it). The combo I noted above is essentially one of the few ways you can make Shinai work, but then again, I don't recall people using the god cards lately.

I must have some wierd god damn luck then, because for three days I've been playing CHarmer.dek and running into nothing but Raccoon Gods.

I really like these cards. My only concern would be a very rare case of having 2  Shinai, 2 Smiting, and 2 obelisk in hand, that's 8k right there.

Also, I can't seem to find it atm, but wasnt there a card like DNA surgery that changed attribute instead of type? Sakura already mentioned that card. DNA Transplant would be good for shinai to steal cards with.

Other than them being divine they wouldn't be bad in the OCG

If only the "Pyramid of Light" still had its anime effect... would also be a means to solve the problem... actually... since obelisk can not be targeted, and slifer is immune the turn he is summoned, you could use the anime pyramid's effect to banish the god card(s) and then have a shinai with an effect that summons a banished divine monster. ;)

If only the "Pyramid of Light" still had its anime effect... would also be a means to solve the problem... actually... since obelisk can not be targeted, and slifer is immune the turn he is summoned, you could use the anime pyramid's effect to banish the god card(s) and then have a shinai with an effect that summons a banished divine monster. ;)

But then it wouldn't be a Charmer or Cataclysmic Charmer, defeating the entire point.

Archived