New Koa'ki Meiru support - Koa'ki Meiru Core Regenerator

Timeskipper

Ooookay, since the Koa'ki Meirus have been criminally neglected by Konami, here's a card that can help them with their main problem: the monsters' fragility and the need to always have monsters of the right type in your hand.

Koa'ki Meiru Core Regenerator

Continuous Spell Card

Effect: Once per turn, if this card would be destroyed, it's not destroyed. You can Normal Summon "Koa'ki Meiru" monsters also from your Graveyard. During each of your End Phases, reveal 1 "Iron Core of Koa'ki Meiru" from your hand, or send this card to the Graveyard.

Huh.

I like this card, but the Normal Summoning from Grave feels very awkward and non-Yugioh-like. Something like this, maybe?

Once per turn, you can target 1 "Koa'ki Meiru" monster in your Graveyard; add that target to your hand, and if you do, immediately after this effect resolves: Normal Summon it.

Thanks for the input ;)
I know Normal Summoning from the Graveyard isn't really a thing, sadly. But like Noobyhead said, technically monsters aren't supposed to go in the S/T zone either. I know I'm bending the workings of Normal Summoning, but I wanted to rule out ANY possibility of abuse. Which makes me wonder... should this go to Experimental Cards section? Or can I keep it here?

Except it's not really the effect of Regenerator that brings the monster out of the Graveyard, if you Normal Summon it. Double Summon, for example, doesn't Summon a monster, and thus, its activation can't be negated by Solemn Warning. For the same reason, as Core Regenerator's effect doesn't actually bring the monsters out of the graveyard, it just gives you the possibility to use a normal game mechanic in an uncommon situation.

Except it's not really the effect of Regenerator that brings the monster out of the Graveyard, if you Normal Summon it. Double Summon, for example, doesn't Summon a monster, and thus, its activation can't be negated by Solemn Warning. For the same reason, as Core Regenerator's effect doesn't actually bring the monsters out of the graveyard, it just gives you the possibility to use a normal game mechanic in an uncommon situation.

So Necrovalley specifically states "Negate any card effect that would move a card, other than itself, from the graveyard to a different place". Notice that this effect says NOTHING about activation. This means that even continuous effects are affexted., and since it is the effect of regenerator that allows you to move a card in the graveyard to a different place, the effect would in fact be negated.

So Necrovalley specifically states "Negate any card effect that would move a card, other than itself, from the graveyard to a different place". Notice that this effect says NOTHING about activation. This means that even continuous effects are affexted., and since it is the effect of regenerator that allows you to move a card in the graveyard to a different place, the effect would in fact be negated.

But see, THAT'S the problem. It's not the effect itself that takes the card out of the graveyard, exactly like Double Summon doesn't Summon a monster.

But see, THAT'S the problem. It's not the effect itself that takes the card out of the graveyard, exactly like Double Summon doesn't Summon a monster.

Not true good sir.  By the convention of the game you are unable to Normal Summon from the Graveyard.  Therefore the only situation in which you are able to do so is through a card effect.  However, since that card effect allows you to move a monster from the grave to another place, Necrovalley would negate it.  The card does not have to say "target one monster in your grave; Normal summon it", as based on the wording of Necrovalley the only situation where you can move a card to another place is through the card in the graveyard's own effect, and since this card does not cause that situation to occur, it would be negated.

Hm. I guess Konami is the only one that would have a say in it. I still stand by my point as I'm pretty sure that this sort of card effect is one of those that target the player. Still, it's really dubious as I don't remember any effects that target the player and lets it summon from the graveyard. Still...

Archived