Duelingnetwork with Custom Cards

iC RiskQ

I'm not entirely sure if anyone has already suggested this, but is there another way to actually play our custom cards that we spent our precious time on, and enjoy playing them competitively with other people? I know we can just simply print out these cards and play them with our friends. But I suggest we can do this virtually like on Duelingnetwork.

By, "another way" I mean, taking a website like, Duelingnetwork, and just adding our custom cards. Now I know that this is far from impossible, and I would like to see it. Some of us don't know how to code and use .lua crap for Dev/Ygopro and only playing offline.(that's pretty boring to play against an AI only) 

Where I can just see the Image of the card, read the text and say "okay, this is good" It would be the community of this Forum to add these cards to this idea website.

What are some downsides to this? People who make extremely unplayable cards. We need to see some reasonable card effects, not broken cards that will make the game impossible to play.

i.e: This card's Summon cannot be negated. When this card is Normal Summoned: You win the duel.

Say there was a couple of people in charge of what cards can be added and what cards cannot. (Some because I can imagine having only one person in charge with so many requests for cards to be added)

This'll have to involve someone to send a .zip file with the cards and effects clearly in the effect box. If they are any OCG errors, people in charge will fix the errors the best way they can. Once that is done, an update will be announced and cards will be added to the website fresh and ready to be played by anyone who sees the card and will like to play it. 

When the update is announced there will be a link to what has been updated and showcase the cards that have been added so everyone can see what's new! 

These are just ideas, and get me super excited having to share this idea with people from here! I really would love to see something like this. I don't have experience with website making(professionally), so I could use some help here. 

Please let me know what you think of this idea, I really want to know what you think. Even if your opinion is harsh and hurtful I don't mind, I just want my idea to be out there(not implying that I'm the only one with this idea).

Thanks! 

-Rhisc

There's something called Duel Portal that does essentially what you're asking here.

http://duelportal.us

Otherwise, you could download YGOPro + add custom cards [there are a few members who have programmed some of their things in there, but the coding will be tricky depending on what you make it do + other members can't use them unless they have the program files installed as well]. But you already mentioned this, so not elaborating.

This is still a thing?

Not that I heard of, Rod.

Didn't that die out in 2010-2011 or something?

Even if it were still relevant, don't think its programming is up to speed for Xyz/Pendulums.

Going back on topic, as I mentioned earlier, Duel Portal does exactly what you're asking [DN with custom things], but as also noted, server is currently down for unknown reasons.

Of course, members can choose to have their cards edited only by them on DP; which may pose a problem for members making really broken cards + no one else can fix it (except the developer).

Anyway, since this has been technically answered (YCM won't get a personal version of DP installed on its own server, but rather use seatellite's one), LOCK.

Archived