Post Count in C&O

I would like to propose enabling post count in C&O again.

I'm pretty sure it's been done before- if the topics get spammy and irrelevant, you can always just lock them like any other thread. Not to mention, we hardly have clubs as it is, so locking won't be a pain in the ass. Not that it ever was.

Also, suddenly is one of the most active sections on YCM…>doesn't count as actual posts. I mean, sure, it will (hopefully not) die down, but the section feels just as legit as anything else.

Reading through them, a lot of them seem like actual posts.

If I'm being honest, I don't think we should do this.

Powerforce brought life back to the section but that doesn't mean enabling post count is going to make every thread pop with activity. Plus, seeing as the solution is to just lock threads, some joke threads can become "collect +1 post count before mod notices!!!!".

Like, really, my own club in its past and present is borderline spamfest, especially at both their opening speeds. I don't think we oughta be rewarded with enormous post counts.

Powerforce brought life back to the section but that doesn't mean enabling post count is going to make every thread pop with activity. Plus, seeing as the solution is to just lock threads, some joke threads can become "collect +1 post count before mod notices!!!!".

If they enforce they rules they will accumulate warning points accordingly.

Hell, I could do that spam s*** in General right now if I wanted too.

Like, really, my own club in its past and present is borderline spamfest, especially at both their opening speeds. I don't think we oughta be rewarded with enormous post counts.

We are lucky to get posts as it is on this site, and I don't get how some of the sections warrant post counts when others don't.

It's like "Yugioh or you are out of luck" because the other sections are ghost towns.

If I'm being honest, I don't think we should do this.

That's fair enough, but it's not like clubs are actual spamfests, right now your club is but that's mainly for the hype and everyone's excited. After a few days it'll become more well mannered and it'll have a topic to actually stick to. Post count coming in after the hype, I believe, would bring back some of the members who have been really inactive (hell I'm one of them). We've been having a bit of an activity problem recently considering how much we're dying.

You have a good point on the hype eventually dying down, but I personally don't think we ought to be rewarded with initial bursts like that. Though, if you feel this is what'll bring additional activity to more clubs that desperately need it, then I'll support it as long as the section doesn't turn into a mess like it used to be.

I also see Ain's point on the anti-spam enforcement. But, not every section with post count enabled is Yugioh.

You have a good point on the hype eventually dying down, but I personally don't think we ought to be rewarded with initial bursts like that. Though, if you feel this is what'll bring additional activity to more clubs that desperately need it, then I'll support it as long as the section doesn't turn into a mess like it used to be.

I also see Ain's point on the anti-spam enforcement. But, not every section with post count enabled is Yugioh.

Clubs don't generally get that initial burst, it's mainly because you've come back and revived something popular. I doubt it would be anything like that with new clubs. I definitely feel that it'll bring activity, not only to other clubs, but the section as a whole. It'll make people actually feel like it's worth posting there when they could just talk about whatever in the Misc section.

Anti-spam enforcement would be as good as it used to be, or maybe even better depending on who becomes mod (I believe Opal's left and FD may be busy with Games & such)

But, not every section with post count enabled is Yugioh.

Oh, because Literature is so very active =D

We have post count enabled in relatively dead sections; why not turn it on for a section that could be pretty active and direct it some? 

All we'd have to do is set some rules and boundaries and actually enforce them.

Enabling post count will increase activity positively?

Or will it just encourage powerforce to grow more exponentially? I was already around during the days of post count, and the activity did not span from that. People just used clubs like use the misc section- except they had their little group discussions in each thread, and could start one again with just those people by posting in that thread.

I don't see this bringing any good to anyone or anything. Unless you plan to enable post count in misc. In which case get the fuck off my wall, jon snow.

i honestly dont understand how stupid the mods are...
Do they actually care that someone gets one extra post count for a post which isnt on topic? As long as the post isnt like 1-10 characters the it should be fine
Like why the fuck are mods trying to prevent people from posting ia dead forum already
Honestly which mod was stupid enough to take post count off it lol

Do they actually care that someone gets one extra post count for a post which isnt on topic? As long as the post isnt like 1-10 characters the it should be fine
Like why the f*** are mods trying to prevent people from posting ia dead forum already

First, no reason to be so rude. Second. Simple, because a bunch of short and/or off-topic posts are stupid and annoying for the most part, and this way makes people less likely to do it too much.

Like why the fuck are mods trying to prevent people from posting ia dead forum already

honestly this is a pretty valid point, but I wish it wasn't phrased to directly insult the mod team.

Does having no post count really discourage anyone from posting though? Disabling post count was not what killed C&O. That was a bunch of people leaving.

Does having no post count really discourage anyone from posting though? Disabling post count was not what killed C&O. That was a bunch of people leaving.

This is true.

I don't think it encourages to post, but I don't think there is a good reason for it to be disabled.

Makes people who contribute to this site seem like less for dwelling within certain sections, though.

Granted, post count should still be disabled in games and misc. I would actually push for it being enabled in OOC since, you know….posts can be pretty long in OOC and they are posts just as much as anything else is.

Makes people who contribute to this site seem like less for dwelling within certain sections, though.

I post mostly in Misc most days, I have no issues with it.

But anyway, as was stated, Clubs does not need this really I don't think.

I mean, just look at Powerforce as it is now, it's not terrible atm, but there's been a lot of spam.

Ain, the whole point of Misc is to let people do random stupid crap. If you allow post count enabled then that takes away it's whole point.

Archived