Post Count in C&O

i honestly dont understand how stupid the mods are...
Do they actually care that someone gets one extra post count for a post which isnt on topic? As long as the post isnt like 1-10 characters the it should be fine
Like why the fuck are mods trying to prevent people from posting ia dead forum already
Honestly which mod was stupid enough to take post count off it lol

By disabling post count that allows us to essentially moderate certain sections with high traffic less seeing as though nine times out of ten a thread is locked due to "spam." In the event that a dispute happens and shit hits the fan more often than not we're then alerted through reports, spam rarely ever gets reported. 

Enabling post count in C&O or even Misc. would require us to actually sift through every shitty thread in the section and as a by-product remove some of the freedom that accompanies such a section. 

Plus Misc. and Showcase for example are and always should be far different in regards to post quality, it should be represented as such.

And obviously you could make the argument that no one really gives a fuck about post count, well then the counter-response to that then becomes: So why do you give a fuck? 

im still not quite sure im understanding what im supporting

why does post count there matter? is high post counts all people want to keep the section going at all?

ily night

but really what you all are trying to do here is use powerforce to garner back your massive post-counts it granted you guys in the past

suck it up

but everyone in powerforce already has high post counts except for me

I never said that i want post count in misc, because misc is a place where you spam without getting warned, but clubs shouldnt

Before it was all fine, you had rules in clubs, specific themes etc, and the whole place was active, and it may seem that post count had nothing to do with it, well it sort of did, slightly i guess

When old members leave new ones join,
When a new member joins before they could easily post 1000 posts in clubs, now they will be discouraged as their post count will leave them with 0 post count, and most people would rather see a bigger number there

Honestly all mods need to do is have 1 or 2 more mods in the section, its that easy

This wont solve the inactivity in the forum but it woud help for sure,

If you've only ever posted in Misc or C&O then you're a shitposter and we don't want your kind here.

If you want to submit something of "value" like a deck, a fanfic, a created card, or an opinion or suggestion, go ahead. If you want to just see numbers go up or something, go look at a wrist watch.

Meh, actually thinking about it i disagree because people who have a high-post count shouldnt just be hollow figures of "Spam the general section for points that are pretty hollow YEAAAAHHH!!!!!"...

Yeah the post count being disabled in games and general and stuff is pretty valid since alot of it is non-yugioh related and has no real relevance to the site IMO. I dont think you should get points for irrelevant stuff. Because if someone joins here and looks to a high-post/point-count member for help or something and then suddenly you realise that they only really spam the general and they are no better at yugioh than you are then really why do they have the points in the 1st place? If you go into graphic designs and clubs and display your information and knowledge in that area you should definitely get points so ignore the "If you dont play yugioh then you dont deserve points" bit because your just as useful and nice people ^^. 

But my point is that alot of stuff in general is irrelevant and you shouldnt get points for displaying useless stuff (unless people actually like it and it gets alot of likes and/or is relevant what you said). so yeah maybe we could add points for specific things that deserve points/ the post count.

Ive worded all of that terribly so ignore it if you really want to xD

I don't agree with the hostility toward the mods, but I do agree if they're willing to look over the clubs to enforce rules, turning post count back on shouldn't be a problem. If it's contributing to more forum activity, maybe it's something that could be earned or see if it's worth it in a trial run.

IF they're willing. Opal was and that's how the spammiest clubs got cleaned out. Flame was there but I didn't see him do as much as Opal at the time. I don't know if Blind's willing to go through everything either. If they don't want to deal with skimming over literally every new page in a club thread, I wouldn't blame them. Mind you, I don't appreciate the people trying to go for this being referred to as "shitposters". If everyone's talking casually in a casual place, how in the hell is that shitposting?

Stuff Dog King said.

For the argument that post count is completely meaningless -- it isn't.

Higher post count means you've contributed to discussion and the other slightly more intellectually involved activities that meaningful to the forum, such as posting artwork/tags, creating cards, and instigating TCG discussion, etc. While it's not something that necessarily equates to respect, post count is still a marker of the fact that you have become a part of this community, or at the very least a part of whatever subforum you participate in. If a new member comes and simply inflates their post count by chatting in Powerforce, they haven't actually done anything meaningful or really participated in this forum, it's the same as just using the status bar.

And it occurred to me that even if the place weren't filled with spam, the Clubs and Organizations subforum is different from the rest of the forum. Correct me if I'm wrong, but in discussion-based clubs, there is nothing discussed there that cannot be discussed elsewhere -- the only difference being that the discussion in Clubs is limited to a select group of people who have joined and actively participate in the club. While anyone is free to join your club, the actual fact is that clubs often go unnoticed by anyone who is not in your little circle of friends or actively interested in your circle, and the chaos that takes place in clubs usually deters anyone who isn't constantly following/participating in the chatter. Most effective discussion would be had in the forum itself, where things don't go nearly as much on off-topic tangents, where topics aren't lost after everyone starts talking about something else, and where it isn't unapproachable to other forum members.

This forum promotes open discussion for everyone, and the closed group nature of Clubs and Organizations just simply contradicts that. Those who contribute to the forum should have their post count increased in recognition, but talking in a Club doesn't actually mean you've participated in the forum itself.

If everyone's talking casually in a casual place, how in the hell is that shitposting?

I mean it's not shitposting, but it's kind of, you know, what skype is for.

This is me calling that section redundant. If this is what you want to use C&O for, I think for convenience sake you should all use skype and let's just kill the section.

Or if you'd rather just call it skype on YCM, as it's been pointed out elsewhere, that could be fine too. It would mean more activity, but not more contribution to the site, as aix said.

I mean it's not shitposting, but it's kind of, you know, what skype is for.

This is me calling that section redundant. If this is what you want to use C&O for, I think for convenience sake you should all use skype and let's just kill the section.

Right, it's not shitposting. We can do it on Skype, but it's not shitposting at all.

The section is redundant and I can't really think of anything that justifies it in the end. I personally find some charm in having a spot on a community with a banner that represents us, seeing spirited icons and signatures while discussing things in a slower manner than Instant Messaging. I can't speak for anyone else on that.

Aix also raises a valid point. I still think these groups could contribute to forum activity, as Powerforce got a few people back on the board, and got a few of them posting in other places as an example. But that's still limited to friendcircles for the most part.

Clubs and Organization should be left the way it is. People like it, and it keeps people here at YCM. That's reason enough for me to keep it, and also, various projects and groups with other purposes have emerged in Clubs and Organizations, although they were short-lived.

I don't see why C&O can't be considered a contribution to the site.

Why is a tag/sig/artwork more important than a fun, intriguing discussion with friends that everyone can see?

Sure, the points made to keep the post count away from C&O are valid, but I can't accept that C&O is completely worthless to the forum.

I don't see why C&O can't be considered a contribution to the site.

Why is a tag/sig/artwork more important than a fun, intriguing discussion with friends that everyone can see?

Sure, the points made to keep the post count away from C&O are valid, but I can't accept that C&O is completely worthless to the forum.

I was definitely too rash in saying that bit tbh

No use taking it back now

I believe the mods overall are making a good job keeping order in the site, so although I don't agree with the insults and insinuations towards them, I think it could help...or at least wouldn't hurt too much to try if done carefully and well, with some backup planing prior to actually implementing a potential attempt, even if temporary. 

I'm not gonna say post count is pointless, because as much as people keep saying that its just meaningless numbers under your avatar, not having them increase DOES discourage people from posting, even if just a little bit. Even I, it shames me to admit it, but I think it feels a little bit more pointless to go there in an attempt to make a club or even post at all. Post count is a way in which we sort of measure how active we've been on the site, even when I kept telling myself that it wouldn't make a difference when they disabled it.

Of course that'd mean that the place would take off some freedom, but there was a time it was more organized and it was overall doing fine, and nowadays we have Miscellaneous so instead of grouping both together to imply C&O couldn't have enabled post count without giving it to Misc, what about leaving Misc to be the escape spam place it already is meant to be and just regulate C&O? If a club absolutely needs to get tons of spam to work, I don't think anything would stop the club from building its base at Misc instead if it is self-aware, or at least building a second base over there linked for when the club members want to get silly or just say hi to each other.

An excuse I keep hearing being brought up against it is the club of "Absolute Powerforce". I don't know anything about the club except that it has antiquity. Though it sounds to me like the right for that club to keep existing and keeping with mass spam, is being favored over the idea of having clubs orderly and with a purpose/goal/project behind their creation, and a single club's existence, especially one that's potentially as spamy and big as the whole Misc section combined if not more, shouldn't hold back the rest of the section.

Will it bring back an increase in activity? Maybe not a noticeable one if one at all, but IMO it doesn't sound too bad if the site is kept in check and clubs are made with a decent foundation so that they don't start off as a problem from the get go. Besides, the whole forum is a lot less active, not just that section.

The biggest issue would really be putting a mod in charge of it, which is probably one of the biggest concerns. I mean, all mods essentially work for free here so I wouldn't ask for one of them to get an extra load of work they wouldn't be willing to take, and I've seen how serious and tough it gets when elections are held and how deep the discussions can turn on the topics, but still.

Archived