DDD Ritual Monster / Covenant Ritual Spell Card

Subonito

This is my first time posting here, so, if I did something wrong (I actually read the rules, but you know, it happens) feel free to warn.

8F5aLo6.jpg

I'm a big fan of the DD archtype, it was built so well in the Arc-V anime and it was the first solid archtype (not series) to incorporate 4 kinds of special summoning. (It wasn't creative because Sophia sold the idea years before, but it is still something fresh and new to the game) I thought giving the archtype a Ritual Monster, the only kind of Special Summon that the deck dont have, I tried to follow the lore of the archtype and I came with the idea of a DDD counterpart for Oda Nobunaga, a militar leader that will protect his nation and his army. I dont know what I had at the time, but I wrote strong effects for him (maybe I thought it would be hard to place a Ritual Monster in the deck), the original idea was to make a card that protect your plays, and the first effect concludes the idea. The other two effects were made to make the card become like a Nekroz Ritual Monster: strong, flexible and compensating the -2 or -3 of the Ritual Summon. 

o7LqBYR.jpg

While Oda is full of references his Ritual Spell Card is generic, even the art is some generic warrior holding a generic sword, but it express well the name of the Covenant. It was a little hard to come up with a Covenant that is not a Continuous Spell, the burn damage is activated when the card goes to the graveyard, making the summon of Leonidas easier, and to have some synergy with the deck I made the card work well with the Covenant with the Swamp King. This can open a lot of easy OTKs, I know, but the deck won't be more consistent with it or Oda, so I think its ok to be this kind of "strong". The only thing I'm not sure is the recycle effect: I didnt thought of its impact in the game, I just thought to make this (and Oda) viable in the deck. For that reason I gave the card a restriction. (also because every card nowadays must have one)

I just wanted to share these cards in the forum, I dont fell like I want to change the lore of them, card maker for me is just a hobby. But I know these cards have a lot of errors to point out and I'll be happy to see them and become better on making realistic Yu-Gi-Oh Cards.

Ok, first of all, these are great cards for a first post! Well done for actually reading the rules beforehand as well.

I do like the idea of a DD Ritual, and you've managed to keep to the general flavour of the archetype well - my only worry is that the effects its been given are possibly a bit too good. The first seems VERY otk enabling, and a permanent cold wave can't be very healthy design. The second effect, I think, is the best in design, as a useful enough protection from your covenants to replace Leonidas ( using him to summon this guy I'm guessing). However, the final effect concerns me the most, as it doesn't require you to ever summon the guy, and acts as a free search for the deck whenever you want against most meta decks using pendulums, vanity's, etc. I strongly suggest making it during your turn only, as otherwise the card will never be summoned, instead used as a very overpowered handtrap that doubles as a searcher and can then be used as DD fusion fodder; the deck would be a LOT more consistent.

I don't really have a problem with the covenant; yeah it works perhaps too well with Swamp King but the 1000 cost and the fact that you'd only go for Oda with it makes the card fine.

Overall, a good set of first cards, you clearly understand the deck's flavour and I like that you were original in adding a Ritual to an existing archetype without one, just some issues with balance need sorting out.

• 4 months later...

Archived