So there is a mod for just a single forum in which post count is disabled

Dog  King

And you still need to disable the post count there

pfft lazyness

On a hunch, you're talking about C+O still. Or maybe General. *shrug* 

With sections like those, where topics can vary widely in subject and be extremely prone to slipping off-topic, a single mod would not be sufficient to effectively moderate the entire thing. In some sections, if the mod was gone for a few hours, or the entire day, as can easily happen with real life existing, they'd return and only have to sort through a dozen or so topics or posts in previous topics. And those sections, they usually are moderating due to actual interest or investment in the content.

The same would not be true for sections like Clubs or General, because the subject matter can vary so much, there will be plenty of topics where the content is just not interesting enough to page through it, and dozens of topics or posts could surface in a short amount of time, meaning that the moderator would have to spend almost every moment of being online to do so.

Moderators are still members who most likely came to this community to enjoy themselves and took the position for whatever reason. I'm sure many of us still like to go to other areas of the site and engage in their interests the same as most members. Being a moderator would then become a burden, and they may come to resent the duties.

You've probably seen in the past that some moderators, after a long period of time of having their position and dealing with issues each day, became more cynical and harsh towards members. They burn out or lose interest. This would happen very rapidly if they had to spend all their time paging through topics they don't care about that are being created at a speedy pace.

By having post count disabled, mods really only have to take action when something is becoming inflammatory or worse. This keeps the mod team sane so they don't get pissed off at random spam and start issuing harsher warns from frustration. Or banning frequent blatant spammers.

This may not be a perfectly accurate representation, but I can see it happening to most normal people.

Going to go ahead and lock this since not I, nor anyone here actually knows what the fuck you're even talking about. 

If you don't even give enough of a fuck to form a proper sentence why should I give a shit about anything you say? 

Archived