Coming Soon! The Blog Subsection

.Rai

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/statuses/user/179442-rai/?status_id=353841

A lot of discussion in the status. I'll expand formally when I'm off mobile.

Subsection for members to curate their thoughts? I know that there's a lot of members who have attempted or want to attempt blogs, and a friendly place to put them sounds great. Even on a larger level, you could have a blog elsewhere (Tumblr/Blogspot/Wordpress) and you could transcribe them here. Podcasts could be hosted here too.

Support.

Though, been thinking. If this is implemented as a subsection, would making it a "Blogs and Articles" subsection work?

I think that's a good idea, although it should probably be limited to one-thread-per-person, instead of people making a thread for a single article. 

Definitely support here.

Considering that a lot of you do these sorts of things, might be useful for keeping your thoughts neat/orderly.

I think that's a good idea, although it should probably be limited to one-thread-per-person, instead of people making a thread for a single article. 

Yeah, a single thread per person is more than enough. 

Basically, keep your thoughts in one place so it's easier to keep track of; as noted above.

Other forums I've been to have had this sort of thing as an entire forum section and then a sub-section for each blog but, I believe that caused too much hassle for mods each time a new blog was requested.

I think it will likely be one of those things that needs to be self moderated by the users and only have mods there if necessary-perhaps we can also implement some title tags to help better work out which blogs are the ones that users will enjoy, so [Serious], [Semi-Serious] and perhaps [Joke], so I think if and when it gets implemented it will most likely just work as another subsection in General.

It's not like Blogs are there now, so it isn't going to detract people from General.

I think it would be worth a try for sure.

All the support.  Now I'll have a place to actually put my music and even more stuff all in one thread (since that "Bring-Your-Own-Music Thread" I did seems to be dying).  I'd better go figure out what else - if anything - I should do with a blog...

I actually mentioned you in my status, I think. You were on my list of people who may or may not want a blog (I'd love to hear behind-the-scenes analysis of your compositions).

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/statuses/user/179442-rai/?status_id=353841

A lot of discussion in the status. I'll expand formally when I'm off mobile.

Subsection for members to curate their thoughts? I know that there's a lot of members who have attempted or want to attempt blogs, and a friendly place to put them sounds great. Even on a larger level, you could have a blog elsewhere (Tumblr/Blogspot/Wordpress) and you could transcribe them here. Podcasts could be hosted here too.

If nothing else, it would seem to be great for when people have discussion styled ideas they want to express for other sections. Heavens knows I used my moderator status back in the day to enable that every couple weeks.

[background=#fbfdfe]How is a blog+comments is going to work on a forum without giving each blogger their own subsection? Unless there's a way to have the blogger highlight each post or something, it might get hard to find each post even if the blogger does link to each one.[/background]

Definitely one of the issues with using a format like this. However, I think the Calendar would be a great thing to finally implement. People who are of the organised sort might want to have a schedule, and can mark it in the calendar. People could pre-schedule posts in the calendar, anyone looking for new posts can simply go to the calendar instead of drudging through the section.

It could also work like Creative Writing usually does, new posts are just posted as a comment, and all entries are linked in the OP.

I assume that'll be the norm. This should theoretically be enough, but the Calendar's for the more enthusiastically inclined.

Archived