What are your top 5 Video Games?

Slinky

In no real order

1) Final Fantasy Tactics: Best story in the series (even if it does kind of fall apart in the last chapter,) excellent music, cutscenes don't overstay their welcome like the recent games, gameplay is excellent (though I wish the battle system was more forgiving like Tactics Advance and A2)

2) Mega Man X6: So much to do, so many armors.

3) Final Fantasy 8: Really fun to break characters early on, and I'm a sucker for romance (for the most part)

4) Tactics Ogre: The father/mother/some family relation of the Final Fantasy Tactics series. It's really nice to see where FFT got a lot of its stuff from (including recycling sprites.)

5) Castlevania Symphony of the Night/ Harmony of Dissonance: A tie because both are great. Also, Juste Belmont is the best Spellbook player.

....Hmm

I can't order these at all. But I can pick them.

1. Metroid Prime - The OG Prime. Everything about the game is a magical experience. Music superb, action intense, mood and tone incredible, and its graphics hold up even today.

2. Metal Arms: Glitch in the System - A dumb little TPS I have on the Gamecube. Only really failed due to lack of advertising, as it is a fantastic game.

3. Valkyria Chronicles (+II and III) - I have an unreasonable love for this game series. The Blitz system is so much fun, and I love the style they went for.

4. Starcraft (Including Brood War, WoL, and HotS) - One of my favorite PC games, and an eternal classic for me. Playing LAN on Brood War when I was 8-11 years old will forever be etched into my heart.

5. ICO Collection - First game I ever owned on the PS3. I don't think I need to get into why I love these games.

Special mentions to Custom Robo for the Gamecube, Star Fox: Assault, and Pocket Tanks.

1. Metroid Prime - The OG Prime. Everything about the game is a magical experience. Music superb, action intense, mood and tone incredible, and its graphics hold up even today.

I would've put Prime on my list, but I never finished it, so I can't say it's a favorite.

Hrm...

Pokemon Black and White 2, Fire Emblem: Awakening, LoZ: Skyward Sword, hm...

These are mostly games that had an impact on me for their series, that I've gone back and played again or just appreciated on a personal level, so thinking of another 2 is tough... There's a second Zelda I love, but it's moreso for the game itself that the overall experience, so to speak. Or FE: The Sacred Stones, which has fucking awesome characters... But the game is piss easy. I loved Bravely Default, but there are enough problems with it that I can't call it a favorite. Rondo of Swords, Atlus on Tactics, was fun, but not too 5...

Trying to think of games that I personally loved despite whatever flaws...

Kirby Squeak Squad, possibly, as I adored the ability set in that game, though the ending was anticlimactic for a Kirby game.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Forbidden Memories was also great.

Paper Mario was a load of fun and the music was awesome.

I love both Smash and BlazBlue for different reasons.

Megaman BN5, esp Double Team DS was great, though I liked 6 as well.

I just don't know. I can choose favorite games by franchise or random games (Ape Escape, Rondo of Swords), but overall is tough.

It's just such a good RPG, and I've played an absolute ton of RPGs. Same thing with Chrono Trigger, I've replayed those two games so many times.

TF2, while I don't play it anymore, was just plain fun when I did. I've clocked in over 1000 hours into that game, definitely way more than any other game I've played.

Okami and Bastion are just art. So amazing to play and see everything. And Bastion has the only narrator I like more than Morgan Freeman.

Archived