Finalization of the YCM Economy Plan

Aix

Well shit I might have to get my old account reactivated to afford stuff early on.

For the music thing: It isn't autoplay like those aggravating tumblr blogs, is it? Really not liking the sound of it if it is.

You can choose. Just find any sort of HTML audio player embed.

We usually use this: http://gaf210.imvustylez.net/codes/generators/youtube-player-lang-eng

However, the above tends to fuck up your profile.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The freedom of choice leaves me more worried about autoplay than relieved.

I'm assuming Clubs isn't getting anything in all of this?

To be fair if someone spends the points for the music they should be able to make it autoplay if they want to.

So far it's looking good. Does the CW review cash in work the same as the RC one?

Multimedia one worries me. Seeing as it'll basically be a race to who posts about the big things first (Just look at the ORAS and Smash threads and how many replies they got).

I really don't like the idea of not resetting the points. I know the decision was already made, but really, it seems awfully unbalanced considering points often got messed with in the past by mods when they were bored.

What I DO like about this system is that it gives me a little bit of a push to try writing something like I've wanted to do!

Also curious, once the Blog subsection is made, is that going to be worked into the system? It seems like it would be a cool idea to work Blogs into it

To be fair if someone spends the points for the music they should be able to make it autoplay if they want to.

So far it's looking good. Does the CW review cash in work the same as the RC one?

Multimedia one worries me. Seeing as it'll basically be a race to who posts about the big things first (Just look at the ORAS and Smash threads and how many replies they got).

Yeah, all of the review stuff will work the same way.

Hm, alright, then I'll remove the Multimedia. I put it that way out of ignorance of the section itself.

The freedom of choice leaves me more worried about autoplay than relieved.

I'm assuming Clubs isn't getting anything in all of this?

What CowCow said.

Yeah, I can't think of anything for Clubs. If you have a suggestion, go ahead.

I was thinking Club Leaders could get extra points for how successful their club is running(if not a spamfest), and how dedicated the members in it are. Of course, since it's one huge skype chat per club, the point value could be pretty low.

That's just the top of my head. I don't really know what they could get.

I agree but that doesn't mean it can't annoy people who click on their profile. When your have your volume on high and you just want to check info on someone, you hear their music blaring without the initial choice of wanting to listen. imo, it's sort of obnoxious.

Requests should totally have bidding wars, such as for a contract.

The one who gives the most lucrative deal that they feel they can offer within X time wins the contract.

Like, say

Request: Signature + 2 renders for the sig

Showcase Member A says he'll do it all for 1000 points for the sig and 250 points per render.

Showcase Member B says she'll do the renders for free, but charge 1250 instead for the sig.

Showcase Member C says he'll do the renders alone, but will do them for 100 a pop.

So on and so forth.

I'm only being half-serious, but it could work. It's not like you can't request a specific maker, either.

i feel like there are flaws in the current system and unevenly divided points,

E.g. Your earn more points for making 1 post in realistic cards rather than joining a dueling tourny,

I honestly think this should be re thought a bit more,

Also seems theres too much work for moderators to be giving out points?! Which might end up people not getting their points and some getting too much for something etc

i feel like there are flaws in the current system and unevenly divided points,

E.g. Your earn more points for making 1 post in realistic cards rather than joining a dueling tourny,

I honestly think this should be re thought a bit more,

Also seems theres too much work for moderators to be giving out points?! Which might end up people not getting their points and some getting too much for something etc

Well it is Yugioh Card Maker so that technically makes sense.

I also believe they can just adjust point disturbing settings for posts. Other stuff they'd do manually, I guess.

Im just not sure how they are going to keep up with every good review

When they miss peoples posts people will complain,

I feel like it shoukd mainly be distributed by forum, e.g. 25 pointpepost in custom cards, 10 points in general etc
So that theris more activity in where there should be

Shouldn't things like a second coming of Ragnarok able to be handled before it becomes too much of a problem?

Why would you encourage it in the first place?

CC, RP, etc. have worked toward increasing quality for ages.

Generic points per post in the section is the exact opposite of such.

This is probably the biggest issue I brought up in the old thread, and this still is not an answer to it, as it's either too much work on the mods (hunting down every post), on the members themselves (nominating posts, though reporting it could work... except that increases workload on the mods again due to multiple reports in their favor), or rewards quantity once more.

I wouldn't discount the value a member gets from having a comment on their cards

The value is lacking because the post lacked any substance. Sure a newbie can get a smile, but that's about it, especially considering he hurt the quality of the section.

I mean, for fuck's sake, the guy said "Finally, a better Final Countdown" to this card on DNF.

Cancer
Quickplay Spell
You win the Duel in 5 Turns

And he was dead serious.

He's also a psycho, but neither here nor there.

Archived