ITT: Black refurbishes more of his old cards [5D's Support; 3/24]

Blake

I'll give just a quick bit of thought/info about each

These are from a set I was planning to post called "Junk Revolution". Most of them aren't the most amazing cards in the world or the best design, but they're from early 2010, so yeah. Almost 5 years old. So keep that in mind as you go over them.

SZCgBLB.jpg

1 "Synchron" Tuner Synchro Monster +  1 Level 7 or 8 Dragon-Type Synchro Monster\

Must first be Synchro Summoned with the above Synchro Material monsters. When this card is Synchro Summoned: This card gains ATK equal to the total ATK of all Lv. 4 or lower monster you control until the end of the turn, but any battle damage your opponent takes from a battle during this turn is halved. Up to twice per turn, when a card or effect would destroy a card(s) on the field: You can negate that card or effect, and destroy it. If this card leaves the field by an opponent's card (by battle or effect): You can Special Summon 1 "Junk" monster from your Graveyard, except "Starlight Junktion Champion".

[spoiler=Starlight Junction Champion]
Originally, this was a card called Junk Savior.

It was a "Junk" Tuner Synchro + "Stardust Dragon", based on some Tuner Synchros I had made.

It was Stardust Warrior before Stardust Warrior, but Junk themed.

I changed it because 
A. didn't feel like dealing with the Junk tuner Synchros + they were Junk X Synchron
B. Stardust is far too restrictive, so, again, opened it up to the Duel Dragons (explained later)/Signer Dragons, and some non-generic cards
C. Junk Savior didn't fit the card any more, but Starlight Junktion, the new Field Spell, seemed like the perfect thing to name it after, as it gets both Junk, Stars, and a Synchron feeling to it, based on Starlight Junktion's name and effect.

Starlight Junktion should be treated as a "Junk" card, but if it isn't one it gets to the TCG/someone enlightens me as to why, I'll edit on a clause to treat it as a Junk monster.

Also, funny to note, this can be summoned with any "Stardust" evolution, thanks to Level Eater, which is going to be used in basically any deck that can drop SSD/Quasar bar, like, silly Fabled builds. Not likely, especially for Quasar, but I've had a Level 7/8 SSD a couple times.

The stats were origninally 3750/3250 (I think +1250/1250 to Stardust? No idea why I did that in the past), but I changed them to fit the card's original namesake better; Majestic Star Dragon, which is Savior/Saver Star Dragon in the OCG.

Then there's the gaining effect ala Junk Warrior. Originally, it did the same... but it could miss timing and it didn't halve damage. Quasar's already an OTKing monster, so I didn't want to create an arguably easier to summon Quasar.

I don't think that stopping 2 destructions per turn is absurd, for the effort. It doesn't synergize with Hyper Librarian as well as other generic Accel Synchro monsters do (Bar SSD), so I don't think it's too much of a pay off when it requires less lucrative setup than Quasar or Stardust Warrior likely requires, while also being technically easier to drop (Accel Synchron + Lv. 7 Dragon OR Accel Synchron, use its effect to -1 level, then tune with a Level 8 Dragon).

As for the floating... that was originally only going to revive "Junk" TUNER monsters, but I edited it. It's a boss that has no relation to summoning a Junk Synchro monster, so if you summoned one beforehand... Kudos! Not like it sets Destroyer on a rampage or anything. It rewards you for summoning it later in the game, which I don't see as much of a problem at all, but do tell me if I'm wrong.
[/spoiler]

tB1BrpS.jpg

Target 1 "Junk" or "Synchron" Synchro Monster in your Graveyard: Banish 1-3 monsters from your Graveyard, whose combined Level(s) is equal to the Level of the targeted monster, then Special Summon that monster from the Graveyard (This is treated as a Synchro Summon, and the banished monsters are treated as Synchro Material for this summon). You can only use 1 "Hope Amidst Despair" per turn.

[spoiler=Hope amidst Despair]
This will be shorter.

It's for reusing Formula and Junk Destroyer, hence the 1-3 limit. It rewards you for making it to the late game with Destroyer in grave, though the Formula synergy may be a bit too good...

I chose "only use" as opposed to "only activate" so that, like Necloth ritual spells, you can't throw a second copy onto the board after it gets solemned.

Speaking of said Ritual Spells, there's one that RSs from the Grave, so I don't see why this can't do so with Synchro Summons.

Less than confident about this one, but it's a fixer upper.
[/spoiler]

6YXPlkx.jpg

Target 1 Lv. 7 or higher Synchro Monster you control; Special Summon 1 DARK Synchro Monster with the same level but a different name from your Extra Deck, then return the targeted monster to the Extra Deck. The Special Summoned monster cannot declare an attack during this turn and its effects are negated until your Opponent's next End Phase. If you Synchro Summon a Lv. 7 or 8 Dragon-type Synchro Monster, "Power Tool Dragon", or "Power Tool Mecha Dragon": You can add this card from your Graveyard to your hand. Each player can only activate this effect of "Corrupt Gear" once per duel.

[spoiler=Corrupt Gear]
Originally, this card was meant as a way to turn Junk Destroyer/Stardust into RDA for the sake of Red Nova Dragon and make the Dark Synchros easier to summon. Gear both in the equipment/upgrade sense and in the sense of a gear making a machine work, as Synchros are/were often associated with machines or mechanical concepts.

The original effect could target any Synchro, but when I looked at some of the lower level Dark Synchros, I felt it was a bit too good. Granted the original permanently negated the effects, but I felt that was a bit too harsh and made the card completely unusable.

In addition, it returned the monster first, then Special Summoned a DARK Synchro out in its place.. regardless of name. This means it could blink a Synchro in exchange for its ability to be revived later on, which wasn't broken but I didn't think I wanted to leave in there for flavor purposes, mostly. I changed this to actually make the card a little more efficient. In the current design, the words ", then" makes it so that the summon cannot be responded to with cards like Torrential Tribute or Bottomless Trap Hole, as the last thing to happen is returning the monster targeted, not summoning. This (along with the name clause) removed the blinking capability in exchange for a safe summon.

The current design can still sorta "blink" the cards, anyways, but you're trading it in to dodge if you use it that way.

The original also did not restrict attacking with it, so that made it a bit too OTK happy in my books. Sure it required a turn, but I didn't think it was healthy to transform into another beater on Spell Speed 2.

The current design encourages you to use it at some point in the opponent's turn, akin to Abyss-sphere without being as dumb a card.

As I went and messed with the card, I realized that, given my original intent way back into the day (Lv. 8 -> RDA), there was another really cute niche the card had; It could turn an anime signer dragon (RDA, AFD, PTD, BWD) into its Duel Dragon or Manga counterpart (HRDA, APD, PTMD, BDD). It can't transform Black Rose and Stardust into Moon Rose or Stardust Spark, but that's fine as their Duel Dragons are not "corrupt".

Thus I gave it a clause similar to Rank-Up Magic Argent Chaos Force, giving it a re-usability factor if you Synchro Summon a Signer Dragon/Duel Dragon or more niche cards. The only card that sets it off that is generic but not a Signer/Duel Dragon is Scrap Dragon, so I feel that's fine.[/spoiler]

Modern cards, ho!

I assume Starlight being able to revive itself was on purpose, right? It's built-in protection, for the most part, can effectively make it immortal if given the right scenario, in combination with said self-revival, so it comes off as a rather interesting boss that appropriately goes with it's intended deck.

Hope Amidst Despair; SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MANY POTENTIAL COMBOS. I mean, it's a Miracle Fusion of sorts, yes, but it doubles as a draw engine with cards like Formula, and a versatile toolbox with cards like Accel. Plus, you can even do silly moves with cards like Raccoons/etc to pull Junk Warrior out of nowhere at a more consistent rate and have multiple large beaters on the board. So hurray for shenanigans!

Corrupt Gear's effect is pretty silly, because it's a concept-based version of cards like Metamorph/etc, so that's always a good point to have if a card is flavor based. Plus, given the versatility to it with regards to things you could Summon, gives it some usage.

That was not intentional, I meant to edit except for itself X_x

I'll fix that when I get back to my computer.

EDIT: That is now fixed.

Hope isn't out of nowhere. It's a fairly easy card to disrupt in a few ways (bar late game for removing the "materials", but still so in destroyer's case),

I should probably add that the banished monsters are treated as Synchro Materials, but I think it's implied, idk.

I should probably add that the banished monsters are treated as Synchro Materials, but I think it's implied, idk.

If they are, then doesn't this severely limit it's playability? I mean, you would need Junk Synchron, among other monsters, like, every single time. And if your Banishing said Junk Synchron, then you loose out on the opportunity to revive/etc it later for further plays O,o

If they are, then doesn't this severely limit it's playability? I mean, you would need Junk Synchron, among other monsters, like, every single time. And if your Banishing said Junk Synchron, then you loose out on the opportunity to revive/etc it later for further plays O,o

It doesn't say it requires the same equirements, just the level and then it's treated a Synchro Summon.

It's a weird concept to work with, for sure.

It doesn't say it requires the same equirements, just the level and then it's treated a Synchro Summon.

It's a weird concept to work with, for sure.

Oh, in that case, I read your last post wrong.
Silly me...

I was under the impression that, given the implication, you would need exact Materials if they needed exact stuff.

Starlight Junktion Dragon (BTW Junction is spelled with a C not a K. Don't if that was intentional or not) could be better as a XYZ in my opinion, but I'm no one to argue with experts like you two.

First off, do the research on why Starlight Junktion Champion has Junktion spelled like that. I even mentioned its namesake and such.

Secondly, what does this have to do with Xyz when I'm making Synchron/Junk/Duel Dragon/Signer Dragon sruff? That point makes no sense at all, and you made no attempt to be remotely helpful.

Archived