Standardizing whether rules are annoucements or stickies

Goose

Just want to mention that if we put them as stickies, they'll be buried in the sea of other stickies, especially in several subforums. If we put them in Announcements...well, a staggering amount of the forum goers don't even know that announcement exists.

If I can choose, I'll pick neither and place them somewhere els that'll make them actually visible and likely to be opened, but not sure yet whether it's possible or not to do that.

But eh, sure why not? Won't be hard to do.

wow I bet I'm the only one who will reply

Don't spam.

I suppose one idea would be to just have a separate forum that contain the rule threads for ALL forums here, but then members will probably forget to read them after a while.

I recall seeing this sort of thing on another forum or two that I just happened to browse in the past; whether or not that actually worked, I can't say.

At the moment, most of the forums have theirs as a sticky, but as Nai mentioned, some of them tend to get lost in the multiple other ones; especially in RC.

Announcements, while more convenient, are apparently forgotten.

But we'll work on something.

Personally, I'd take leaving them as stickies, since they'll always be one of the first things you'll see when arriving in section.

Yeah, Aix, .Saber and Toyo all have guides; some of them could have their content merged into one thread.

Toyo's more on the lines of "how you should act in RC", Saber covers stuff NOT to do and Axi basically has the image locations + a more in-depth guide.

Zazu has the OCG guide, which is a major help for members.

Last two threads are the actual rules which I wrote (more or less whatever was in the announcement + applicable to RC) and Aix's suggestion thread for forum.

--

RC-Singles has 6 stickies altogether; and in itself, that's a lot.

Suppose Aix and Saber can have their guides merged together; considering the latter doesn't really care about YCM/CC anymore at this point and Aix hasn't touched his too often.

Toyo and Zazu's stay as is.

What to do about the suggestions thread though?

I've already merged Aix and Saber's guides into a single thread, so that part's dealt with.

But yeah, best if you PM either myself or Nai right now for any suggestions on what to do with guides.

(Should only have 4 stickies in RC; combined guide, RC rules, Zazu's OCG guide and Toyo's general behavior one)

Archived