Can we move creative writing?

Tormented

They totally have more in common than just the word creative.

Creative writing is generally where fanfics go. And these fanfics are where people take other people's characters/worlds/stories/plots/ect and twist it into something they find cool/awesome.

Showcase is generally where people put their tags. And these tags are where people take other people's characters/photos/stock images/fractals/cd4/ect and twist it into something they find cool/awesome.

Creative writing also consists of roleplays that having nothing to do with showcase, yeah I guess in theory the designs could use characters that are used in the fanfics but the same shit could be said for literally every other section.

Like with that theory creative writing should be in pop culture cards.

They totally have more in common than just the word creative.

Creative writing is generally where fanfics go. And these fanfics are where people take other people's characters/worlds/stories/plots/ect and twist it into something they find cool/awesome.

Showcase is generally where people put their tags. And these tags are where people take other people's characters/photos/stock images/fractals/cd4/ect and twist it into something they find cool/awesome.

Probably the worst description of Showcase I've ever heard in my entire life.

Do us all a favor and don't talk like you know shit about something you legitimately don't know a fucking thing about. You've probably never posted a single time in Showcase, don't make statements about the section. 

One section is extremely creative with innovation and improvements constantly, the other section is generally just reposted shit with the occasional interesting concept that goes well.

Also adding more areas for a cleaner design doesn't make things more cluttered, just easier to find. I just believe that going to a new site and then trying to find roleplays should be in a writing section rather than an area for showcase.

Here is how I expect it would be better place

Graphic Design

--Showcase

--Contests

--Shops

---Requests

Creative Writing (to ease your concern)

--Fanfics

--Roleplays

--Poems (IF YOU WANT)

--Songwriting

--Concepts and Discussion

I don't want to reshape the entire forum but these changes would make the site look much much cleaner.

Probably the worst description of Showcase I've ever heard in my entire life.

Do us all a favor and don't talk like you know s*** about something you legitimately don't know a f***ing thing about. You've probably never posted a single time in Showcase, don't make statements about the section. 

Okay the bias here is strong, obviously. So we're not allowed to comment on what we see if we aren't active in the section? That's some backasswards logic right there. Andx's description seemed to be very watered-down yes but it's what the section appears to be to some.

Tormented views on CW and RPs are just as watered-down and negative yet you're not pointing that out. So please, before you post something like that think about it from an outside point of view.

Oh, Tormented, hmm...well looking at the layout it COULD work but it does still seem like a pointless change to make, in my eyes..

I'm talking from a perspective of someone who used to visit the roleplay section on an often basis, If I enjoyed a concept enough to keep my interest I'd still be there. I'm not saying that the whole of roleplay is terrible.

I didn't come here to shit on roleplay and creative writing because there are some interesting things I just came here to state that I believe it should be split because I don't think it relates ENOUGH.

Me? Rude? Never.

For real though-it may be subjective but bad roleplays exist if it isn't creative it isn't going to go well.

the other section is generally just reposted shit with the occasional interesting concept that goes well.

Probably the worst description of how RPs on this site work I've ever heard in my entire life.
Do us all a favor and don't talk like you know shit about something you legitimately don't know a fucking thing about. You don't post nearly enough in Roleplay, don't make statements about the section.

:'D

I don't have a problem with separating them TBH, though, there'd just be three sections for the Creative Writing section. No one really does poems or songwriting except occasionally and you've left no room for just original works of fiction.

I don't really agree with this change.  Creative Commons is the name of the place, and that's where all unique expressions of someone go (that aren't cards).  Roleplays, creative writing, stories, poems, tags, signatures, shops - all of that stuff is creative.  While writing and tagging (or any other form of visual art thereof) are two entirely different things, they're still within the same family of artistic expression and I think that's what Creative Commons is all about.

I don't really agree with this change.  Creative Commons is the name of the place, and that's where all unique expressions of someone go (that aren't cards).  Roleplays, creative writing, stories, poems, tags, signatures, shops - all of that stuff is creative.  While writing and tagging (or any other form of visual art thereof) are two entirely different things, they're still within the same family of artistic expression and I think that's what Creative Commons is all about.

Support.

The concept of the section I had was REALLLLLLY brief and made up the top of my head-I'm sure more depth can be thought into it than that but you go on to most sites you never see creative writing and graphic design within the same context (to be fair, I'm not sure most forums have the kind of reality YCM has)

I'm calling it a showcase section because I believe that the two needs to be split, I have my own personal quarrels with creative writing doesn't matter I still have a firm belief that I'd look much better and feel much more cleaner than having the two included.

Also what is "creative" is entirely down to a user some people would argue some cards are creative, some people would argue that some forum games are creative and interesting literally everything can be creative dependent on what a person believes. FUCK IT PUT EVERYTHING IN CREATIVE COMMONS.

Also what is "creative" is entirely down to a user some people would argue some cards are creative, some people would argue that some forum games are creative and interesting literally everything can be creative dependent on what a person believes. FUCK IT PUT EVERYTHING IN CREATIVE COMMONS.

You're too worked up about this, love - and your argument about the cards isn't very sound.  Created Cards is its own section for a reason, as is Creative Commons.

Splitting up Creative Commons into both Showcase and Creative Writing (which sounds nice) seems like creating two wholly unnecessary entirely new sections in this already crowded up forum.  This isn't like the past General changes I proposed for clarity purposes (regrouping the area based on post-count and seriousness).  This change is based in giving Showcase its own little section separate from Creative Writing.  The activity in Showcase does not warrant this; the same goes for Creative Writing.  Separating the two, again, will achieve nothing for the forum and only create a more cluttered look.  If it's not broken, don't try and fix it.

Okay the bias here is strong, obviously. So we're not allowed to comment on what we see if we aren't active in the section? That's some backasswards logic right there. Andx's description seemed to be very watered-down yes but it's what the section appears to be to some.

Tormented views on CW and RPs are just as watered-down and negative yet you're not pointing that out. So please, before you post something like that think about it from an outside point of view.

Oh, Tormented, hmm...well looking at the layout it COULD work but it does still seem like a pointless change to make, in my eyes..

What bias? I said nothing aside from telling that guy not to make statements about something he knows absolutely nothing about and presenting them as fact. I legitimately said nothing about the topic at hand thus far. You're allowed to do whatever the fuck you want, however if you don't actually know what you're talking about then please explain to me why your opinion should be merited? If for example we're having a discussion about CC reform why in the fuck would we want to hear the opinions of someone who's never stepped foot into the section. 

Tormented could be right about RP, or he could be wrong, I wouldn't know since I've never stepped foot in the section, as such I'd never make a statement regarding it. And I don't see why I should, in a discussion regarding the change of a certain subject matter, the only people who should actually be speaking are those who are actually informed on said subject matter. It really isn't that complicated. 

As for the topic at hand from my recollection the two were just arbitrarily grouped together by some random mod at the time two or so years back. Literally no reason to it. Like no reason at all, it was fine the way it was before.

Either way, splitting the two won't even make a difference, I don't know why anyone even cares about this in the first place. 

Either way, splitting the two won't even make a difference, I don't know why anyone even cares about this in the first place.

If it would not make a difference, what reason would there be for doing it? By that standard it seems like unnecessary work for no gain.

What bias? I said nothing aside from telling that guy not to make statements about something he knows absolutely nothing about and presenting them as fact. I legitimately said nothing about the topic at hand thus far. You're allowed to do whatever the f*** you want, however if you don't actually know what you're talking about then please explain to me why your opinion should be merited? If for example we're having a discussion about CC reform why in the f*** would we want to hear the opinions of someone who's never stepped foot into the section. 

Tormented could be right about RP, or he could be wrong, I wouldn't know since I've never stepped foot in the section, as such I'd never make a statement regarding it. And I don't see why I should, in a discussion regarding the change of a certain subject matter, the only people who should actually be speaking are those who are actually informed on said subject matter. It really isn't that complicated. 

As for the topic at hand from my recollection the two were just arbitrarily grouped together by some random mod at the time two or so years back. Literally no reason to it. Like no reason at all, it was fine the way it was before.

I don't think you're understanding what I meant. Andx merely put forth what his thoughts on the section were, in a watered down post about why they can be considered similar. (Notice he did the same thing for Creative Writing, literally the same thing).

And in that case, pretty much only Kate (as far as I know) should have an opinion on it since she's the only one (as far as I know) who is in both sections.

And the last line. That's part of the point of C&S. To point out things that can be changed, even small things, and change them.

And sorry, I know you care a lot about Showcase and that's good but you ARE getting too worked up I think. That last line specifically I think was a heated one that usually I don't think you'd make.

Archived