Can we move creative writing?

Tormented

I wouldn't say I'm worked up at all-I wasn't the one who got offended by someone having an opinion about a section LOL.

But enough about bitching at each other about how we are trying too hard etc etc. The activity doesn't concern me, what "concerns" me is that they have no relevance to each other, one is about manipulating images and creating unique designs while the other is about creating stories and attempting to create large threads that last months.

As I go back to my point earlier of the fact that you very very very very rarely see graphic designing and roleplaying shifted into the same place, if people don't care and some people would like to see a change why does it effect the people who don't really mind? 

Not sure if this counts as mini-moderating or not, but it feels like both sides of this are getting far too worked up and off-track.  This is for discussion about the topic at hand - the separation of Showcase and Creative Writing - instead of personal opinions regarding who can and who can not argue points about the subject.  People who have not been in either section can and sometimes do have valid points regarding the subject.

If you have a personal problem regarding someone's viewpoints in this thread, it's easier to just PM them instead of inciting what could turn into a massive, overly embarrassing flamewar.

If it would not make a difference, what reason would there be for doing it? By that standard it seems like unnecessary work for no gain.

When this happened originally, frequenters of Showcase weren't for it. That was like a month before I was promoted so the only way I could combat it was to pm the mod who initially did it (can't remember who it was, probably pika) and ask them to revert it seeing as though some were clearly unhappy with it. I got a petition and shit, but whoever it was couldn't give less of a fuck, nothing ever happened. 

And what necessary work? It literally takes 5 minutes to do. This really isn't that big of a deal, don't see why people are making it out to be. 

When this happened originally, frequenters of Showcase weren't for it. That was like a month before I was promoted so the only way I could combat it was to pm the mod who initially did it (can't remember who it was, probably pika) and ask them to revert it seeing as though some were clearly unhappy with it. I got a petition and s***, but whoever it was couldn't give less of a f***, nothing ever happened. 

And what necessary work? It literally takes 5 minutes to do. This really isn't that big of a deal, don't see why people are making it out to be.

I've been here a while, including before you were promoted - perhaps my memory fails me, but I never saw the two sections divided and then later merged. It had always been Creative Commons.

If it takes 5 minutes then hey, honkey-dorey, but for something so insignificant why waste even a second on it?

I've been here a while, including before you were promoted - perhaps my memory fails me, but I never saw the two sections were divided and then later merged. It had always been Creative Commons.

If it takes 5 minutes then hey, honkey-dorey, but for something so insignificant why waste even a second on it?

And I've been here longer than you, because apparently we're talking about trivial shit now. It is failing because Graphic Design was definitely it's own section. 

Just because it's insignificant to you, doesn't mean it's insignificant to others. 

Either way, splitting the two won't even make a difference, I don't know why anyone even cares about this in the first place. 

Just because it's insignificant to you, doesn't mean it's insignificant to others. 

Exactly this, do you understand what I'm trying to say at all? This has gotten way out of control.

The point is, as Kate and I (And others I think) stated. The section is for posting creative things. (cards could count but obviously need their own section just based on how much there is posted there.) Simple as that. No reason to change.

And I've been here longer than you, because apparently we're talking about trivial s*** now. It is failing because Graphic Design was definitely it's own section. 

Aye, by a few months. I'd need to see to believe but, you are right, the matter is trivial.

Edit: After seeing your screencap in your edit I can see why the section was re-done in the first place.

But that's what I'm trying to argue - I don't see what's so significant about it to warrant a change. The issues raised have been rebutted with no real sign of counter-argument. Creative Commons is for Creative Pieces, whether written or graphical. The two are fine where they currently sit, and splitting hairs only makes mess.

Either way, splitting the two won't even make a difference, I don't know why anyone even cares about this in the first place. 

^That's literally my only point regarding this. 

People apparently really give a fuck about such an insignificant change, that or we're all just arguing for arguments sake, going to go ahead and assume it's the latter. There's no point in furthering the discussion

Archived