Announcing Blogs Subsection

.Rai

2lv1klc.gif

You may or may not have heard that we're launching the Blogs subsection in the next few days! On Thursday (that's tomorrow), you'll be able to find the section in General, and on Friday, blogs will start appearing in the section as it goes properly live. This is all in GMT, by the way!

What is the Blogs subsection? This is a chance for any of you that want to talk about something that interests you, as general or as specific as you would wish. The section also welcomes podcasts in a similar fashion.

For a little while, the section will have topic moderation: this means that if you post a thread, it won't appear immediately. Don't worry, this isn't permanent! After the launch event, all blogs will be approved and you can post blogs at your own will. This is just to give some of the blogs (see the list below) some breathing space during the honeymoon period. If you already have blogs ready, go ahead and post them: they'll appear soon enough!

Other things you may want to note is increased usage of the Calendar function. Various members may or may not be using the Calendar, depending on how scheduled their blogs are, or if they want to notify towards specific posts.

If you have questions, please ask below or send me a PM! Otherwise, to celebrate the section's opening, several members will have blogs up and running from the start. Here's a list of some of the blogs you can expect up at launch!

UnendingEmpire | UE's Lair
A Blog About A Whole Lotta Stuff
Adora | Journey
Kate's Transition to the Real World
Klavier | Piltover Customs
League of Legends pro scene, guides, theorycrafting
Giga | Giga's Alters
TCG Alters by Giga
Rodrigo | A Wanderer's Lair
Rod talks about Commander and MtG!
Tormented | Tormey's Cyberspace
Tormey Talks Code.

Schedule
Thursday: Blog Subsection opens. Anyone may post blogs, they won't appear until Saturday. I recommend posting on Saturday instead.
Friday: The above launch blogs will appear in the section.
Saturday: Public launch. Everyone may post their blogs!

Blogs are for everyone! Just to make the section opening a bit more special, I'm letting a few blogs have the section all to themselves for a day or something! As soon as the section is up, feel free to post any blogs. If you post it on Thursday or Friday, it probably won't appear yet, so worth waiting till the weekend and everything shall be back to normal.

Blogs are for everyone! Just to make the section opening a bit more special, I'm letting a few blogs have the section all to themselves for a day or something! As soon as the section is up, feel free to post any blogs. If you post it on Thursday or Friday, it probably won't appear yet, so worth waiting till the weekend and everything shall be back to normal.

Thats what I meant, I wanted to be special. If not, I guess I understand...

Thats what I meant, I wanted to be special. If not, I guess I understand...

Super sorry about that! I put up a notice up a while back, but I didn't make it very visible, I apologise!

Launch blogs are mostly an advertising scheme, if everyone makes their blogs at launch, there won't be any new blogs after the first day. Get your blog ready, and it'll be up very soon, promise C: PM me if you have any queries.

Just what YCM needs. People with inflated egos.

Hey, I'm not writing a blog.

Disregarding this, I'm very happy Rai's promotion is following so many changes on YCM for the better. You're taking things by storm, you adorable rascal you.

Can't wait to see the section.

Just what YCM needs. People with inflated egos.

Now I kinda want a blog so I can get my ego inflated, I'm told I need that.

Um so like. If I decide to make a blog what do I do? Wait for when it becomes open to more people and just make it? Is there gonna be certain requirements?

I've probably overcomplicated this by introducing the launch event. Essentially, post your blogs whenever, but they'll only start appearing (probably) Saturday. In that vein, I'd probably just post them on Saturday instead of faffing with mod approval. There will be a notice, don't worry! The rules of the section will have some helpful examples for how to lay out your blog and maintain it, but otherwise, go for whatever you want. The section's as simple as it sounds: post blogs!

I know the blog can be multi-topic but can a single blog entry be multi-topic? I kinda want to try that out and see if it works for my blog.

Yup, go for it! Feel free to dart around lots of topics. It is also possible to put two different topics as two different posts, and organise them like that. YOU HAVE SO MUCH CHOICE GUYS

How about a blog where the person rambles on about design choices for custom cards they make, and why they made changes, and why they did what did, and whatever?

I already do that in CC. It's not really that hard to do when you post the card, if you care too.

How about a blog where the person rambles on about design choices for custom cards they make, and why they made changes, and why they did what did, and whatever?

Go for it! I'm surprised no-one's actually gone for this. Definitely thought at least one person would. Of course, more than one person can tackle a topic with their blog! Edit: And, as Black mentions, this is also equally valid in CC. I'm thinking more of a Card of the Day-esque blog. With occasional big design posts.

Definitely space for stuff like YGO TCG blogs, and art blogs, or god knows what else.

Archived