Looking for ideas for a villain for a 5d's fic

I Hate Snatch Steal

This story would be set roughly right after the Japanese ending (obviously before the "X years later" flash forward in the final episode)

Yusei and co. would get their signer birthmarks back to face this new threat.

This could be just 1 villain, or an entire organization's worth

Any and all ideas are welcome, and if I use your idea, you might just get a reward.

I think what you should do is ground it in 5D's lore so it doesn't come across as random. Make it so that this is connected to ideas from 5D's, so it doesn't come across as this villain being something that could just be used for any of the Yu-Gi-Oh! series.

I've always been fond of Divine as a villain, so you could potentially revisit him, only he's returned in a stronger capacity, making him a more worthwhile threat.

You could also expand upon some of the major villain organizations, such as Yliaster or the Dark Signers. With Yliaster, you could focus more on the future that has been created instead, and perhaps a new villain has risen up. However, given how you want to focus on Yusei, you would need this replacement villain to show up earlier, and it's made apparent that they're not much better than the Machine Emperors, because you don't want time travel to be a major factor, since that would just be a rehash. Or, if you're thinking of the Dark Signers and their conflict with the Signers, then you might be inclined to research some Incan mythology, and use that as inspiration.

Though all those ideas are just recycling the major factions from 5D's. If you want ideas for a villains, then look at the functions those factions served in the story, and how they did so, then consider something that hasn't been done. The Arcadia Movement was about psychics, while the Dark Signers were about the Underworld. Both are supernatural ideas, though psychics border on the line between magic and science fiction, the latter of which are best exemplified by Yliaster. Perhaps something that blends supernatural and scientific ideas in a way other than how Arcadia Movement did?

I think what you should do is ground it in 5D's lore so it doesn't come across as random. Make it so that this is connected to ideas from 5D's, so it doesn't come across as this villain being something that could just be used for any of the Yu-Gi-Oh! series.

I've always been fond of Divine as a villain, so you could potentially revisit him, only he's returned in a stronger capacity, making him a more worthwhile threat.

You could also expand upon some of the major villain organizations, such as Yliaster or the Dark Signers. With Yliaster, you could focus more on the future that has been created instead, and perhaps a new villain has risen up. However, given how you want to focus on Yusei, you would need this replacement villain to show up earlier, and it's made apparent that they're not much better than the Machine Emperors, because you don't want time travel to be a major factor, since that would just be a rehash. Or, if you're thinking of the Dark Signers and their conflict with the Signers, then you might be inclined to research some Incan mythology, and use that as inspiration.

Though all those ideas are just recycling the major factions from 5D's. If you want ideas for a villains, then look at the functions those factions served in the story, and how they did so, then consider something that hasn't been done. The Arcadia Movement was about psychics, while the Dark Signers were about the Underworld. Both are supernatural ideas, though psychics border on the line between magic and science fiction, the latter of which are best exemplified by Yliaster. Perhaps something that blends supernatural and scientific ideas in a way other than how Arcadia Movement did?

Basically this, though if you'll allow me to look at things from a more thematic standpoint...

5D's tried to be (and succeeded in some cases) centered around themes of community, progress, evolution, and friendship. In other words, the show was about moving forward together in a positive way, both in terms of the characters and the Synchro monsters themselves, since it was the first time the game had seen a new summoning mechanic and Synchros are all about uniting monsters together to form shiny new extra deck cards, and they show constantly connected synchro summoning with evolution and progress (like for instance how synchro summoning contributed to the enerD reactors that ran Neo domino's power grid). This is exemplified in the signers, who grow into stronger and better people by working together and making their world a better place, changing it from a dystopian city-state into one of freedom and progress.

In contrast to this, 5D's villains represent the opposite. Divine and his Arcadia movement illustrate the dark sides of community and conformity, the Dark signers and goodwin represent backward thinking (effect monsters, the stagnation of  death, as opposed to synchro summoning and the changes life goes through exemplified by the signers), and Aporia and Z-one are all about despair and regret, aka looking toward the past (trying to make up for past mistakes and stopping the "evolution" synchro monsters represent with the meklords), while the signers are about moving forward and looking toward a better tomorrow.

When trying to make a faithful villain for 5D's, keep in mind that they should represent something similar. All of the show's antagonists were about the past, about resisting positive change or refuting the community and friendship that got the signers through their journey. Perhaps draw inspiration from the timeline's past (DM, GX, etc) and try and contrast that influence with how far the world has come with the positive advent of synchro summoning, or if you're creating an antagonist(s) who is/are entirely unique, try and contrast them with what the signers represent.

Hope my ramblings help.

Archived