My Probably Not Good Cologne Normal Monster/ Blue-Eyes Deck

JessicaMuddy

Nmt8Q5Z.jpg

Monsters:

x3 Box of Friends

x3 Maiden With Eyes of Blue

x3 Dragon Horn Hunter

x3 Lancephorhynchus (What a b**** to spell)

x3 Soul Tiger

x3 Gem Knight Garnet

x3 Millennium Shield

x3 Labyrinth Wall

x3 Blue-Eyes White Dragon

Spells:

x1 Raigeki

x2 Double Summon

x2 Xyz Reception

x3 Ancient Rules

x1 One for One

Traps:

x1 Bottomless

x1 CED

x1 Mirror Force

x1 Torrential Tribute

Extra Deck:

x1 Goyo Guardian (In the off chance I want to use it)

x2 Utopia

x3 Princess Colonge

x3 Number 61: Volcasaurus

x3 Tiras, Keeper of Genesis

x3 Number F0: Future Hope (Dunno Why)

Thoughts?

The goal is to go from Box of Friends into 2 Level 4s (Level 5s if in need some Defence) then Summon another Level 4 and go into Cologne with the Normal Summoned one and one of the SS'ed ones. When I end the turn the other Normal Monster gets destroyed and I use Cologne's effect to SS a Blue-Eyes from the Deck.

Another strategy is to target Maiden with Xyz Reception, use Maiden's effect to SS Blue-Eyes then SS Box of Friends from my hand (Since Box of Friends has a Grave effect).

The idea of Dark Hole that Armadilloz talks about is that you trigger your own Box while nuking your opponent's front row.

Using a card of your own exclusively for Box would just be a -1 and not be worth it. Though yeah, at times there'd be no choice. I do recommend Torrential personally.

Another card you can main is "One for One". It'd add a little consistency to your deck.

Also Kinka-Byo to revive Box as often as you like, and even your Maiden for Synchro plays or to bring out Blue Eyes. (maybe even main Foolish Burial as an extra consistency measure).

The idea of Dark Hole that Armadilloz talks about is that you trigger your own Box while nuking your opponent's front row.

Using a card of your own exclusively for Box would just be a -1 and not be worth it. Though yeah, at times there'd be no choice. I do recommend Torrential personally.

Another card you can main is "One for One". It'd add a little consistency to your deck.

Also Kinka-Byo to revive Box as often as you like, and even your Maiden for Synchro plays or to bring out Blue Eyes. (maybe even main Foolish Burial as an extra consistency measure).

Adding One for One, but Kinka-Byo would not help since it removes the monster from play when it leaves, so I can't get it back. Also adding Torrential.

Decided to take out both Magic Cylinders.

Your Deck seems quite prone to dead draw, having 15/27 Normal monsters which require a tribute(s).

Here is a list of suggested changes to the Deck with reasoning. Also, as the word 'suggestions' implies, you are not 'forced' to apply said changes. Maybe you can get an idea from them.

Main Deck

-3 "Blue-Eyes White Dragon": other than being a strong beatstick, this card does not seem to serve a real purpose in the deck;

-3 "Maiden with Eyes of Blue": there is no usage for this card without "Blue-Eyes White Dragon";

-1 (or 3) "Double Summon": Reduce the chance of dead drawing it, you also have another card with the same level;

-1 (or 3) "Millennium Shield": Same reason as "Labyrinth Wall"; 

-1 or 2 "Lancephorhynchus": Gives a nice effect to your Normal monsters, but in a deck not dedicated to normal Pendulum monsters ;

-1 or 2 "Dragon Horn Hunter": Same reason as "Lancephorhynchus";

-2 "Double Summon": There aren't any effects that specifically activate at Normal Summon, requiring tributes for most monsters is not favorable;

-2 "Xyz Reception ": Playing it is a -1. Also with levels that are all over the place, it is quite useless;

+2 or 3 "Gem-Knight Sapphire": A small wall that can be special summoned by serveral other options in the deck;

+2 "Blazing Inpachi": Decent beatstick, can be summoned by "Box of Friends". Can also serve as a Fusion Material for some "Gem-Knight" monsters;

+1 "Debris Dragon": Can revive some of your monsters for a Synchro Summon (Dragon-Type only), or instant Xyz Summon;

+1 "Rescue Rabbit": Instant rank 4, what's not to like about it? If it somehow ended up in the Graveyard, it can be used for a Rank 4 with "Debris Dragon";

+1 or 2 "King of the Swamp": Search for a "Polymerization". Can also be revived by "Debris Dragon" for a Level 7 Dragon-Type Synchro Monster; 

+1 or 2 "Zombowwow": Its effect lets it Special Summon a monster with 0 ATK and 0 DEF, after which it destroys it. Usefull for "Box of Friends";

+1 or 2 "Masked Chameleon": Revive "Blazing Inpachi", "Gem-Knight Garnet" or "Box of Friends" from your Graveyard to Xyz or Synchro Summon;

+2 or 3 "Polymerization"/"Fusion Substitute": My advice is to run the original since you can use cards in your hand as well;

+2 or 3 "Mystical Space Typhoon": Simple, yet effective Spell/Trap Card removal;
+2 or 3 "Forbidden Chalice"/"Breakthrough Skill": Strip opposing monsters from their effects, or change the outcome of batte ("Forbidden Chalice" is more likely to do this);

+1, 2 or 3 "Summoner's Art": This card can search your Deck for your Level 5+ Normal monsters, more specifically the Pendulum monsters. (linking to it is be glitchy due to an apostrophe);

Side Deck

-1 "Goyo Guardian": With the above changes, it becomes extremely hard to actually summon this card;

-3 "Number F0: Future King Hope": What is this card even doing in the deck? You need to jump through hoops (figuratively, 'literally' would be a bit weird) to summon it.

-1 or 2 "Number 39: Utopia": Just negating attacks is a bit underwhelming, though it does have decent ATK;

-1, 2 or 3 "Number 61: Volcasaurus": Create room for more options, maybe not always as easy to summon; 

-1, 2 or 3 "Tiras, Keeper of Genesis": The same reason as that applies for "Number 61: Volcasaurus";

+2 or 3 "First of the Dragons": Immune to pretty much any monster based removal (effects and battle protection). Yes please;

+1 "Gem-Knight Aquamarine"/"Gem-Knight Amethyst": Utility cards that return card(s) to the owner's hand (or Extra Deck);

+1 "Gem-Knight Ruby"/"Gem-Knight Citrine": Effect that have something to do with the battle phase; 

+1 "Azure-Eyes Silver Dragon": Special Summon Normal Monster from your Graveyard;
+1 "Moonlight Rose Dragon"/"Black Rose Dragon": Get rid of opposing cards, different duelists prefer different cards;

+1 "Number 101: Silent Honor ARK": Splashable card that can take care of opponent's Special Summoned monsters;

+1 "Castel, the Skyblaster Musketeer": Mostly the same purpose as "Number 101", does work a little different;

... Just splashable Rank 4 monsters, or some strong level 8 Synchro monsters.

Archived