Des Chimera Dragon

BANZAI!!!!

Found the art, decided to make it for use in an RP i'm doing. I still want it to be balanced and playable though so its up in here instead of another section. Not sure if it should be a rank 5, but i figured astral force into C5 justifies it being a rank 4 for more utility. CnC would be nice as i'm sure its not quite balanced. Should note that there's supposed to be a "Number 5" in the card name, but for rp purposes i didn't include it in the card maker.

nyywXta.jpg

Lore: 2 or more Level 5 Monsters
This card gains 900 ATK for each Xyz Material attached to it. If this card attacks, at the end of the Damage Step: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; this card can attack an opponent's monster again in a row. During your Main Phase: You can pay 1000 Life Points, then target 1 monster in either player's graveyard; attach it to this card as an Xyz material. You can only activate each effect of "Number 5: Des Chimera Dragon" once per turn.

Lore: 2 or more (max. X) Level 4 Monsters
This card gains 700 ATK for each Xyz Material attached to it. If this card attacks, at the end of the Damage Step: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; this card can attack an opponent's monster once again in a row. Once per turn, during your Main Phase: You can pay 1000 Life Points, then target 1 monster in either player's graveyard; attach it to this card as an Xyz material.

If this is supposed to be Fluffal  never mind. generic Rank 4? why not. we definitely need more of those. I get the whole multiple heads multiple attacks idea, but there is such a thing as too much (a.k.a. being able to attack up to 5 times in one turn). the art isn't really fitting with the idea of a chimera, but it seems to fit the theme of the card itself. duelnetwork won't load for me, but i'm pretty sure hieratics could use this... nope. huh. this can't be ranked up into anything. i'm pretty sure that's a good thing though, since that would give up to 6 Xyz Materials to what ever you ranked it up to. 

If this is supposed to be Fluffal  never mind. generic Rank 4? why not. we definitely need more of those. I get the whole multiple heads multiple attacks idea, but there is such a thing as too much (a.k.a. being able to attack up to 5 times in one turn). the art isn't really fitting with the idea of a chimera, but it seems to fit the theme of the card itself. duelnetwork won't load for me, but i'm pretty sure hieratics could use this... nope. huh. this can't be ranked up into anything. i'm pretty sure that's a good thing though, since that would give up to 6 Xyz Materials to what ever you ranked it up to. 

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Number_C5:_Chaos_Chimera_Dragon

Supposed to be the pre-RUM'd form of the above link. Can be easily astral force'd into it, which was the idea. Basically to make C5 useable and at the same time to have a half decent R4 beater. Probably does need an OPT clause on the detach effect though.

The issue, flavour-wise, is that Chaos Chimera Dragon is a Chaos Number, which is (without exception) 1 Rank higher than its base form (if it exists); therefore, it stands to reason that Number 5 would be Rank 5, not Rank 4.

Thanks for the clarification, guess it'll get reworked into an R5 when i have time. On that note, does it need rebalancing in terms of how much ATK it gains per material/its starting stats?

Definitely should be R5. Astral Force was specifically not for Chaos Numbers/Xyz in the anime, as the Astral World rejected Chaos.

It... doesn't feel right in the effect flavor, either. CNos and CXyz are generally more offensive than their original selves, and this is basically the same card but a rank or two lower and a weaker latter effect. Thunk about Utopia, the 100+ CNos, etc.

Stat flavor is also strange. Why does it technically get more passive on evolution?

And for the card itself, C/P from Skype

It's basically a retarded BLS. 2 Level 4s gives you a 3100 for 1000 LP that can clear 2-3 monsters from the board, though likely not a 4th. It's a bit too powerful for the effort, even with Gagaga Samurai as competition. It (and its Chaos self that takes a lot more effort for much less payoff bar the latter effect) feels like Berserk Dragon honestly.
[11:29:57 PM] Josh: and like
[11:29:59 PM] Josh: 2x Level 4
[11:30:04 PM] Josh: 2400 that gains 700
[11:30:06 PM] Josh: 3x level 4
[11:30:12 PM] Josh: it's a 3100 that gains 700
[11:30:17 PM] Josh: that's a 3800 for 3x Level 4
[11:30:27 PM] Josh: that swings over and over
its incredibly unfair because like
[11:31:20 PM] Josh: if you pay 3x level 4
[11:31:23 PM] Josh: you can kill:
[11:32:05 PM] Josh: 2x 3000+ monsters
1x 2350 or less monster
1x 1650 or less monster
1x 950 or less monster (pfft)
[11:32:08 PM] Josh: yeah it's one turn
[11:32:12 PM] Josh: but it deals damage in the process
[11:32:24 PM] Josh: and like

That's better than Number 91 by far almost always, which means the design is outclassed because it's both more versatile and more potent than 91.

As a Rank 4 (I'd suggest making it related to 5/C5 but not C5 itself, as 5 should definitely be a R5. Think that one anime-only fake Number... 4 I think, which had another card like itself), the "or more" should be removed, and/or limit it to one extra attack per turn.

Also need to drop the stats to 0/0 and maybe increase the material buff to 800 or something... That way it encourages attaching from the grave immediately to get major value. Still not better than Cowboy, but it could lead to gimmicky stuff. The "or more" could be left as well, to encourage using it in this way. So just:

2 or more Level 4 Monsters

This card gains 800 ATK for each Xyz Material attached to it. If this card attacks, at the end of the Damage Step: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; this card can attack an opponent's monster again in a row. You can only activate this effect of "Des ??? Dragon" once per turn. Once per turn, during your Main Phase: You can pay 1000 Life Points, then target 1 monster in either player's graveyard; attach it to this card as an Xyz material.
0/0

Name needs a change to something related if it stays R4, though.

As an R5, make it buff 900/1000 per mat, and just limit the extra swing to opt ike before..

Definitely should be R5. Astral Force was specifically not for Chaos Numbers/Xyz in the anime, as the Astral World rejected Chaos.

It... doesn't feel right in the effect flavor, either. CNos and CXyz are generally more offensive than their original selves, and this is basically the same card but a rank or two lower and a weaker latter effect. Thunk about Utopia, the 100+ CNos, etc.

Stat flavor is also strange. Why does it technically get more passive on evolution?

And for the card itself, C/P from Skype

It's basically a retarded BLS. 2 Level 4s gives you a 3100 for 1000 LP that can clear 2-3 monsters from the board, though likely not a 4th. It's a bit too powerful for the effort, even with Gagaga Samurai as competition. It (and its Chaos self that takes a lot more effort for much less payoff bar the latter effect) feels like Berserk Dragon honestly.
[11:29:57 PM] Josh: and like
[11:29:59 PM] Josh: 2x Level 4
[11:30:04 PM] Josh: 2400 that gains 700
[11:30:06 PM] Josh: 3x level 4
[11:30:12 PM] Josh: it's a 3100 that gains 700
[11:30:17 PM] Josh: that's a 3800 for 3x Level 4
[11:30:27 PM] Josh: that swings over and over
its incredibly unfair because like
[11:31:20 PM] Josh: if you pay 3x level 4
[11:31:23 PM] Josh: you can kill:
[11:32:05 PM] Josh: 2x 3000+ monsters
1x 2350 or less monster
1x 1650 or less monster
1x 950 or less monster (pfft)
[11:32:08 PM] Josh: yeah it's one turn
[11:32:12 PM] Josh: but it deals damage in the process
[11:32:24 PM] Josh: and like

That's better than Number 91 by far almost always, which means the design is outclassed because it's both more versatile and more potent than 91.

As a Rank 4 (I'd suggest making it related to 5/C5 but not C5 itself, as 5 should definitely be a R5. Think that one anime-only fake Number... 4 I think, which had another card like itself), the "or more" should be removed, and/or limit it to one extra attack per turn.

Also need to drop the stats to 0/0 and maybe increase the material buff to 800 or something... That way it encourages attaching from the grave immediately to get major value. Still not better than Cowboy, but it could lead to gimmicky stuff. The "or more" could be left as well, to encourage using it in this way. So just:

2 or more Level 4 Monsters

This card gains 800 ATK for each Xyz Material attached to it. If this card attacks, at the end of the Damage Step: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; this card can attack an opponent's monster again in a row. You can only activate this effect of "Des ??? Dragon" once per turn. Once per turn, during your Main Phase: You can pay 1000 Life Points, then target 1 monster in either player's graveyard; attach it to this card as an Xyz material.
0/0

Name needs a change to something related if it stays R4, though.

As an R5, make it buff 900/1000 per mat, and just limit the extra swing to opt ike before..

Probably changing this to a rank 5 to fit the card art. the beefier starting stats were there so it could hit stats that weren't useless first turn. tbqh it was pretty hard to balance at rank 4, and even the end result didn't feel quite right. I should have made it a rank 5 to begin with.

Alternatively, I might just scrap the C5 relation entirely and rework it into a standalone R4 if i decide to go that route.

Archived