[M:TG] GCRP Chaos (This would be a Casual thread, but...)

Tesability Black

Folks, I'm in WAY over my head. I don't know what I high on, but I decided to start making a M:TG set based off the Grand Crossover Roleplay...

I'm gonna need all the help from the other RPers in the thread I can GET on this project. I am nowhere near done with it.

First, I think I'm gonna wanna introduce the cards that bring in the new keyword, Transform.

[spoiler=Shifted Form - Pidgeot]ShiftedFormPidgeot_zps99bf68a9.jpg[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Shifted Form - Sneasel]ShiftedFormSneasel_zpse812bf74.jpg[/spoiler]First of all, the Shifted Form cards are cards that are supposed to be summoned through the Transform mechanic, which is why they do not have a mana cost on them. Transform is worded the way it is because there will be cards with a mana cost that have the mechanic as well. Transform sends the targetted Shapeshifter to the deck instead of bouncing it to the hand to represent how the primary 'shifter in the RP, a Ditto, can only change so many times in a row before tiring out.

[spoiler=Neos Rivetter / Gemini Rivetter]NeosRivetter_zps0d63d1f2.jpg[/spoiler]Wait, what? Pokemon can have evil halves? This one does as the result of past brainwashing the light half had endured during one of the times he was captured by Team Rocket. The number of cards in hand reflect the mental state of this particular card. When one has low control (1 or less cards in hand), Neos becomes Gemini. When Neos regains control (5 or more cards in hand), Neos returns to normal. In the RP, if a certain phase is uttered (Bioshock fans know what it is) followed by a command Neos wouldn't follow through with normally, Gemini often comes into the forefront to complete the command after a mental fight between the two personalities. Landing in the lake in Remembrance can also bring Gemini out as well... Also, since the Gemini half has Transform as well, you can put him directly into play, skipping over needing to flip Neos over first by wrecking your hand size.

[spoiler=Jace, Shadow of the Mind]JaceShadowoftheMind_zpsf85f8106.jpg[/spoiler]I know this one showed up in another thread, but here's where he's supposed to show up. This shadow is all of Jace's guilt, self-hatred/pity and all other bottled negative emotions finally seperated from him and given form. He originally was the same Planeswalker type as the original Jace, but I soon figured it would be a whole hellload simplier to give him his own type...even if it is a bit of a cop out.

[spoiler=The White Room]TheWhiteRoom_zps311455fd.jpg[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Path of Remembrance]PathofRemembrance_zps03aed8e9.jpg[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Path of Truth - Light]PathofTruthLight_zps62f473b6.jpg[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Path of Truth - Dark]PathofTruthDark_zps618abb5d.jpg[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Path of Death]PathofDeath_zpsdcf9dc64.jpg[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Pathway to Origin]PathwayToOrigin_zps5fa18cb8.jpg[/spoiler]The last Arc of the GCRP takes place upon a location known as the Path of Origin, which is a set of trials meant to reforge the people who travel through it and prove their worth before arriving at the Door of Origin, where any reality-warping wish can be granted. And unlike other reality-warpers, which are often limited to their home reality, this Door can affect all realities at once. The fact that the borders make them look like colored lands is actually on purpose. I'm also trying to figure out a more...difficult win condition that still includes needing the four Paths, though...perferably one that isn't full-on impossible. The Door of Origin itself is apparently the reality warper among reality warpers, the one that has the final say over any others. More than that, dear Merciful Idiot isn't really parting with...

[spoiler=Beyond the Fourth Wall]BeyondtheFourthWall_zpsc7d409fb.jpg[/spoiler]Ah, a card that I believe best represents a little ability a certain pair of characters have known as a Time Sense, allowing them to remember retconned timelines and alternate realities. These two characters, Isamy and Protheus Maximus, would both be Omni Planeswalkers once I manage to figure out flipping effects for the pair...the question then becomes why is Gemini listed on the card as well. Well, unlike his 'light' counterpart, Gemini has more of a 'Reality Sense', where he's aware of possible events that may have occured or have occured on realms Neos has never been to. This may stem from the fact that Gemini doesn't limit his Aura Manipulation abilities to his own aura and life force, like Neos does.

[spoiler=Isamy Maximus]IsamyMaximus_zps7a59db1c.jpg[/spoiler]And Isamy has arrived! Though she currently has no appearance in the final Arc of the GCRP, she was a key character that may the journey that is the huge roleplay possible. For those who might have scratched their head as to why her Planeswalker Type is 'Omni' instead of 'Isamy', she and another being cannot exist in the same timeline at once, which is represented by her and another soon-to-be-cardified character having the same Planeswalker type.

This one's another form of spoiler, one whom his creator suggested all the effects for, but his creator is not exactly quiet about him with among the GCRP Skype chat. But for now...I introduce on Broken's behalf...

[spoiler=The Crasher]TheCrasher_zps1828e27c.jpg[/spoiler]

Now...this last one is a bit of a spoiler in its own right regarding something I planned to happen to one of my characters...if you're part of the GCRP, this is one card I ask you don't look at. If you're not and want to help better it, PM me the suggested improvements.

[spoiler=Are you sure?][spoiler=Are you positive you wanna see?][spoiler=If you peek and are part of the GCRP, other than Merciful Idiot, since he's the GM, I have every right to be mad at you.][spoiler=...fine. Here's Jace, the Damaged Spark / Jace, the Reforged Spark]JacetheDamagedSpark_zps97ad63ea.jpg

For those who most-likely asked what the HELL turns Jace chromatic in the paths, if things go the way I planned, Jace winds up with his mind almost completely-wiped to the point that he's back to infant mentality before winding up landing deep within the waters of the lake in Remembrance. No one goes diving after him because Neos' Aura Sight is fooled by the lake and winds up having the Ditto see Jace's Spark and Aura fade into black. After a few seconds, as Jace's mind begins to reforge itself in the waters, a unique orb in Neos' posession begins to glow before he pulls it out of his jacket. The orb, which was created from 5 Plates from the shard of Arceus left behind in the Death path, bursts into those five Plates (Water/Wind/Ice/Psychic/Fairy) before diving down toward the mindmage, whom is suffocating at this point. As the energies merge with Jace and both temporarily give him the ability to breath underwater and restored the damage done to the Spark, the Guildpact enchantment on him started acting as a magnet for the other four colors of mana, which caused some Red Mana to flow from Chandra as well as White, Green and (oddly enough) Black mana from Neos, and toward him. The other four colors infused into his Spark during the restoration, causing them to become a part of it. Blue is still his primary color, but he now has (minor) access to the other four. As for how the Spark became damaged to begin with, the poor guy was forced into a month-long sleep with unknown drugs being directly injected into him during it. These unknown drugs, plus lack of use of magic, started to slowly shrink down the size of the Spark, which winds up disconnecting him from his wind and water manipulation magics after waking up. Somthing I should point out is that due to his first ability, his colors actually change depending on what else is around him. If there is only black on your side on the field, he's mono-black. If you have only red and green, he becomes red and green. If you have all five colors out, he becomes chromatic and acts as if he is all five colors.[/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler]

Just some eterra for your cards

Evergreen keywords and mechanic keywords should be on seperate lines.

Transform keyword

should be "it gains haste until EoT" you dont need the "if summoned by this effect" line

Shifted Form Pigeot

You don't need the quotations around its name,

"~ can't be blocked by creatures with power greater than ~ toughness" would be the correct syntax

Shifted form Sneasel

"Whenever ~ blocks or becomes blocked by a creature, that creature doesn't untap during its controller's next untap step." The destroyed or regenerated part is redundant

Neos Rivetter

Keep each effect on a seperate line, Effects on the same line are technically part of the same trigger and that will cause problems

There is no standby phase in magic, The phases go Untap, Upkeep, Draw, Main 1, Combat, Main 2, End/Cleanup

"During each players upkeep, put a loyalty counter on each planeswalker.

The second effect doesn't really work with magic's rules since you cannot declare an attack against a creature. You could use something like "if a Jace planeswalker you control would take combat damage from a creature, prevent upto X damage"

Gemini Rivetter

Poisonus is a defunct mechanic, you could use infect which still gives you the wither effect but it does make the card a lot more powerful.

Jace, Shadow of the Mind

"The "Legend rule" does not apply to ~

When ~ enters the battlefield, if you control a Jace planeswalker, ~ starting loyalty becomes 5

0- Target player puts the top 10 cards of their library into their graveyard then draws a card

Path of Remeberance

"Once per turn, you may exile a card in your graveyard, it gains suspend 2, any player may activate this ability" The instant or sorcery replacement effect is a bit akward, im trying to think of a way to word it so it works but nothing is coming to mind

Path of Truth - Dark

"this card cannot be cast unless you control Path of Truth - Light

"During each combat phase ~ becomes a X/X colorless Golem Enchantment Creature with Defender Indestructable and Whenever ~ is dealt damage, it deals that much damage to target player, where X is equal to target opponents life.

Path of Death

"When ~ enters the battlefield all creatures gain Wither and Posionus 1, If a creature has Posionus 1 it gains posionus X instead where X is its posionus value plus one

When ~ Enters the Battlefield all creatures lose infect, any creature that loses infect this way gains Posionus X instead where X is that creatures power"

(That one was tricky, the ETB triggers are the only way to make it work properly)

Archived