[CFX] FFA Placement Match

Night

Which team has the best piece?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Which team has the best piece?

Nw_CFXmatch2.png

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Team 1 - LhOpgqZ.png

Team 2 - v7_Frontiers.png

Team 3 - 29eiqns.png

Team 4 - Rk66leu.png

Participants are:

Team Samurai - Smear x Rai

Team Nightmare - Night x Tormented

Team C.R.E.A.M - Ali x Madsen

Team CatDog - Catman x Dae

This is a collaboration based tagging tournament in which teams of two will put their graphic design and collaborative skills to the test in order to earn a prestigious award to showcase under their avatars for a shit ton of e-peen points.

This particular match is a free-for-all in order to decide how each team will place in the CFX tournament bracket.

Tournament bracket.

The seats are subject to change, this placement match is to determine said seats.

Voting rules:

• Anyone can vote, you don't need any graphic design knowledge to do so, critique and analysis is appreciated but not a must, comments of any sort are favorable.
• If your team submitted a piece you may not vote for it, you must still vote however.
• Bribing or informing others of which submission is yours is not permitted and if found doing so, you will be banned from the graphic competitions section.

Voting ends 12/21 at 11:59PM GMT -5. 

Good luck to all 4 teams.

I really liked 2, because the atmosphere and lighting are beyond sublime, but it's kinda crowded. No real focals to anchor onto.

3 has a gorgeous sense of looseness though. Voting for that. Lots of nice circular flow, and the colour usage is bold. Very pop arty.

Oh I should say why I voted. Well, don't know much about art. But anyway. Almost voted 2, because I liked the feel of it, though it seems...idk, there's just a lot there and it seemed a bit scattered.

But I really like how the colors of 3 looks. Also going from left to right and seeing more and more stuff was nice. If...that makes any sense.

Er. Yeah, I don't know what I'm talking about but I liked 3 most is what I'm saying.

1) is alright, I mean I like what people are going for but it's just kinda of not quite there, I think it needed more strong gmaps

2) Honestly think it needed more cleaning up and a little more playing around with lighting.

3) I kinda expected more from it, It's a decent piece but like there doesn't seem to be too much to it and I feel like some of the basics are a little hit and miss, it just seems a bit mad

4) is like-Interesting but there really doesn't feel like there is much depth and there just doesn't feel that there is much to it

1 gets my vote on the sole basis of having a nice concept and nice depth.

Alright so in conclusion the seeds are as follows:

1st seed - Team C.R.E.A.M w/ piece #3

2nd seed - Team Nightmare w/ piece #2

3rd seed - Team Samurai w/ piece #1

4th seed - Team CatDog w/ piece #4

So top seed will play against the bottom seed, and the two middle seeds will play against one another in the following week(s).

The tournament page has been updated if you want to see it visually. 

I'll be updating the CFX discussion thread with the dates of when each team will play.

And of course, props to Ali and Madsen for the win, well deserved. 

Archived