Super Showdown Society (closed)

Count me in on whatever you're planning. That 3-Type-Thingy sounds interesting, as it requires you to think a lot in order to make a well-rounded Team with as little weaknesses as possible. I'm thinking about something like Fairy+Steel+Something, as it's obv amazing synergy. How would dual-types be handled? Do both types count or only the primary ones?

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Count me in on whatever you're planning. That 3-Type-Thingy sounds interesting, as it requires you to think a lot in order to make a well-rounded Team with as little weaknesses as possible. I'm thinking about something like Fairy+Steel+Something, as it's obv amazing synergy. How would dual-types be handled? Do both types count or only the primary ones?

I think we'll have to let both types count, cause otherwise it's far too limiting I think. Course that could be fun too, but probably for the best if not.

Will post rules and stuff soon.

Can we ban mega kyogre from this tourney?

I'm playing in free battles on my DS and it is literally sweeping teams of solid OU/Uber pokemon row after row.

Also, what format is this tri-thingy? Are Ubers like kyogre even allowed? Could we have it with gym leader rules so that you can have 1 legendary and 1 Uber on each team?

I'm playing in free battles on my DS and it is literally sweeping teams of solid OU/Uber pokemon row after row.

Also, what format is this tri-thingy? Are Ubers like kyogre even allowed? Could we have it with gym leader rules so that you can have 1 legendary and 1 Uber on each team?

This'll be standard OU list (I assume, anyway), so not only is Kyogre banned but every cover legend other than Kyurem-B as well as a decent amount of other mons banned from OU.

This'll be standard OU list (I assume, anyway), so not only is Kyogre banned but every cover legend other than Kyurem-B as well as a decent amount of other mons banned from OU.

Ahh cool, Kyogre Alpha form is so unfair because of how it can make use of it's weather condition way better than any other pokemon because of things like Thunder and a big chunky body with a huuuuuge Spatk stat.

Ahh cool, Kyogre Alpha form is so unfair because of how it can make use of it's weather condition way better than any other pokemon because of things like Thunder and a big chunky body with a huuuuuge Spatk stat.

Even worse before Primal Groudon came along everyone playing Ubers had to deal with ridiculously powerful Water Spout from choice scarf Kyogre. Kyogre is... very good

Well as it seems I have your attention. XD Time to post da rulez

[spoiler=SSS Tri-Type Tournament]

[spoiler=Rules]
1.) All teams must be OU teams. This means nothing above the OU tier, basically no Ubers.

2.) Here's where it gets weird. Once you send in the points for sign-up, you can post here saying what three types you want.

3.) You must only use Pokemon that their typing includes at least one of the three types you picked.

4.) You cannot choose more than 2 of the same type as anyone else. If someone takes the three-type combo you want then you're out of luck.

5.) Tournament will be double elimination bracket tournament. And the matchups will be determined once the sign ups end.

6.) You are allowed to change up to three Pokemon on your team between rounds.

[spoiler=Points]Fee will be 250 points, to be sent to me upon sign-up. I will add 1000 points myself.

[spoiler=Prizes]1st place-60% of Pot

2nd place-30% of Pot

3rd place-10% of Pot

[spoiler=Current Pot]2750 Points

[spoiler=Participants]
1.) Lord CowCow (Electric/Poison/Steel)
2.) UnendingEmpire (Dragon/Water/Rock)
3.) Azure Wolf (Fire/Ice/Rock)
4.) Hydreigon (Fairy/Fighting/Steel)

5.) Sir Rooster (Fighting/Fire/Steel)

6.) TheLocalSpinda (Normal/Grass/Flying)

7.) Self-Destruct Button (Fairy/Steel/Water)

8.) Mirei Minami Toudou (Dark/Poison/Steel)

[spoiler=Sign-up]Sign-ups will last 5 days (Last day, 15th) Maybe more/less depending on interest. Must post here saying you wish to join.

You won't be accepted until you send the 250 points to me.

I want in 

YCM username: Hydreigonâ„¢

Pokemon Showdown username: Zachandstuff

Favorite tier: RU

Favorite type: Psychic

welcome aboard! Be careful UE doesn't try and catch you.

Also heh, Hydreigon's favorite type is Psychic.

If you want in on the tournament let me know~

Oh yeah, I forgot to say that I am an absolute n00b at this .3.

Dats okay, you can learn. If there's anything you're curious about you can ask me. I know...some stuff. ^^;

Points donated, going to be using Fire, Ice, Rock.

Yaaaay, you're in. Now gotta get everyone else to join, I know there's at least 4 who were interested....

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-224634953

not only is this a little preview of what my team looks like, but oh my god that Outrage was absolute bullshit.  I love you so much Haxorus.

You got so lucky with confusion. :o Though honestly you probably would've had it anyway.'

Dayum Tyrantrum one-shotting Ferothorn. Even with a 4X move that's impressive. I totally expected a Band (and by the dude's switch in so did he)

I'm shocked Noivern didn't outspeed. Must be Modest?

Only shot you had at that point was if Reuiniclous had Trick Room. Though I have the suspicious Assault Vest.

Apparently gotta make sure to have enough speed to deal with Serperior in that tier...ooooh. maybe a Pokemon with Red Card could halt it...hmm.

Interesting...so basically we pick three types of our choice and make a team out of it, correct?

All of you seemed to be interested in joining but didn't say anything. Wondering what y'all thoughts were.

Even you Spinda, despite not being in the club officially. XD (Though you could join ya know. :3 )

Archived