Suggestion :3

WolvenDoom

Vote plz  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Partition

• YCM Should Have This
    • No Point
    • This will make YCM worse

Chatroom has been a topic discussed on YCM mannyyyy times, and every single time it has been rejected, so there's no point in asking for this. The status feed has enough of the features that you'd use a chatroom for anyway. And if you're talking about an Instant Messaging thing (like how facebook has to chat to friends) then I made a suggestion a while ago about this. While it was all round more liked than the chatroom idea, but the PM system works well enough, so it was still rejected.

While this would be a bit of fun, it'll just turn into a spamfest of pointless crap that YCM doesn't need. It'll make the mods job harder (looking out for spammers/bots/nsfw links and such) and we already have the Status Bar / PM system for that so there's really no need.

Its either, YCM should have this, or No Point, because i dont think it would make anything worse. On the upside it would make it more fun to stay on the site instead of leaving to go onto different tabs, all-in-all maybe making the site's activity go up?

I dont know that just my thoughts.

I've been on a forum with a chat, and that just turned into a spamfest and created more work for mods than was necessary. Nothing also to stop a member during downtime just turning on a mod. (I had that before, but that forum was less active). We have outside chat sources such as Skype, etc, so it would probably be easily to do that or just pm each other. 

Definitely a no support from me.

A live chat pretty much reduces the activity in the forum itself significantly. For example, one of the reasons the RP OOC section is less active than before is due to most of the discussion that used to happen there moved on to Skype. If we have a chat function implemented in the forum itself, it'll pretty much make that happen to the entirety of the forum.

Archived