Icy Movie Reviews and Concepts

Cierfrost

At the suggestion of Armz, I will start this since my love of film is one of my least talked about subject 

despite watching quite a few movies. My main sources are usually Netflix and Redbox like any normal

person over the age of 18. Sometimes I'll go to the theaters/cinema to watch something but the prices... yuck.

But to prevent the intro from dragging on further. here we go. (First few posts will be regarding Movies).

aGpSW0V.png

F.A.R.T.S: Frequently Assumed Rhetorical Topic Statements

Favorite and Least Favorite Genres of Film.

Experimental, Science Fiction, and Romance. I tend to generally avoid period pieces or generic fantasy. 

A short personal list of favorite films.

• The Man from Earth (2007)
  • The Man Who Fell to Earth (1976)
  • Show Me Love (1998)
  • The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951)
  • 200 Pounds Beauty (2006)
  • John Dies at the End (2012)
  • Primer (2004)

... to make a short list. 

General way I view a film. 

1. Meeting its own expectations (will be elaborated in reviews)
  2. Following its own rules
  3. Content suiting target audience if there is one

Provided it does all 3, I will generally consider the movie a solid or watchable film and recommend it for

people who are at the very least looking for something to watch and wet their movie whistle. However

at no point will I give a scoring system. Some people even like films that have won all the razzies. Taste

should not be scored or judged when it is subject of entertainment. 

Required IMDB/Wiki Links will be given at a later date likely after I type up my first review which will be of Clive Barker's Nightbreed come morning.

NIGHTBREED

220px-Nightbreedposter.jpg

I started watching this on Netflix a week back and I wanted it to be good, oh I wanted it to be good.

The general atmosphere of this movie is on point, and the special effects are way better than anything

within the last year or so. So it holds up greatly in the art department some 20 years later. But sadly

thats where it stops and gives you a straight 90 degree drop. 

A lot of it has to do with the acting quite honestly. I've seen more emotion come out of Keanu Reeves

playing Klaatu in The Day the Earth Stood Still (2008) Remake. The main character sets himself up

to be quite the tormented fellow, haunted even. Yet he makes it sound dreadful at not at all like you'd

expect him to. The police officers, the girlfriend, everyone. You would honestly have more character

reading aloud the plot synopsis in your head. 

The few characters that do have some semblance of a personality peeking through the cardboard cutouts

this movie dares to call actors barely get any lines at all one of which is a little child and another a literal

statue. Whatever intrigue you get from what could have been a plot just isnt there. Luckily however it is

about as deep as any standard 70's horror flick despite coming out in 1990 so paying attention every now

and then, especially towards the priest who's supposed to be a drunk bastard but really isnt even seen with

a bottle contains all you need to care about any character... just dont pay attention to him near the very end.

Would I recommend it?

*Not one bit. And while I cannot say for sure on the original novella, all you're going to get out of this "film" is

some ideas for artistry. All of which can be gotten through any image or youtube clip. Stay away from this one

and if you're at all interested read the novel or wikipedia page.

Archived