[Archetype Support] Zera and the Archlords

Love of Ghibli

So I am a die hard fairy user and I decided that since in the tournament I noticed how my line of thinking was wrong I chose to pick up something I wanted to do for a long time. ARCHLORD SUPPORT and support for the Zerato seeing as I used to use that deck back in the day.

Having said that I thought it was funny that Zerato exist and Angel of Zera exist so I chose to make one for all of the different kinds (bar pendulums because I suck at using templates).

So here they are :

[spoiler: Main Deck Monsters]

[spoiler: Domini]

t0Pc9Jx.jpg

If your opponent controls more monsters than you do you can send this monster from your hand to the graveyard to Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower LIGHT Fairy-type monster from your graveyard or banished zone. If "Sanctuary in the Sky" is on the field you can Special Summon any LIGHT Fairy-type monster instead.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler: Warrior]

lW7uQv9.jpg

This monster's name is always treated as "Warrior of Zera." When this monster is Special Summoned by the effect of a Fairy-type monster: You can search your deck for up to 1 "Archlord Zerato" card and add it to your hand. If "Sanctuary in the Sky" is on the field you can search your deck for any Level 8 Fairy-type monster and it to your hand instead.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler: Messenger]

gauGjP5.jpg

When this monster is destroyed (by card effect or by battle) and sent to the graveyard: Special Summon one LIGHT Fairy-type monster from your Deck with less than 1500 DEF. You can only use the effect of "Zera's Messenger" once per turn.

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler: Ritual]

[spoiler: Monster]

jrMopow.jpg

This monster can only be Ritual Summoned with the Ritual Spell "Order My Steps." When this monster is Ritual Summoned add the monster(s) used as tribute from your Graveyard or Banished Zone back to your hand. Once per turn you can send 1 monster from your hand to your Graveyard to target 1 LIGHT Fairy-type monster in your Graveyard or Banished Zone and add it to your hand. If "Sanctuary in the Sky" is on the field you can Special Summon the targeted monster instead.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler: Spell]

ymH7p2k.jpg

This card is used to Ritual Summon "Apotheosis of Arclords: Zera". You must also Tribute monsters from your hand or field whose total Levels equal 8 or more. You can send this card and 1 LIGHT Fairy-type monster from your hand to the graveyard to add 1 "Archlord" monster from your deck to your hand. If "Sanctuary in the Sky" is on the field you can banish this card from your Graveyard along with 1 "Archlord" monster to Ritual Summon one "Apotheosis of Archlords: Zera" from your hand. 

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[Spoiler: Fusion]

G6STH26.jpg

1 Level 8 Fairy-type Monster + 1 LIGHT Fairy-type monster
As long as this monster is on the field Fairy-type monsters you control are unaffected by non Fairy-type card effects that do not target.
[/spoiler]

[Spoiler: Xyz]
s8BBpKO.jpg
2 Level 8 Monsters
This monster gains 100 ATK for each LIGHT Fairy-type monster in your graveyard. Once per turn you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card to Special Summon one of your banished LIGHT Fairy-type monsters. This card cannot attack during the turn you use this effect.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler: Spell support]

[spoiler: Sanctuary]
VSjnMer.jpg
This cards name is treated as "Sanctuary in the Sky." You may activate one of the following effects once per turn:
*You may Special Summon one Fairy-type monster from your hand whose level is equal to the level of a fairy monster on your side of the field regardless of summoning conditions.
*When a Fairy-type monster you control activates its effect you may Special Summon one fairy monster from you deck equal to that fairy's level regardless of summoning conditions. If you do you cannot Special Summon or conduct your Battle Phase for the rest of the turn.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler: Medium of Exchange]
0kL1R13.jpg
Once per turn you can activate one of the following effects.
* Discard 1 card: Send the appropriate Fusion Material monsters from your hand or side of the field to the Graveyard or Banisehd Zone to Fusion Summon 1 LIGHT Fairy-type Fusion monster from your Extra Deck.
*Target 1 LIGHT Fairy-type monster you control: until the end of the turn it is treated as a Tuner monster.
* Target 1 LIGHT Fairy-type monster you control, then declare a Level 1 through 8. Till the end of the turn the targeted monster becomes the declared level.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler: New Valhalla]
rfoTVgz.jpg
Once per turn if you control no monsters you can send one LIGHT Fairy-type monster from your hand to the graveyard to Special Summon one LIGHT Fairy-type monster whose level is equal to or lower than the sent monster's from your deck. You cannot Special Summon any monsters other than LIGHT Fairy-type monsters the turn use this effect. If you control "Sanctuary in the Sky" then this card cannot be removed from the field or its effect be negated.
[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

• 2 weeks later...

Slight Edits were made.

Throne and Avatar now have the added word "always" so they can truly be used as a replacement for their lack luster counterparts.

Gathering now says where to send the fusion material and have given it the option of banishing the material as a way to make Light of Zera more useful.

Stairway to Heaven now mentions that the intended Special Summon comes from the Deck.

• 3 weeks later...

Bumping because I am heavily considering editing Avatar to search for any "Zera" card as his regular searching effect. This will now allow him to search the Zeradias and the Ritual monster. Granted he goes from searching 1 fairy to 3...but I wonder if that boost in consistency is not the best of thoughts. Especially since it may go against the initial flavor of the card.

These cards are okay. I like Domini, and Messenger's effect as another kinda Nova Summoner is alright too I guess. New Valhalla doesn't specify location. I feel like this deck would just become Superbia / Rank 8 spam though ... that basically involves beating your opponent repeatedly in the face.

No removal OP. It's a bunch of decent support, nothing overwhelming. A bit over the place in terms of theme though ... like you have a Fusion, and a Ritual, and an Xyz. Which is not unacceptable, but a little bit unfocused.

These cards are okay. I like Domini, and Messenger's effect as another kinda Nova Summoner is alright too I guess. New Valhalla doesn't specify location. I feel like this deck would just become Superbia / Rank 8 spam though ... that basically involves beating your opponent repeatedly in the face.

No removal OP. It's a bunch of decent support, nothing overwhelming. A bit over the place in terms of theme though ... like you have a Fusion, and a Ritual, and an Xyz. Which is not unacceptable, but a little bit unfocused.

New Valhalla is supposed to come from the deck (I thought that I edited that) and not the graveyard. That way it wouldn't really be Rank 8 spam. At it's core it a new slightly more consistent  take on Boss fairies just letting Zerato be useable.

The theme, as I stated in the beginning, is supposed to be a play on the fact that Archlord Zerato is both an Effect monster and a Synchro (Angel of Zera). Therefore I decided to actually continue the Zera trend and make a ritual, xyz, and Fusion.

Well.

Avatar -> Superbia. Stairway -> Athena -> Superbia. Throne-Room -> Superbia. Yeah you get the idea.

While a little awkward with some of your support (given Superbia is DARK), this deck nevertheless seems like it would do better than its intended purpose with becoming Superbia: The Deck: The Movie: The Ride. Because hey free cards why not. Archlord Kristya, Trade In, Advance Draw, and such also seem super good here. Add a BLS to taste.

Mostly because imo Superbia is one of the best Fairy cards to fetch aside from Kristya.

Archived