Perfect World [OOC]

Aix

[hr]

PerfectWorld_zps65b2d412.png

[hr]Opening: Nevereverland
Ending: Strangers
[hr]Our story begins with three people across dimensions, unified in prayer, hoping for a Perfect World. They are sent to another world with the sole instructions that if they wish for a Perfect World, they must shape it so themselves. What strange adventures will this group have? Will their dreams be realized? What is a truly Perfect World?
[hr]
[spoiler=Rules]Standard Rules and shit apply. No godmodding, no powerplayer, no metagaming, yada, yada.[/spoiler]
[hr]
[spoiler=Interest Check Stuff][hr]

[glow=pink]PERFECT WORLD[/glow]

[hr]"I wish I lived in a perfect world."

These sentiments resonate across dimensions. The one-in-a-centillion miracle occurs as souls across world lines come in perfect sync, and in being so, their unified prayers are heard.

"A perfect world doesn't exist, if you wish to live in such a world, make it yourself!"

From a place beyond worlds, a voice echoes. A prismatic light flashes as everything changes.

Wake, oh dreamer, in a place where your dreams shall come true.[hr]
You come from another world. Any world, but an imperfect world. A flawed world where you just want to leave. And you did. Perhaps you still have some regrets about leaving your old world behind, but it's too late now. You have arrived in a fantasy world with up to 2 other people who share your sentiments of wanting a perfect world. You are each given a magical power that gives you an advantage over the natives of this world, however, there is a catch. You cannot leave a 100-meter proximity of your fellows, and your full potential is only unleashed when your powers are used together.

The specific details of the world as well as the powers will be decided together once everyone is accepted, though I do have an idea of what sort of things I want.
[hr]This is a Limited Acceptance roleplay where I will be accepting 1-2 other people in a very tight nit roleplaying experience. Unlike other Limited Acceptance RPs, I am going to choose with extreme prejudice who I want to RP with, this means it is likely I'll just pick my friends, though if I am not familiar with you, you may create a character and do whatever in an attempt to convince me that it would be worth my time to write with you. I welcome newcomers who want to get into the RP community. It is preferred if you have Skype, we are more likely to use that than this OOC.[hr][/spoiler]
[hr]

It's been a long long time since I've done something so abstract, but I am very keen to the idea. Character-based RPs are rare enough as it is, and this idea can explore a lot. Please consider me! 

I can do an app easily enough as well and quickly if you decide to place out more information or an example. 

Okeyyy, more information. It's just a Other World story, where you can come from any sort of world of your devising. You don't have to flesh out this origin world much, I'd let you invent details on the spot if needed, because we're probably not going back. I originally thought to make it only from our world, but I decided to spice it up more by allowing other worlds, sort of like the anime/light novels Problem Children Are Coming From Another World Aren't They?.

As for what sort of character you can make, well he/she'd obviously have to had the sentiment of wanting a perfect world at some point, even if it was just a passing whim. Abilities-wise, if you already have some sort of magical power from your origin, you won't have another special ability given to you by Mr. God Man (not official name). Decide what sort of special ability you'd want, perhaps like transmuting lead into gold or something that would be exploitable in a fantasy world without being too overpowered because that'd be no fun.

Posting mild interest. It would be more intense but I am completely willing to defer to more preferential players (given the statements in the OP), and will only engage after such picks have been made.

I've actually always wanted to do smaller RPs because of their tendency to die if they have a larger list of players (organizational / motivational factors being two of the most egregious offenders). Limited Acceptance resembles a collab writing project far more, which I really like, so if they are an authorized format I will likely put one of these up in the near-ish future.

Alright, I'll bite with a request for a couple more specifics. Are there outlines of the preferred general original aesthetic / time period? How extraplanar are we talking about here? Do you even have to be human or does the society you're coming from bear at least a passing resemblance to anthropological ones?

Tossing a couple ideas around in my head, so more information = more compatibility, et cetera.

Alright, I'll bite with a request for a couple more specifics. Are there outlines of the preferred general original aesthetic / time period? How extraplanar are we talking about here? Do you even have to be human or does the society you're coming from bear at least a passing resemblance to anthropological ones?

Tossing a couple ideas around in my head, so more information = more compatibility, et cetera.

I'd prefer anthropological ones. The world that you come from can be as colourful as you want. The specifics of the world we are going to is going to be decided by consensus of all accepted parties.

Setting up camp for proposed character. Profile to be fleshed out mostly with point-form material soonish.

---

how did this break what a travesty

明界 創赦

遠い記憶に導かれるように
この世界が共鳴して

Personality:

Straightforward and concise, although it's not the result of any personality defect but rather the environment he was raised in (he's not actually incapable of speaking more, and will do so if requested - it's mostly preferential). Very candid; verbally polite but expresses sentiments completely unironically and without regard to possible consequence. Lacks social delicacy.

Singleminded about pursuits. A little slow on the uptake regarding finer perception of emotions; keen to take notice more obvious occurrences of such and is a fan of active inquiry. Extremely curious only about a narrow subset of things & people. Doesn't hide mood shifts, but facial expression and body language are relatively minute / more difficult to perceive.

Something of a stoic, although not to the extent of actual adherents; endures negatives exceptionally well and isn't fixated on the enjoyment of the reverse. Pragmatic, and so finds it a little difficult to wrap mind around the concept of what -would- be a satisfactorily perfect world (likely requires some guidance from companions - perspective-based perfection? whose?).

Disposition: Calm. Moodiness: Phlegmatic. Closet optimist. Conscientious. Inflexible but mostly lukewarm. Reserved and agreeable. Conventional.

Background:

Comes from a world with muted tones; taken to this world by thoughts of more vividness. Comes from family of boundary keepers. Parents are deceased; raised by grandfather. Has a few (2-3) close friends but mostly led a cloistered existence. Attended educational institution, but clear understanding of ultimate responsibility, i.e. propagation of bloodline and maintenance of role. Understandably a little frustrated by the sudden displacement into the foreign world.

a bit meatier material inc I guess

Abilities:

Okay martial skill (mostly just exercise / instinctive, but some technical). Decent magical skill, mostly involving geomancy-esque stuff (magic formations, time and material components) because straight-up unlimited wizardry would be pretty abusable unless wizards are commonplace, which is /really/ unlikely.

Looking through what I got, I'm going to make the decision and accept Cirrus and Raine into this RP.

Cirrus, I'd like your character's name in romaji please, I can't read moon runes. Raine, you told me about your character on Skype, but please post him here for reference and also use a visual aid or a description for him please. I'll have my character up shortly as well.

It's time we outlined this RP. I'd prefer discussing this stuff in a group chat on Skype, but I'll post the discussion topics here for reference.

1. Is there anything in particularly you would like to see or do in this RP?
  2. Should this RP be something more darker or serious, or something somewhat more fun and lighthearted? I'd probably prefer the latter, but I'm actually fine with either.
  3. Would you prefer sandbox, characters pushing the plot, or me guiding a plot along?
  4. I'll create a Google Doc for an ideas and world database thing. If there is anything you want, discuss it and add it to the Doc.
  5. Where should we start in this RP? Suddenly appearing dramatically in a grand city? Appearing in a mysterious cave or ruin? Appearing at a very typical fantasy village?

Alyna Danesti

Hailing from a futuristic, totalitarian world controlled by fascist vampires, Alyna was a human who ascended to vampirism and became an idol and figurehead of the state. Her beauty and charm brainwashed the masses, and she became the lead example of a human who "worked hard" enough to become one of the immortal elite. However, even as an elite, there was no end to her workload, and Alyna wished for a world where she would never have to exert herself again.

Outwardly, Alyna is the paragon of elegance and charm. She was conditioned since a young age to be a perfect girl in the eye of the public, but in her private life, she's an utter slob. Her life of unending work has worn her thin, and she would like nothing more than to lie around all day. Spoiled by her elevated status, she indulges herself whenever she gets the opportunity, drinking and fooling around to great excesses. A complete hedonist, she acts only for her own interests as her experience in such an oppressive and unfair world has long jaded her to the suffering of others.

Standing at 165 cm and weighing around 100 lbs, Alyna is of a very average height, but she is very slender, and beautiful even among the fair vampire race. Her hair is an unnatural dark lime colour, and her eyes are red like the rest of her kind. She has enhanced senses and strength, but no actual combat ability. She also knows nothing of breaking into people's homes or hunting for blood.

However, Alyna is quite capable of making do with her charms and intelligence. She has superb acting skills which placed her quite close to many high-ranking vampire officials and her abilities of perception and improvisation make her highly adaptable to any environment. The only thing that may hold her back is her sloth. Now that she finds herself in a new world free of her prior obligations, Alyna intends to simply live life to the fullest.

I'll be honest, I've never done this before so it's just kind of an immitation of you two's super fancy amazing applications. It got so bad, i couldn't even fit most of it on there. So I'm posting an original with it. ...seriously, incredible incredible stuff you two. I'm trying to fake it until I make it.

QFLUiMO.png

[spoiler=Pyral Howe]

Name: Pyral Howe

Personality: Pyral is a pragmatic and charismatic man of a virtuous but brutal mindset who asserts his own aggressiveness and ambition to persuade others to his cause. He constantly seeks to help the greatest number of people even at the greater expense of the few under the ideals of optimism and is quick to justify the actions of shift justice and dynamic changes under this personal philosophy. In dealing with others, he values the individual merits and ability of others in their field and is willing to overlook insult or personal flaw in exchange for professional relationships. However, Pyral is quick to accept friendship as the dominate partner and rewards loyalty and utility with growing bonds of trust but find himself distanced between people who are idealistic of any alignment or too indecisive. Pyral’s royal education shines through his interest and appreciation of others, finding great value in the arts and sciences as innovations to humanity, which blossomed in his later years in dependence of any alternative.

Biography: Pyral was born the 4th son of a king who ruled the vast plains of a dying world. The world to which King-Son Howe was born was nearing the end even then; the planet was orbiting a red giant star and subject to the decay of their sun which darken the sky to a burnt red in the day and began a terrible cycle of global warming. Humans, however, are blind to the grander concerns when their lives revolve around themselves. Pyral’s father, the lord of the Hinterlands commanded a vast horde of horsemen and peasant armies that yearned for the vast riches and green lands of their neighbor nation. For centuries, their ambitions have been fruitless and at worst, self-destructive because their enemy has never been a weak adversary but instead, a terrible empire who ruled by the seas and conquered their primary foes long ago bathing themselves in plundered gold and fertile soil. But a dying world is cruel to great ambitions, the rising temperatures and foreboding doom cast a shadow of discontent and rebellion that crippled it and spelled a ripe time for King-Son Howe’s father to march. Pyral led his father’s armies across the rumored lands of milk and honey and found lands torn by starvation and neglect from their capital who inherited them. The empire had fallen into chaos and decay. Even after arriving his armies at the great capital, it was engulfed in flames and thrown into riot by its very citizens desperate to escape hunger and death in a land that could no long support their vanity. Pyral was disgusted and disturbed to find what the world had been doing to the land and its people; instead of celebrating success and conquest, he found his nights sleepless that they had gained the same plagued land that would destroy his home’s nation. He approached his father and expressed his concerns but was greeted with dismissal by a king drunk with his own triumph and new wealth. Corruption and personal greed, Pyral blamed these for the falling of the regions great superpower and he saw them mimicked by his father. He would not accept such a fate. On the night of his return and his meeting with his father, Pyral slew his father drunk on wine while on his throne and established a coup. By slaying his rival heirs and killing or capturing the ambitious nobility, he promoted his new nation to serve the masses and the people at the expense of the old ways. He hoped that he could save his people this way. He hoped by ridding of vanity and protecting his people, he could survive his dying worlds maladies through consolidation and efficiency. He established a meritocracy of the peasantry to replace the old governance and began to see the old lands restore some of their vigor and production. However, there still wasn’t enough land, the other parasite nations had laid claims of occupation through the remainder of the old empire, King Pyral would once again assert his authority and spread his ideals and governance to save as many as he could. 20 years. King Pyral would launch 20 years of brutal campaigns of raze and rebuild to extend his new nations reach and eliminate the parasitic nobilities and vanities that stole and killing their people. However, his efforts were in vain. His campaigns and government gave the people a decade of prosperity, peace, and plenty but the actions of one man despite how great is no match for the efforts of nature. The temperature increased continuously and every year more and more harvests failed, and the years for his nation became darker, so Pyral fought harder. He failed, on arrival to his own capital after his last campaign to unite the continent, he was greeted to déjà vu and smell of death as his city went up in fire and smoke in the same panic and starvation that he saw 20 years prior. He had failed. King Pyral sat on his throne, surrounded by the corpses of his advisors and trusted allies who died in the ransacking, and cried. He howled and beat his fists into metal and stone in a berserk rage that consumed him to his bones. Everything he did, everything he tried to prevent came true. All the lives lost in his wars and lives his took himself to save more, it had come to nothing. With bloodied fists and broken soul, Pyral prayed. He prayed in all his desperation, to live in a world without this, where it could have been saved. A perfect world. 

[/spoiler]

Archived