[Written] Qhliphernoid Attondhelix

Darj

The card's concept began as a joke: I mentioned that I disliked when players made entire archetypes immune to certain mechanic (Traps, bouncing, etc.) when at the same time a player was joking on how I had insulted "El-Shaddoll Nephilim" and deserved to be punished by her, and he came up with a monster whose name had my username and implied that it was cursed/punished by Nephilim, while carrying an effect that negated said protection effects. We continued with the jokes and suggested to make a Qliphort/Infernoid hybrid because of their alleged relationship with Shaddolls/Nephilim.

However, I noticed it had potential to become a realistic card and decided to take it seriously.

A couple of hours later, this is the result:

Qhliphernoid Attondhelix

OCG: Qliphernoid Adrenomelech
Attribute: FIRE
Type: Machine/Effect
ATK: 1800
DEF: 0

Appearance: Infernoid Adramelech wearing fragments of Genome/Helix as armor. Those fragments resemble the helix structure of, well, Helix.
2 Level 4 monsters
Opponent's card effects that make cards (including themselves) become unaffected or un-targetable or unaffected by card effects, or prevent them from being destroyed (either by battle or by card effect), are negated. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, then target 1 monster in either player's Graveyard; equip that target to this card. This card gains 600 ATK while equipped with a monster(s) by this effect. If this card would be destroyed while equipped with a card by this effect, you can banish 1 of those cards instead. While this card has no Xyz Materials, it gains 400 ATK.

In short it is a card that nullifies the effects that turn cards unaffected or un-targetable by card effects, such as Yazi, Forbidden Lance, Safe Zone, Traptrix, etc. Despite said effect being situational, the monster makes itself useful by equipping a monster from the opponent grave to gain ATK and protect itself from destruction.

[spoiler=Flavor & Trivia]

- Basically, the card is a fusion of "Qliphort Helix" with the Infernoid it imprisoned, Adramelech/Attondel. Since Qliphorts are enormous compared to Infernoids (see Void Launch), a proper fusion would be impossible, and thus Adramelech instead wears pieces of Helix as armor.

- Has the same ATK as Helix when Summoned as a Level4, and the same DEF as Adramelech. Coincidentally, it has 1000 less ATK than Adramelech, and 1000 less DEF than Helix. With the boost from the second effect, its ATK becomes 2400, the same as Helix's original ATK. Finally, with both boosts stacked, its ATK becomes equal to Adramelech's.

- Had to resort to using "Qhli" in its card's name to disable it from getting "Qli" support.

- To be honest, I picked Helix/Adramelech because Helix is my favortie Qliphort art-wise, and I like how the name "Adramelech" sounds. Ideally, the "fusion" should be between Disk and Astaroth/Patrulea, since the latter is Level4.

- The equip effect is intended to be a reference to both Adramelech's banishing effect and the prison nature of Qliphorts: Instead of banishing the monster from the grave, the monster imprisons it.

[/spoiler]

EDIT log:

- Now it can only have 1 monster equipped to it at a time.

- Changed its name because it wasn't consistent: was merging a TCG name with an OCG one. Also added its potential OCG name.

- Edited the first effect to include negation on destruction immunity, and the second effect to gain 600 ATK while it is equipped with at least 1 monster.

- Added a +400 ATK boost while it has no materials. Also now it equips from either player's Graveyard to make the effect more live vs. Pendulum decks, or play around floater decks (e.g. Shaddolls).

Is this a Fusion Monster? I'm confused.

Anyways, I think that this card is pretty decent. This card is a card very splash-able in many anti-meta decks, and it can be really useful. It's also halfway a relinquished, but fortunately, it isn't limited to only one monster.

I think that you should make fun of more cards, just to make more cards that have that effect.

Assuming this card falls under the same logic as Jinzo vs Skill Drain... This having to race to the field first before other specific monsters do, would be a weird way to go about things. However, because it's a a generic Level 4, one of the easier ranks, it wouldn't be that hard to get it to the field in the first place.
It's an oddity of a card, really...

@Kokoakatsukami: It's an Yxz, but flavor-wise is a Fusion of Helix + Adramelech. Think of Evigishki Merrowgiest, Lavalval Chain, etc.

Assuming this card falls under the same logic as Jinzo vs Skill Drain... This having to race to the field first before other specific monsters do, would be a weird way to go about things. However, because it's a a generic Level 4, one of the easier ranks, it wouldn't be that hard to get it to the field in the first place.
It's an oddity of a card, really...

Yes. I suppose this would work similar to Skill Drain in that if this is on the field first, monsters that protect themselves from monster effects (e.g. Verz Thanatos) will have their effects negated.
(P.D. this thread was the reason I couldn't reply on DN on time. My apologies for that).

I love this! Infernoids FTW! 

Its stats could accelerate pretty quickly for a general Rank 4, I reckon it would pretty normally have 3000+ ATK after first using its effect and over 4000 if allowed to do so again. Perhaps if its absorption cost both its Xyz Materials (as per Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon which has a similar effect) it could be more balanced.

Granted, DRXD drains and comes with more ATK, but this would generally have a greater pool of targets to choose and can rob an opponent of a card that benefits from being in the Graveyard. This card's ATK boost also seems secondary with its negation effect being its main feature and this also gets an extra layer of protection from the equipped monster. 

You bring a good point: It can reach a really high ATK once it equips 2 materials. Yes, it would give up its negation effect but that doesn't really matter when you get a 4000+ ATK beater with protection against destruction. For now I will add a Relinquished clause that prevents it from equipping more than 1 monster at the same time.

Archived