Dragunity Support

Cryxok

Welcome to "Cryxok's New Support for Forgotten Decks"!
Episode I: Dragunity

Hi everyone! In this forums I intend to share cards I create to support decks with little support in an attempt to make them meta. My guidelines are simple, in order for me to tackle a given archetype it must have less than 25 monster members (Including Extra) and less than 40 cards overall. I'm limited with those same amounts, which means that if a given Archetype has 23 monster members (like the Dragunities I'm doing right now) I can only make 2 more. Also, I won't make more than 5 cards for any given deck. 

Once I choose the deck I want to support, I'll make cards with effects that seem "reasonably" good to me, while trying to fit into the Archetype's lore and playing style. I'll make some drawings myself, even tho I'm no artist I can make something look "decent" I think.

Today I'll show you my first set: Dragunities

Dragunities is one of my favorite archetypes and I fell in love with them as soon as I saw them. I used Dragunities for a long time and the prohibition of "Dragon Ravine" almost made me retire from the TCG. When they announced Divine Lance I was so excited for new support, imagine my disappointment when I saw that was the only new card. 

So my first set of cards (4 in fact) is meant to support them. I already have the 4 cards but I've only drawn Sjambok, I may draw the other 3 later on. Without further ado, here it is:

JkJ66QZ.jpg

Dragunity Sjambok
Wind/ Level 2
500/700
Dragon/Tuner
When this card is Normal Summoned: you can Special Summon 1 Winged Beast-Type "Dragunity" monster from your hand and equip this card to it as an Equip Card; the monster equipped with this card gains 500 ATK points. If this Equip Card equipped to a "Dragunity" Monster is Special Summoned: search your deck for 1 Winged Beast-Type "Dragunity" monster, add it to your Hand. 

To me, Dragunities main problem right now is that they can't search for their Winged Beast members easily. This monster can search for it's Winged Beasts companions but it has to be Special Summoned first. This not only prevents him from being OP but also encourages the use of other, usually overlooked, members like Dragunity Militum. 

siTljOs.jpg

Dragunity Proditor
Dark / Level 4
1700/1200
Winged Beast / Effect
When this card is Normal Summoned, you can send 1 Level 3 or lower Dragon-Type "Dragunity" monster from your deck to your Graveyard. Once per turn, you can discard 1 "Dragunity" monster from your hand; select 1 Level 3 or lower Dragon-Type "Dragunity" monster in your Graveyard and equip it as an Equip Card to this card. 

"Dragunities are in trouble. Some disappear every day, they are getting extinct. As if that wasn't enough, somehow, the all-mighty Dragon Rulers have come to the Dragon Ravine. Some think there is a betrayer, one that in his search for power tried to tame the Dragon Rulers." Proditor AKA The Betrayer. The drawing is "Ictinike", a demon from the SMT series. I think this guy is the one with the most potential. He speeds up the deck and can act as a Dux replacement as long as you have a "Dragunity" monster in hand. He is DARK instead of WIND because of his "betrayer" status, I'm thinking in turning it back to WIND but, as it is, allows us to run Dark Simorgh and/or Allure of Darkness. 

OSoZPK5.jpg

Dragunity Training Stronghold
Spell/Field
As long as this card is face-up on the field, "Dragunity" Monsters you control gain 400 ATK. Each time a non-tuner Dragon-type "Dragunity" Monster is Summoned: Search your deck for 1 Level 4 or lower "Dragunity" Monster, add it to your hand. 

XOaNBMr.jpg

Dragunity Breeding Program
Spell
When this card is activated: Special Summon as many "Dragunity" monsters from your Spell and Trap Cards Zone as possible. If you do, target as many Dragon-type "Dragunity" monsters in your Graveyard as Winged Beast-type "Dragunity" monsters you control. Equip them to your Winged Beast-type "Dragunity" monsters in any way you like. Winged Beast-type "Dragunity" monsters your control lose 400 ATK for each Equip card equipped to them until your opponent's next End Phase. 

"With the arrival of the Dragon Rulers, Dragunities had to leave their home at Dragon Ravine. They built a small stronghold and started intensive programs to increase their numbers and strength. Those strong enough to earn the "Knight" and "Arma" titles would have to train new recruits so they could join the army. Dragon-types would join the army as soon as they could fly and everyone would carry an egg to start training as soon as it hatched."

These are the 2 new spells. The Training Stronghold is meant to replace Dragon Ravine; it is not as good (I think) since Ravine could turn any dead draw into a good play whereas Stronghold needs you to do the good play first. The advantage Stronghold has over Ravine is that it's effect can be used more than once per turn and even in your opponent's turn if coupled with Call of the Haunted. The breeding program is kind of a wild card. It basically gives Phalanx's and Dux's effect to everyone. It allows for big plays but it also depends on when it is used. 

For more info on the other Dragunity cards:

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Dragunity

Possible build:

http://i.imgur.com/6NAL6ON.jpg

That's all for today.. Any kind of feedback (both on the effect and the drawing) is very welcome; I know the drawing looks too cartoon-ish but I'm only an amateur at digital art. Other decks I'd like to support after I finish with Dragunities are Aliens, Banish-Psychics, Toons, Wind-ups and Darklords; also wish to create an entirely new Archetype, but I'm still undecided on what. 

Thanks in advance for reading and any given feedback I get  :)

Archived