Gundam Reconguista in G

I'm very surprised that we don't have a thread for this show considering the number of gundam fans we have on this site. Especially considering its A. directed by the guy who created gundam and B. is supposed to  take place after the Universal Century.

I haven't really been keeping up with it myself, admittedly, but I've heard good things about it so far.

EDIT: Gundaminfo is finally streaming the series subbed. Lets watch dis s*** yo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJZXfjjNOGk

• 1 month later...

After seeing both episodes, I think we're in for something good here. Yes, we're totally awash in that classic Yoshiyuki Tomino "I have no idea what the f*** i'm doing" direction, and the first two episodes do basically nothing but establish the basis of character, setting, and plot threads and throw decently pretty animation at us, but then again this exact method has worked really well for gundam in the past. The character designs remind me a lot of Eureka seven, and the art direction is... really really Sunrise-ey, is the best way i can describe it. Bright, colorful, lavish set designs, the works. It sorta feels like a return to form for the studio and the franchise in a lot of ways, and when you consider Gundam's pedigree of great series, that can pretty much only mean good things. Super stoked for next week.

Side note: holy christ that opening theme kicks ass.

Speaking of Eureka Seven, some of the mecha designs are actually inspired by the KLF/LFO from there iirc.

And, there's a semi-major character later on that's an older expy of a character from there.

tbh i never was really into eureka seven, but afte the fiasco that was AGE anything coming from a good mecha show is fine by me.

Archived