An archetype that supports... MST? [8/8 Cards]

AcediaJC

Just yet another random idea that popped into my head. Somewhat inspired by Traptrix, in that it's an archetype based around a certain staple card that's pretty much been around since the beginning. In this case, it's an archetype based around Mystical Space Typhoon. As always I'm a bit iffy on how balanced the archetype is so far, whether it's horribly broken or horribly underpowered. But hey, that's what feedback and suggestions are for! So hopefully this can shape up into something interesting, fair, and playable. Anywho, on to the cards!

[Spoiler=The Mystical Space Archetype]

3499jys.png

Mystical Space Warrior

[WIND] [Warrior] [Level 4]

When this card is Normal Summoned, you can return 1 "Mystical Space" Spell Card from your Graveyard to your Deck. Once per turn: When a "Mystical Space Typhoon" is activated, you can destroy 1 Spell/Trap card on the field. If you do, this card loses 500 ATK and DEF.

[ATK: 1900] [DEF: 1500]

rsea9l.png

Mystical Space Wizard

[WIND] [Spellcaster] [Level 4]

This card cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. When a "Mystical Space" Spell card is activated, you can Special Summon this card from your Hand or Graveyard (You can only Special Summon 1 "Mystical Space Wizard" this way per turn). Once per turn: You can banish 1 "Mystical Space Typhoon" from your Graveyard; Draw 1 card.

[ATK: 1000] [DEF: 2000]

30mwjdz.png

Mystical Space Dragon

[WIND] [Dragon] [Rank 4]

2 level 4 WIND Monsters
When this card is Xyz Summoned, you can set 1 "Mystical Space" Spell Card from your Graveyard. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card. Until the End Phase, your opponent cannot activate Spell or Trap effects in response to "Mystical Space" Spell Cards you control.
[ATK: 2200] [DEF: 1800]

2aka5qr.png

Mystical Space

[Field Spell]

Once per turn: When a "Mystical Space" Spell Card would be sent to the graveyard after its effect resolves, you can pay 1000 Life Points to return it to the top of your deck instead. When this card is destroyed, you can add 1 "Mystical Space" Monster from your deck to your hand.

mbsgmr.png

Mystical Space Vortex

[Quick-Play Spell]

If a "Mystical Space Typhoon" is activated this turn, its effect becomes "Destroy 1 face-up Monster on the field". If this face-down card is destroyed by an opponent's card effect, your opponent must target 1 "Mystical Space" Spell Card in your Graveyard; Add that target to your hand.

2lt50tv.png

Mystical Space Wormhole

[Quick-Play Spell]

When you opponent activates a Spell/Trap card, target that card; Negate its activation, then Set it in your opponent's Spell/Trap card zone. The target card cannot be activated for the rest of this turn. If a card that was targeted by this effect is activated while this card is in your Graveyard, you can banish this card to add 1 "Mystical Space Typhoon" from your Deck to your Hand.

2jcegq1.png

Mystical Space Supernova

[Quick-Play Spell]

Banish 3 "Mystical Space Typhoon"s from your Graveyard, then activate 1 of the following effects:
- Destroy all Monsters your opponent controls. You cannot conduct your Battle Phase the turn this effect is activated.
- Skip your next Draw Phase. Both players discard their entire hand, then draw as many cards as they discarded.

2uzt4qb.png

Mystical Space Portal

[Continuous Spell]

Once per turn: You can discard 1 "Mystical Space" card to add 1 "Mystical Space" card with a different name from your Graveyard to your hand. When this card is destroyed, you can target 1 "Mystical Space" card in your Graveyard and 1 Spell/Trap your opponent controls. Return both targets to their owner's Decks.

[/spoiler]

I would play with these! They're pretty neat. I feel like the archetype's Spells are actually a bit undertuned for the current metagame, though, and you can definitely get away with buffing some of them; currently you basically have to trade 2-4-1 when trying to do cool things. Additionally, I would like to see a Spell or Trap here that has the name "Mystical Space Typhoon" when on the field or in the Graveyard.

I like the creativity; good work!

Very, very interesting. It's nice to see some Spell support that isn't just "support for Archetype whatever" or Soul Charge, tbh. Though I think you could try buffing them up a bit, like making Vortex destroy a monster not INSTEAD of a S/T, but IN ADDITION to it. It wouldn't be too hard, and besides, you can only use 3, so it's not like it will make too much of a difference, even with Warrior and Dragon's effects.

Archived