Nekosweet Archetype: The most adorable LP Gain archetype there ever was [6/? Cards]

AcediaJC

Not a whole lot to say, just an archetype with a theme that's adorably sweet enough to give somebody diabetes, as well as hopefully making Life Point gaining effects relevant in some way. Most likely not too relevant against tier 1 decks, but at least enough to be competitively viable to some degree.

[Spoiler=Nekosweet Archetype]

egs9s6.png

Nekosweet Cuillère

[LIGHT] [Beast-Warrior] [Tuner] [Level 2]

When either player's Life Points are increased, you can Special Summon this card from your Hand or Graveyard. You can only Special summon 1 "Nekosweet Cuillère" this way per turn. When this card is destroyed as a result of battle, you can gain Life Points equal to half the ATK of the Monster that destroyed this card.

[ATK: 600] [DEF: 1000]

nd8v9l.png

Nekosweet Sucre

[LIGHT] [Beast-Warrior] [Level 3]

When this card is Normal Summoned, you can increase your Life Points by 200 for each "Nekosweet" Monster in your Graveyard. Once per turn: You can pay 1000 Life Points to increase the level of 1 "Nekosweet" Monster you control by 1, until the End Phase.

[ATK: 1400] [DEF: 1200]

23ic4kk.png

Nekosweet Café

[LIGHT] [Beast-Warrior] [Rank 3]

2 level 3 Beast-Warrior-Type Monsters
Once per turn: When your Life Points would be increased, you can detach 1 Xyz material from this card; Draw 1 card instead. If this card is destroyed (Either by battle or card effect), during your End Phase you can gain Life Points equal to the amount of battle damage you took this turn.

[ATK: 2100] [DEF: 1800]

352rz8l.png

Nekosweet Gâteau

[LIGHT] [Beast-Warrior] [Synchro] [Level 5]

1 Tuner + 1 Beast-Warrior-Type non-Tuner Monster
When this card is Synchro Summoned, you can increase your Life Points by 1000 for each "Nekosweet" Monster that was used as a Synchro Material. Once per turn, during either player's End Phase (Except the turn this card was Summoned): You can inflict damage to your opponent's Life Points equal to the amount of Life Points you gained this turn.

[ATK: 1800] [DEF: 2100]

optkw7.png

Nekosweet Chocolat

When your opponent activates a Spell, Trap, or Monster Effect that would target a "Nekosweet" Monster you control, you can send this face-up card to the Graveyard to negate that card's effect and destroy it. While this card is in your Graveyard: You can banish this card to gain 1000 Life Points. You can only activate 1 effect of "Nekosweet Chocolat" per turn.

[ATK: 1600] [DEF: 1500]

6r1rb6.png

Lapinfille Waitress

[EARTH] [Beast-Warrior] [Level 1]

FLIP: Increase your Life Points by 300 for each Monster your opponent controls. While this card is in your Graveyard, it is treated as a "Nekosweet" Monster. You can banish this card from your Graveyard to add 1 "Nekosweet" Monster from your Deck to your Hand.

[ATK: 400] [DEF: 400]

14ctt02.png

Nekosweet Bonbon

Once per turn: When either player's Life Points are increased, you can add 1 "Nekosweet" Monster from your Graveyard to your Hand. If your Life Points are higher than your opponent's, this card cannot be destroyed as a result of battle.

[ATK: 1500] [DEF: 1800]

95u6nc.png

Nekosweet Tarte

[LIGHT] [Beast-Warrior] [Tuner] [Level 2]

Once per turn: When your opponent's Life Points would be increased, you can activate 1 of the following effects:
- Gain Life Points equal to the amount your opponent's Life Points were increased by.
- Special Summon 1 "Nekosweet" or "Lapinfille" Monster from your hand.

[ATK: 1000] [DEF: 600]

1g15xv.png

Nekosweet Dreams

[TRAP] [Normal]

If you control no Monsters, add 1 "Nekosweet" Tuner Monster from your Deck or Graveyard to your Hand. While this card is in your Graveyard, during either player's turn (Except the turn it was activated), you can banish it to add 1 "Nekosweet" or "Lapinfille" non-Tuner Monster from your Deck or Graveyard to your Hand. If this card was activated during your opponent's turn, during your next Standby Phase: Both players gain 1000 Life Points.

21jay3l.png

Nekosweet Reine de Sucre

[LIGHT] [Beast-Warrior] [Rank 5]

3 level 5 Monsters
This card can also be Xyz Summoned by using 1 "Nekosweet" Xyz or Synchro Monster you control (Except "Nekosweet Reine de Sucre") as iits Xyz Material (Any Xyz materials attached to them become this card's Xyz materials as well). Once per turn: When either player's Life Points are increased, you can detach 1 Xyz material from this card to send 1 random card from your opponent's Hand to the Graveyard.

[ATK: 2400] [DEF: 2200]

[/spoiler]

There may be more to come, so all feedback, suggestions, and criticism are welcome! OCG fixes would be appreciated too, and any tips for how to make them more balanced if they're under or over powered would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Since Duel Portal seems to be becoming more of a thing now, I've also uploaded the Nekosweet archetype under there under the "NKSW" set, if anybody wants to test-play them first-hand before giving their opinions on them.

EDIT 2: Added 1 new card, "Nekosweet Bonbon". 

EDIT 3: Added 1 new card, "Nekosweet Tarte".

EDIT 4: Added 2 new cards, "Nekosweet Dreams" and "Nekosweet Reine de Sucre".

First of all: Omg! such a moe archetype.

that being said, i like the overall playstyle of the archetype, i dont see many "LP gaining based" cards anymore and this sure makes me happy.

The ocg needs some work, but that you'll get with time.

overall, great job, keep adding cards please

I can describe the artwork as "Ultra-moe Madolches, with boobies"

But anyway good work, the effects look awesome.

I really like moe decks (Madolche, Ghostricks and Fluffals are my fav archetypes, nuff said), and i would totally se myself playing it.

Good job! I rate this 9 Rilakkumas out of 10 : ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

I never got madolches. Let's see if these are better.

Culliere- I love this card. A Great Wall, and works really well with the next card on the list. Fantastic

Sucre- Great late game, and has a handy effect for combo with culliere. Love it

Cafe- Another very useful card and the main resource generator for the deck. Decent stats and a handy on death effect encouraging opponents to hold back.

Gateu- This seems to be the deck's main victory pusher. A 4000 life swing is strong but accounted for by weak stats. Still, a bit on th edge, considering you can sucre then culliere it at very little cost

Chocolate- The art is a bit too risqué for my tastes, but the card is ok. The effect basicall
y forces the opponent to kill it, and it's other effect works well with cuttlerie

Waitress- Seems a little cheap. Life point gain and then next turn you get a synchro monster. But. Nothing very terrifying. Good

Bonbon- The equivalent of marshmallow for the deck. Also fetches sutre for more Gateu fun!

Tarte- What is this? This doesn't seem to help the deck except for an alternate less efficient tuner for sutre.

Dreams- and then I see this and feel like an idiot. Searches cuttlerie which you NEED, so it's a good, as it seat he's other goodies as well and gives you life points while activating Tarte. Lovely

Nekosweet- Blows cafe out of the water. The discard effect is neat. It seems actually a little weak considered it has to contend with Gateu.

In summary, this is a well made archetype. Maybe buff up nekosweet and cafe so there's actually reason to use them instead of making a stall heavy burn build with cuttlerie sucre Gateu and pot of benevolence. But over all great

Archived