[CROS] Schuberta the Melodious Maestra and Melodious Illusion

http://ygorganization.com/ocg-magazine-cros-spoilers/

Schuberta the Melodious Maestra
Level 6 LIGHT Fairy-Type Fusion Effect Monster
ATK 2400
DEF 2000
2 “Melodious” monsters
(1) During either player’s turn: You can target up to 3 cards in either player’s Graveyard; Banish them. This card gains ATK equal to the number of cards banished by this effect x 200. This effect can be used only once while this card is face-up on the field.

Melodious Illusion
Normal Trap Card
Target 1 “Melodious” monster you control; this turn, that monster you control is unaffected by the effects of your opponent’s Spell and Trap Cards and it can perform 2 attacks during each Battle Phase.

Hmm that Forbidden Lance-like card.... At least Forbidden Lance is a generic and more flexible card overall.

In the other hand, this card is pretty much screaming "save it until your own battle phase to push for an OTK" with the other uses pretty much being small bonuses.

I don't know much about this archetype other than they seem to be focused on locks of some sort... but haven't seen each card in detail.

The Fusion looks very good though. Once again, I haven't looked at them in detail, but this has to be the second card I see that seems to adopt an offensive stance (the other being the other Fusion).

Major buff from the anime, for the Fusion at least. Hahaha...in the anime, it banished Fusion Materials and a Fusion Spell from the opponent's Graveyard.

It's...very nice by hitting any 3 cards in the Graveyard and gaining up to 600 ATK, especially since the boost is permanent, even though you can only use the effect once while it's faceup.

Illusion is awesome-looking.

this
this goddamn fusion the way it is
this
is what fantasia can work with

something that adds to their invincibility setup and gains power

the trap supports this even further if you dont have the entire invincibilty setup or it gets messed up

the archetype still doesnt want fusions but this works so well with what they actually do and im really goddamn happy it's a blatant triple dd crow for nothing but benefits

Major buff from the anime, for the Fusion at least. Hahaha...in the anime, it banished Fusion Materials and a Fusion Spell from the opponent's Graveyard.

It's...very nice by hitting any 3 cards in the Graveyard and gaining up to 600 ATK, especially since the boost is permanent, even though you can only use the effect once while it's faceup.

Illusion is awesome-looking.

Y'know, I was just about to come in and bitch about the effect being once while face-up before I noticed it didn't say "until the end of the turn". Apparently my brain just kinda filled that part in. So yeah, becoming a 3k beater while ripping up the opponent's Grave is great.

Meanwhile, Illusion lost that stupid restriction where the opponent could stop it by dscarding a Spell.

Now they need cards that plus upon banishing, sadly we have more than half a set here and none of them does anything related.
They are inconsistent and need time to set up a lock, and while optimally you'd prefer getting this asap, you can't becuase the lock is too precious (i.e Aria, Elegy are in no way fusion materials) to break.
Imagine if you could just banish 1 of yours with this, and have it trigger to revive aria. :3

Now they need cards that plus upon banishing, sadly we have more than half a set here and none of them does anything related.
They are inconsistent and need time to set up a lock, and while optimally you'd prefer getting this asap, you can't becuase the lock is too precious (i.e Aria, Elegy are in no way fusion materials) to break.
Imagine if you could just banish 1 of yours with this, and have it trigger to revive aria. :3

Uh....why?

the banishing is intended to be disruption, not a cost.

What they need is more glue that tie the archetype together and generally more consistent ways to setup stuffs and gain advantage.

Uh....why?

the banishing is intended to be disruption, not a cost.

What they need is more glue that tie the archetype together and generally more consistent ways to setup stuffs and gain advantage.

Uh. Why? Isn't it obvious?
If you want a good field, you'd need this and aria at the very least out there.
Making aria is pain and re-making her, in case she was used as material, is close to impossible.
A way to regain some of the lock after using the cards as material could be wonderful.

.. But why do you use aria as material? - - you don't. But that curretly screws consistency, ideally - you would if you could get here back.

Uh. Why? Isn't it obvious?
If you want a good field, you'd need this and aria at the very least out there.
Making aria is pain and re-making her, in case she was used as material, is close to impossible.
A way to regain some of the lock after using the cards as material could be wonderful.

.. But why do you use aria as material? - - you don't. But that curretly screws consistency, ideally - you would if you could get here back.

they still wouldn't need cards that plus upon banishing, her banish effect is much more useful if you use it on your opponents grave since it wipes out grave based shenanigans.

as for needing aria/elegy and this one the field at the same time,if you don't have the aria/elegy play, you can rely on your backrow to help you if you summon this card, and if you do have the aria/elegy play, then you pretty much have enough defensive power to wait a little while as you build up for a fusion play.

This card is not the end goal, it's an alternate route. if you can't afford to play it yet, then really don't need to.

Despite the slightly implied argument going on with the Fusions being an attempt to steer the Archetype into some obscure direction-

YOU WON'T CARE ABOUT THIS.

Let me put it this way...

They have a monster that's a walking Poly that was designed to play the Fusions. K. But said monster literally needs 0 dedication, because the Fusions in question are always on-hand. You just need to drop Soprano if you feel it necessary, and the rest of the move will just fall in line as it sees fit. Simple.

The deck is [i]still[/i] herpderp-lock, and the Fusions are basically just a utility of sorts.

And that's it. Nothing to it, really.

Archived