Yuki Usagi

YukiUsagi-CROS-JP-OP.png

Psychic/Tuner/Effect

During either player's turn, when a monster effect is activated on the field OR when the effect of a face-up Spell/Trap Card is activated: You can send this card from your hand or from your side of the field to the Graveyard; destroy that card. You can only use this effect of "Yuki Usagi" once per turn.

0/1800

discuss?

uc5hsp4.png

Since every monster is a floater anymore, it doesn't do any real good to stop your opponent's monster effects from activating if they're just gonna get another copy of themselves or a copy of the other 9001 cards it can summon. The fact it doesn't negate as well means it's useless against Traps (except maybe like Fiendish (if that's still playable) or Vanity), and it also doesn't do a whole lot against Spells either. Can't say I'm impressed.

Its best use is as E-tele level 3 tuner target that you can actually summon in the opponent's turn and is not dead in your hand.

This is what I thought after reading the card. You could potentially use E-Tele "offensively" in a pinch by dropping this during the opponent's turn. The sad part is that if the opponent chooses to not do anything, this would be banished at the End Phase.

Anyways, I like this card. It may not negate the effect but destroying the card should be good enough, and better than negating in some cases, like in the aforementioned examples, and when you want to get rid of that big monster or floodgate instead of merely negating its effect. It is also a hand-trap too, in case someone missed it.

Then, it is amazing target for E-Tele, and I dare to say it is the best one if you don't want/need EARTHs for Naturia Synchros and whatnot.

"Every boss is a floater" is such a stupid circlejerk. So what, because they float, you'd rather not ever remove them from field? Alright. Enjoy winning games like that.

I agree with you, to a degree, but use both more tact and more critical thinking.

If every boss floats, then what does removing them by destruction do? Set them off and maybe take them down half of a notch? Unless you're killing them that turn, their floating might kill you in the long run because you played into them.

Dante? The BA float can end your game prematurely.

Virgil? Still spinning your shit and possibly plussing.

Dolls? Doesn't stop Construct, doesn't touch midrash, hits Grysta and Sheki too late.

Qliphorts? It hits tool, but hitting a big Qliphort can't happen. It only hits Tool and the scale 1 vanilla.

Infernoids (argument's sake)? They sack themselves, banish this/something important, and give no fucks to you.

Satellars? You can screw their Altair/Vega plays, but it's a delay at best. Anything else would be far too late.

Yang Zing? It hits just Jiaotu... So the fact it's CL2 and makes them miss timing isn't relevant. As for bosses, you can hit Baxia/make Yazi miss, but the former ruins you anyways.

Nekroz? Thanks for setting them up to search more cards.

RB? Yeah it does hurt them, if they don't have Bond/ready Ambush already. In which case, they don't care. The fusions really don't care.

It's really a cool card in theory, and I think YCM's a bit too harsh on it, but "stupid circlejerk" comment is out of line when it really ISN'T great against most good decks, or even decks that aren't good. They aren't wrong, just being too harsh about it instead of acknowledging what it does do well; hand trap that hits Tool/Scout and cards like Tenki while doubling as a LIGHT level 3 psychic tuner.

Once again, Black comes in with legit reasoning.

Ideally though, its main use is that it is a level 3 LIGHT tuner that can be E-Tele'd that isnt actually dead in your hand.

The TCG is probably going to heavily overprice it though because it says "LOLQLIPHORTSCOUTKILLER".  I can see this as a secret rare in the TCG because of this.

Note that this actually can't hit Tenki, since that card applies its effect at initial activation. It only hits cards like Tool and D/D's Covenants that have an activated effect separate from the initial activation.

That's what got me thinking after noticing the effect is "when the effect of a face-up Spell/Trap Card is activated". Can this destroy Spell/Traps on activation or not? because upon activation, the Spell/Trap is face-up so technically it should be a proper target for this card, but I don't know. Is there any ruling on another card with a similar effect?

Defintely gonna swap Commander with this. Its a good target for e tele and builds grave for crane crane which is rly good for lvl 6 synch summons

But commander is earth

This gives you access to Ancient Sacred Wyvern, but Commander gives you access to Nat Beast and Barkiob, which is far superior in anything remotely EARTH. And yeah, it helps Crane Crane, but Crane can make Meliae or Barkion with Commander.

Archived