Champion Monsters (Redux)

Azure Wolf

Intro

This is a new mechanic I thought up revolving around Champion monsters. Champion monsters are Main Deck monsters and to different effects; a Champion effect and a Monster effect. The Champion effect will mainly be dependent on the Attribute of the Monster except with some cards if they are part of an archetype which in the case they will supported that, while the monster effect is just what I think could suit the card. Most of my inspiration for this was after I had brought a few Duelist Alliance booster packs. Being bored I decided to select a few monsters and give them additional effects.

Layout

Champion monster cards are like Pendulum cards but don't have the half and half of monster and spell cards. The main difference being the Blue scale has been removed to increase the size of the text box and where the Red scale is the is now just a number discerning the Champion Stage.

[spoiler=Template by Radiant F.U.R.Y.]45063.png[/spoiler]

Mechanic

You set Champion Monsters in the Champion Zone and can activate their champion effects from there. Depending on the Champion Level the effect gets more powerful with a Champion Stage of 1 being the Lowest and 3 being the Highest. They still classed as monsters when in the Champion Zone so are affected by monster removal.

Attribute Rulings - For most of the non-archetype cards their effects will be determined by attribute. For archetypal cards they will fall in with the archetypes gimmick. 

Light - Special Summoning
Fire - Effect Damage
Earth - ATK/DEF boosts
Dark - Deck Destruction
Wind - Card destruction or return
Water - Drawing

Monsters - (I am aware that Dharc could be abused in Shaddolls to some extent, in Qli mirrors Aussa could be useful, Eria allows water decks to draw like mad, and so on.) Help sorting out some of these cards would and help with getting the card designed with the template would be good. (Radiant did give me a tutorial for GIMP but I can't access the computer which it is on and I can't find my way around image editing programs anyway.)

The first 18 cards I designed was when I really started liking the Charmer cards so I went with them for the base then expanded onto more original ideas involving a archetype of mine, some burn and level support.

[spoiler=Stage 1 Champion Monsters]
Lyna the Outcast LIGHT Level 4 Champion 1 Spellcaster
Monster Effect/Champion 1600/1200
Champion Effect - Send this card to the Graveyard to Special Summon 2 Level 4 or lower LIGHT monsters from your hand.
Monster Effect - If this card is Normal Summon; draw one card. If this card is Special Summoned or Flipped face-up; take control of 1 Light monster your opponent controls.

[spoiler='Lyna the Outcast']ociR3Yw.jpg[/spoiler]

Hiita the Outcast FIRE Level 4 Champion 1 Spellcaster
Champion Effect - Send this card to the Graveyard to inflict 500 damage to your opponent for every Level 3 or lower FIRE monster you control
Monster Effect - If this card is Normal Summon; Special Summon 1 FIRE monster from your hand with 1500 ATK or less. If this card is Special Summoned or Flipped face-up; take control of 1 FIRE monster your opponent controls.

[spoiler='Hiita the Outcast']HmiFdjn.jpg[/spoiler]

Eria the Outcast WATER Level 4 Champion 1 Spellcaster
Champion Effect - Send this card to the Graveyard to draw 2 cards. You must control 2 WATER monsters with the same level to activate this effect.
Monster Effect - If this card is Normal Summon; Draw 1 card. If this card is Special Summoned or Flipped face-up; take control of 1 WATER monster your opponent controls.

[spoiler='Eria the Outcast']

vXKOaKK.jpg[/spoiler]

Aussa the Outcast EARTH Level 4 Champion 1 Spellcaster
Champion Effect - During either players turn; send this card to the Graveyard to increase the ATK or DEF of 1 monster you control by 1000 until the End Phase
Monster Effect - If this card is Normal Summon; Increase the ATK of 1 EARTH monster you control by 1000 until the End Phase. If this card is Special Summoned or Flipped face-up; take control of 1 EARTH monster your opponent controls.

[spoiler='Aussa the Outcast']ZCYktr9.jpg[/spoiler]

Wynn the Outcast WIND Level 4 Champion 1 Spellcaster
Champion Effect - Send this card to the return 2 cards on the field to their owner’s hand.
Monster Effect - If this card is Normal Summon; return 1 face-up card to its owner’s hand. If this card is Special Summoned or Flipped face-up; take control of 1 WIND monster your opponent controls.

[spoiler='Wynn the Outcast']BgJpWYM.jpg[/spoiler]

Dharc the Outcast DARK Level 4 Champion 1 Spellcaster
Champion Effect - Send this card to the Graveyard to send 2 DARK monsters from your Deck to the graveyard
Monster Effect - If this card is Normal Summon; Send 1 card from your Deck to the graveyard. If this card is Special Summoned or Flipped face-up; take control of 1 DARK monster your opponent controls.

[spoiler='Dharc the Outcast']Mbs5NyO.jpg[/spoiler]

Pyre Knight FIRE Level 4 Champion 1 Pyro
Monster Effect/Champion 1800/1000
Champion Effect – Once per turn you can discard 1 FIRE Monster from your hand and this card to the graveyard; inflict damage to your opponent equal to the discarded monsters level x300. You can only activate this effect of "Pyre Knight" once per turn.
Monster Effect – Once per turn inflict damage equal to the number of monsters you control x300.

[spoiler='Pyre Knight']GuZV53K.jpg[/spoiler]

Skilled Knight LV 4 LIGHT Level 4 Champion 1 Warrior

Monster Effect/Champion 1600/1500
Champion Effect – Once per turn you can send this card to the graveyard; Special Summon 1 level 4 or lower “LV” monster from your hand. You can only activate the effect of "Skilled Knight LV4" once per turn.
Monster effect – During the End Phase, if this card destroyed a monster by battle this turn, Special Summon 1 "Skilled Knight LV8" from your hand or deck. Once per turn you can send 2 cards from your hand to the graveyard to add 1 “Level up” or 1 “LV” monster from your deck to your hand.

[spoiler='Skilled Knight LV4']Rtqrore.jpg[/spoiler]

Scale Archer EARTH level 4 Champion 1 Warrior
Monster Effect/Champion 1000/1600
Champion Effect - Once per turn you can send this card to the graveyard; target 1 Level 4 or lower monster you control with 1600 ATK or less It can attack your opponent directly this turn. You can only activate the effect of "Scale Archer" once per turn.
Monster effect - This card can attack your opponent directly. If this card is destroyed by an opponents card (either by battle or by card effect) place 1 Champion monster in your Champion Zone.

[spoiler='Scale Archer']6MCJE8c.jpg[/spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler=Stage 2 Champion Monsters]

Lyna the Seer LIGHT Level 8 Champion 2 Spellcaster
Monster Effect/Champion 2700/2300
Champion Effect - This card can only be placed in the Champion Zone if you have sent "Lyna the Outcast" from your Champion Zone to the graveyard this turn. If this card is in the Champion Zone you can activate this effect; Send this card to the Graveyard to Special Summon 2 Level 8 or lower LIGHT monsters from your hand.
Monster Effect - If this card is Normal Summon; Draw 2 card. If this card is Special Summoned or Flipped face-up; take control of up to 2 LIGHT monsters your opponent controls.

Hiita the Inferno FIRE Level 8 Champion 2 Spellcaster
Champion Effect - This card can only be placed in the Champion Zone if you have sent "Hiita the Outcast" from your Champion Zone to the graveyard this turn. If this card is in the Champion Zone you can activate this effect; Send this card to the Graveyard to inflict 800 damage to your opponent for every Level 6 or lower FIRE monster you control
Monster Effect - If this card is Normal Summon; Special Summon 2 FIRE monster from your hand with 2500 ATK or less. If this card is Special Summoned or Flipped face-up; take control of up to 2 FIRE monster your opponent controls.

Eria the Torrent WATER Level 8 Champion 2 Spellcaster
Champion Effect -This card can only be placed in the champion Zone if you have sent "Eria the Outcast" from your Champion Zone to the graveyard this turn. If this card is in the Champion zone you can activate this effect; Send this card to the Graveyard to draw 3 cards. You must control 3 WATER monsters with the same level to activate this effect.
Monster Effect - If this card is Normal Summon; Draw 2 card. If this card is Special Summoned or Flipped face-up; take control of up to 2 WATER monster your opponent controls.

Aussa the Quake EARTH Level 8 Champion 2 Spellcaster
Champion Effect - This card can only be placed in the Champion Zone if you have sent "Aussa the Outcast" from your Champion Zone to the graveyard this turn. If this card is in the Champion zone you can activate this effect; during either players turn; send this card to the Graveyard to increase the ATK or DEF of all monsters you control by 1000 until the End Phase
Monster Effect - If this card is Normal Summon; Increase the ATK of 2 EARTH monsters you control by 1000 until the End Phase. If this card is Special Summoned or Flipped face-up; take control of up to 2 EARTH monsters your opponent controls.

Wynn the Hurricane WIND Level 8 Champion 2 Spellcaster
Champion Effect - This card can only be placed in the Champion Zone if you have sent "Wynn the Outcast" from your Champion Zone to the graveyard this turn. If this card is in the Champion Zone you can activate this effect; Send this card to the return 3 cards on the field to their owner’s hand.
Monster Effect - If this card is Normal Summon; return 2 face-up cards to their owner’s hand. If this card is Special Summoned or Flipped face-up; take control of up to 2 WIND monsters your opponent controls.

Dharc the Shadow DARK Level 8 Champion 2 Spellcaster
Champion Effect -This card can only be placed in the Champion Zone if you have sent "Dharc the Outcast" from your Champion Zone to the graveyard this turn.  If this card is in the Champion Zone you can activate this effect; Send this card to the Graveyard to send 3 DARK monsters from your Deck to the graveyard
Monster Effect - If this card is Normal Summon; Send 2 cards from your Deck to the graveyard. If this card is Special Summoned or Flipped face-up; take control of up to 2 DARK monsters your opponent controls.

Pyre Lord FIRE Level 8 Champion 2 Pyro
Monster Effect/Champion 3000/2000
Champion Effect – Once per turn, you can send 1 FIRE Monster from your hand to the graveyard; inflict damage to your opponent equal to its level x400.
Monster Effect – Once per turn, you can inflict damage equal to the number of monsters you control x400.

Skilled Knight LV 8 LIGHT Level 8 Champion 2 Warrior
Monster Effect/Champion 2300/2000
Champion Effect – This card can only be placed in the Champion Zone by sending 1 “Level Up” from your hand and 1 “Skilled Knight LV 4” from your Champion Zone to the graveyard. Once per turn you can Special Summon 1 level 6 or lower “LV” monster from your hand with its effects negated. Destroy that monster during the End Phase.
Monster effect – During your Standby Phase, you can send this card from the field to the graveyard to Special Summon 1 "Skilled Knight LV12" from your hand or deck. Once per turn you can add 1 “Level up” or 1 “LV” monster from your deck to your hand. You cannot conduct your Battle Phase the turn you activate this effect. 

Scale Gunman EARTH Level 8 Champion 2 Warrior
Monster Effect/Champion 2000/2600
Champion Effect - If this card was placed in the Champion Zone by a card effect, add 2 Equip Spell cards from your deck to your hand. Once per turn target 1 monster you control with 2000 ATK or less. It can attack your opponent directly.
Monster Effect - This card can attack your opponent directly if "Scale Archer" is in your graveyard. If this card is destroyed by battle or card effect place 1 Champion Monster in your Champion Zone.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Stage 3 Champion Monsters]

Lady Lyna LIGHT Level 12 Champion 3 Spellcaster
Monster Effect/Champion 3500/3100
Champion Effect - This card can only be placed in the Champion Zone if you have sent "Lyna the Seer" from your Champion zone to the graveyard this turn. If this card is in the Champion Zone you can activate this effect; Send two cards from your hand to the Graveyard to Special Summon 3 LIGHT monsters from your hand.
Monster Effect - If this card is Normal Summon; Add 1 card from your Deck to your hand. If this card is Special Summoned or Flipped face-up; take control of up to 3 LIGHT monsters your opponent controls.

Lady Hiita FIRE Level 12 Champion 3 Spellcaster
Champion Effect - This card can only be placed in the Champion Zone if you have sent "Hiita the Inferno" from your Champion zone to the graveyard this turn. If this card is in the Champion Zone you can activate this effect; Banish 2 FIRE monsters from your Graveyard to inflict 1000 damage to your opponent for every FIRE monster you control
Monster Effect - If this card is Normal Summon; Special Summon 2 FIRE monsters from your hand. If this card is Special Summoned or Flipped face-up; take control of up to 3 FIRE monsters your opponent controls.

Lady Eria WATER Level 12 Champion 3 Spellcaster
Champion Effect - This card can only be placed in the Champion Zone if you have sent "Eria the Torrent" from your Champion zone to the graveyard this turn. If this card is in the Champion Zone you can activate this effect; Send 3 cards from your hand to the graveyard to draw 4 cards. You must control 4 WATER monsters with the same level to activate this effect.
Monster Effect - If this card is Normal Summoned; Draw 3 cards. If this card is Special Summoned or Flipped face-up; take control of up to 3 WATER monsters your opponent controls.

Lady Aussa EARTH Level 12 Champion 3 Spellcaster
Champion Effect - This card can only be placed in the Champion Zone if you have sent "Aussa the Quake" from your Champion zone to the graveyard this turn. If this card is in the Champion Zone you can activate this effect: during either players turn; Increase the ATK or DEF of all monsters you control by 1500 until the End Phase
Monster Effect - If this card is Normal Summon; Increase the ATK of 1 EARTH monster you control by 2000 until the End Phase. If this card is Special Summoned or Flipped face-up; take control of up to 3 EARTH monsters your opponent controls.

Lady Wynn WIND Level 12 Champion 3 Spellcaster
Champion Effect - This card can only be placed in the Champion Zone if you have sent "Wynn the Hurricane" from your Champion zone to the graveyard this turn. If this card is in the Champion Zone you can activate this effect; Send this card to the graveyard to the return 4 cards on the field to their owner’s hand.
Monster Effect - If this card is Normal Summon; return 3 face-up cards to their owner’s hand. If this card is Special Summoned or Flipped face-up; take control of up to 3 WIND monsters your opponent controls.

Lord Dharc DARK Level 12 Champion 3 Spellcaster
Champion Effect -This card can only be placed in the Champion Zone if you have sent "Dharc the Shadow" from your Champion zone to the graveyard this turn.  This card can only be placed in the Champion Zone if you have sent "Dharc the Shadow" from your Champion zone to the graveyard this turn.
If this card is in the Champion zone you can activate this effect; Send this card to the Graveyard to send 4 DARK monsters from your Deck to the graveyard
Monster Effect - If this card is Normal Summon; Send 3 cards from your Deck to the graveyard. If this card is Special Summoned or Flipped face-up; take control of up to 3 DARK monsters your opponent controls.

Pyre Extarch FIRE Level 12 Champion 3 Pyro
Monster Effect/Champion 4500/2500
Champion Effect – This card can only be placed in the Champion Zone by sending 2 cards from your hand to the graveyard. Once per turn, you can send 1 FIRE Monster from your hand to the graveyard; inflict damage to your opponent equal to its ATK
Monster Effect – Once per turn inflict damage equal to the number of monsters you control x800.

Skilled Knight LV 12 LIGHT Level 12 Champion 3 Warrior
Monster Effect/Champion
Champion Effect – This card can only be placed in the Champion Zone by sending 1 “Level Up” from your hand to the graveyard and sending 1 “Skilled Knight LV8” from your Champion Zone to the graveyard. Once per turn you can Special Summon 1 “LV” monster from your hand with its effects negated.
Monster effect – This card cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by the effect of "Skilled Knight LV 8". Once per turn you can add 1 “Level up” or 1 “LV” monster from your deck or graveyard to your hand.

Scale Mech EARTH Level 12 Champion 3 Warrior

Monster Effect/Champion
Champion Effect - Once per turn target 1 monster you control it can attack your opponent directly but other monsters you control can't attack the turn you activate this effect.
Monster Effect - This card can attack your opponent directly but all damage they take is halved until the End Phase. If this card is destroyed by battle target 3 Champion Monsters in your graveyard; shuffle them into your deck.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Spells/Traps]
Elected Champion - Spell/Normal – Target 1 Face-up Champion Monster you control and move it to the Champion Zone.

Champions Rallying – Spell/Normal - If you control a Stage 3 Champion monster in your Champion Zone you can Special Summon 2 monsters of the Same Level from your hand. You cannot conduct your Battle Phase the turn you activate this effect.

Guild of the Legends - Spell/Continuous - When a monster is sent from your Monster Card Zone to your graveyard, you can place it face-up in your Champion Zone as a stage 2 Champion monster with this effect: During your End Phase you can send this card to your graveyard; place 1 stage 3 Champion monster in your Champion Zone ignoring the activation condition. When this card is sent to the graveyard; Banish all 3 non-Champion monsters from your graveyard.[/spoiler]

Anyway OCG fixes and reviews are welcome. If you have ideas for new cards or want to help expand this send me a PM.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a new computer so no editing software yet, that I and I can't get the resize properly (need to find them again or get a usb pen that my computer likes. Also for some reason my computer won't allow me to copy or use BBCodes while editing posts or creating topics. Any help with getting the pictures onto the templates would be great. I have got cards made up with out the use of the template currently with each effect labelled in the effect box and the scale in the circulation area with temporary art so I will get those up when I can.

Updated with temporary cards for the stage 1 monster with the champion and monster effects in the same box and the stage in the circulation area.

Radiant I don't currently have access to the art or to image editing software so trying to get the cards onto the template is the difficult part (I could try to use paint but I don't think that would work to well).

Updated with temporary cards for the stage 1 monster with the champion and monster effects in the same box and the stage in the circulation area.

Radiant I don't currently have access to the art or to image editing software so trying to get the cards onto the template is the difficult part (I could try to use paint but I don't think that would work to well).

Have you tried GIMP?

I have tried GIMP but I want to refrain from downloading programs I won't use that much onto my computer. Other than that as my internet is limited to a certain download amount per month I don't want to download that many programs, in the past week I have already used over 10 GB of the download amount for Steam games. If I can get access to GIMP and the pictures I will attempt it but I'm not the greatest with image editing software so any help with getting the card data onto the template would be great.

Bump, if anyone has any ideas for more monsters or how to get Fusion/Synchro/Xyz versions to work (can't create pendulum varieties with out having a cluttered card).

Think for Extra deck Champions their activation would be when sent to the grave an example would be "When this card is sent from a Monster Card zone to the graveyard: You can place it face-up in the Champion Zone."

If anyone has an idea on how pendulum versions could work I would be glad to know.

Thanks for the Xyz template, though it was mainly how you would activate them. I have thought maybe the stage 1's when destroyed they can go to the Champion Zone and an effect that you can send them from the Champion Zone to place the next stage in the champion Zone from you extra deck/hand/graveyard.

Archived