Separating Anime/Manga Cards and TCG/OCG card discussions

Aside from things that happened today and most sundays, Anime/manga cards don't see too many threads. I think making its own board will just make a dead zone, since a majority of said cards don't really have any decent discussion points in the first place.I say leave it as is or ban A/M altogether, but there really hasn't been a problem before today IIRC.

Support

You're a damn mod, you don't need support for this, you can just do it

If TCG was his area, that'd be true. I admit I'd be less than amused if other mods randomly started reorganizing and reformatting my section without my input.

Aside from things that happened today and most sundays, Anime/manga cards don't see too many threads. I think making its own board will just make a dead zone, since a majority of said cards don't really have any decent discussion points in the first place.I say leave it as is or ban A/M altogether, but there really hasn't been a problem before today IIRC.

This.

TCG isn't as active as it was in the old days. In fact, there can sometimes be pretty dry periods with only a few new topics a day, although this isn't THAT common. When new anime episodes air, there tends to be an activity boost, but the majority of those topics are anime cards.

If there was a subsection devoted only to anime/manga, that section would get that boost, but the main section would not. And more realistically, splitting the area would actually reduce activity a bit because some views would be in a subsection and the others would be in a different one.

Really, the title tags usually are sufficient to distinguish RL and anime discussion, and today is more something of a situation in itself, rather than something that needs the sections to be reformatted to accommodate it happening.

On one hand, it can never hurt to try, as it can be easily reversed should it fail.

On the other, I think this sounds redundant. Anime/Manga topics usually have context discussion as well as discussion as if it was in IRL, so I don't see the issue.

Archived