[Finished]CC Monthly Series [February 2015]

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like to join as well.

[spoiler="Power Speedman "]
s4VYoUh.jpg

[spoiler=Lore]You can banish 1 EARTH monster from your Graveyard; this card can attack directly during this turn. When this Attack Position monster is attacked: You can change it to Defense Position; it is not destroyed by that battle. When this card is destroyed and sent from the field to your Graveyard, you can Tribute 1 Warrior-Type monster you control; Special Summon this card in face-up Defense Position and if do, destroy 1 face-up Spell/Trap card on the field. You can only activate this effect once per turn.[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

He can dodge an attack, strike your LP like a ninja and travel through time. The incredible power of speed...

A rare conbination of effects that can be of good assistance to many EARTH-based decks. X-Saber and Karakuri decks would love this card. Easily Summoned with cards like "Marauding Captain", "Crane Crane" and the similars. Quickly-Summoned monsters like "Gigantes" and "Spell Striker" can also speed things up. And the list goes on...

Alright, you're in.

In case that I don't update the main post immediately (blame my internet for being stupid lately), just know that I did approve of your entry.

That goes for Gadjiltron and anyone else whom I didn't add to the main post, but have given acceptance to.

EDIT: Minato, please redo your card's link; it's broken.

A bump is necessary here.

If you haven't already submitted a card (I think 1-2 of you didn't), then make sure you get them in by next week.

Same if you wish to help with the judging; though Nai should be able to handle the current pool of participants on his own.

---

Also, for prizing, the point prizes have been increased, alongside with you gaining membership to a custom group for a month.

Basically should have the same privileges as VIPs, but with whatever color and things you want.

Contrary to what was said earlier about the CC Guard group, you'll have the option to say what you'd like it to be called; it won't be preset to that name.

I feel it in my heart!

Here we go, my submission: Cloudpalace!

87kAgGa.jpg

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters

When this card is Synchro Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 Level 6 or lower monster from your Deck; that card cannot attack this turn. Level 8 or lower monsters you control cannot be destroyed by battle.

I wanted to make a card in the same vein as Cloudcastle, and this is what happened.

You know what, screw it, I'm entering.

Magician of Renewal
LIGHT
Spellcaster/Synchro/Effect
2400/1500
When this card is Synchro Summoned: You can shuffle any number of cards from your Graveyard to your Deck up to the number of cards in your hand (min. 1), then draw 1 card. If this card is in your Graveyard during your Draw Phase: You can banish this card; shuffle any number of monsters from your hand into the Deck, then draw that same number of cards + 1, instead of conducting your normal draw. You can only activate 1 effect of "Magician of Renewal" per turn, and only once that turn.

Toying with the idea of resource recycling here. The first effect is a classic example of recycling resources from the Graveyard, though indirectly. The draw does make this a +0, though it doesn't thin the Deck due to the recycling. The second effect is essentially a generic "Performapal Cast Change" on a dead body. The fact that it takes the place of a normal draw prevents it from drawing, recycling the hand, and drawing another card. The main restriction prevents both effects from being used that turn as a precaution.

I'm in!

8tFDp5M.jpg

Battlefield Illusionist
Synchro / EARTH / Spellcaster / Level 6 / ATK 2200 / 2500

When a monster battles: At the end of the Damage Step, change the Battle Positions of all face-up monsters on the field (this is a Quick Effect). If this card is sent to the Graveyard: You can banish this card; change all face-up monsters on the field to face-down Defense Position.

The flavor I had in mind here is a mage on the battlefield that stifles the enemy's advance by making it difficult to tell who is attacking whom and what defenses are in their way. At first glance, the effect may seem a little trolly, but because it affects ALL monsters on the field (including itself), a player would have to be very careful about when he/she summons this guy. Also both players will have to put more thought into who attacks and when. The set all is a sort of soft reset and is meant to buy time and provide support for flip strategies.

I'm in!

8tFDp5M.jpg

Battlefield Illusionist
Synchro / EARTH / Spellcaster / Level 6 / ATK 2200 / 2500

When a monster battles: At the end of the Damage Step, change the Battle Positions of all face-up monsters on the field (this is a Quick Effect). If this card is sent to the Graveyard: You can banish this card; change all face-up monsters on the field to face-down Defense Position.

The flavor I had in mind here is a mage on the battlefield that stifles the enemy's advance by making it difficult to tell who is attacking whom and what defenses are in their way. At first glance, the effect may seem a little trolly, but because it affects ALL monsters on the field (including itself), a player would have to be very careful about when he/she summons this guy. Also both players will have to put more thought into who attacks and when. The set all is a sort of soft reset and is meant to buy time and provide support for flip strategies.

Alright, added.

Sign me up as a judge! I'm down to hop on board, just give me the sign and I'll be good!

You should be fine, but welcome aboard.

Considering Nai is busy lately, pretty sure he'll appreciate some help.

I suppose this warrants a bump though.

As a sidenote, Nai will be busy for a while, due to work and real life obligations.

If you read the above, YugsterMajor will judge your entries (given he has passed the exam multiple times); and if the need arises, I will substitute for Nai this time, even though main post said that I wouldn't.

Alright, here's my card just in time for entry.

Harmonic Timeater

DARK, Level 6

Machine/Synchro/Effect

(1) Once per turn during either player's turn, when an attack is declared involving this card you control and an opponent's monster: You can negate the attack, and if you do, skip your opponent's next Main Phase 1.

ATK 2400/DEF 1700

[spoiler='Poorly written design notes']So this is pretty much supposed to be a Synchro version of Timeater. The +500 ATK is probably somewhat related to Timeater's use by Dartz (and thus the +500 ATK it would have gotten from the Seal had it actually been summoned). I'm not really sure where I was going with the attack negation, I kinda winged the whole thing. So, yeah.[/spoiler]

I'll have my internet back on Wednesday (hopefully), so should be able to award points and other prizes at home like I'd like to; as opposed to having to stay late at university to handle business.

Probably going to work on some user groups to denote member's judging statuses (as in how many times you've passed the exam)

I'll have my internet back on Wednesday (hopefully), so should be able to award points and other prizes at home like I'd like to; as opposed to having to stay late at university to handle business.

Probably going to work on some user groups to denote member's judging statuses (as in how many times you've passed the exam)

Finally, it must suck to have limited web access. XD

Indeed, it does.
I can still do things on my netbook at college, but there are certain things that can't be done.

I would've graded stuff in Nai's place since he's busy with work, but because of this (and doing speech prep for Thursday), I couldn't.

That finally was mainly due to the user groups, but yea. XD
And I'm only Rank 1 atm and participating here, so I can't help even if I wanted to. u.u

Archived