疾風の鎌鼬、夜に狩り (Kamaitachi of the gales, hunting in the night) [Yōsenjū]

rn3GzRQ.png

[spoiler=V1]

yg1Vrk2.png?1

2 Daibakaze (obvious boss, bounces things when he comes out)

1 Yamimisaki (should swap this out for a 3rd Magatsusenran)

2 Magatsusenran (should replace Yami with a 3rd copy)

3 Kamamitachi (search more stuff)

3 Kamaitachi (bounce things)

3 Kamanitachi (damage and trigger Kamami)

2 Fire Fist - Bear (search out Tenki if needed)

3 Sarenshichu (Pendulum, also useful to protect against stray effect destruction)

3 Urenjichu (Pendulum, get Daibakaze out, block card effects for a while)

1 Quill Pen of Gulldos (recycle used Yousenjuus)

2 Duality (in a lot of cases, I probably won't SS things save for Magatsusenran; otherwise there to either search more Shrines and/or things)

2 MST (basically screw with backrow and stuff, because I more/less need that in this case, when Secret Technique doesn't trigger)

3 Youkai Shrine (more search power, and power bonus if I need to)

3 Tenki (search the Kamaitachi bros + Bear)

1 Divine Wind of Mist Valley (SS something after they bounce themselves)

1 BTH (get rid of opponent's ED or other bosses)

2 BTS (staple; used to neuter certain monsters)

2 Spiritual Wind Art - Miyabi (bounce something to bottom of Deck)

3 Secret Technique of the Yousenju (negation stuff)

1 N39 Beyond the Hope

1 N25

1 N72

1 Photon Strike Bounzer

1 Deltateros

3 Fire Fist - Tiger King

1 N101 

2 Castel 

1 Diamond Dire Wolf

2 Lightning Chidori

1 Exciton

1 Magatsusenran (can swap Yamimisaki with this one if needed)

1 Birdman (originally in Main, but I really don't use it aside from floating stuff for some odd reason)

1 Double Summon (only really used for getting out Bear in conjunction with the Yousenjuus; could be useful for another Summoning if I missed the first time due to having to search stuff)

2 Yosen Tornado (As much as I'd like to use this in Main Deck, 44 cards is a lot for it; and I don't particularly have room for it; not sure what to cut though.)

[/spoiler]

---

Playing with this for a while on YGOPro, and so far, it's been doing alright; save for some defeats against a few matchups. 

Basically, the idea of this Deck is to get Shrine out quickly; use their NS capabilities to generate enough counters to search stuff with it (I usually aim for the Pendulums or Daibakaze). In most cases, I don't really need to use it, but more or less used in conjunction with Daibakaze to bounce things away. 

Keep in mind that I originally designed this Deck before Yosen Tornado was released for YGOPro, so its addition here was only recent. 

Haven't used it lately. 

For the Extra Deck, I haven't exactly touched the R6s too much; most I ever use out of the ED is the Rank 4s (haven't needed to use Deltateros or Dire; everything else has been used at least once)

---

Depending on what the price range for Yousenjuus are, once they're released next week; I might consider building this Deck IRL also; though I can probably expect this to be more/less expensive due to Daibakaze and stuff. 

I didn't add this to YGOPro yet; I'll have to do it on my other computer later on b/c of Firefox acting stupid and Chrome doesn't have Adobe Flash installed for whatever reason on this one (what I'm typing this on)

---

So yeah, any fixes are appreciated.

At the moment, works nicely but might be outdated because I made it a couple months ago before Tornado and other new cards were added. 

This is for DN/YGOPro reasons, so any changes can be made without worrying about budget. 

Of course, I have a JP Vanity's Emptiness from Starstrike Blast (which I had better hold on to), so...

Divine Wind is a side card right now, so not really using it. 

But yeah, having Compulsory will be very helpful factoring in the things that are around lately. 

A 3rd Duality should be fine, since I probably won't touch the Extra that often (well, I technically do it a fair amount when needed; or make Magatsusenran plays a lot)

I'll edit the Deck later on; especially since it's a pain in the ass to screenshot a new Deck on YGOPro + upload it here. 

As much as I'd like to work it on DN, remember that I can't on this computer. 

I think I have space for Gorilla as a 3rd FF.

Just need to make sure that they don't get in the way of Secret Technique if I have to negate something.

Also, I'm probably keeping this for online reasons; considering Daibakaze is $20 from dealership and a lot of other cards cost money, especially the staples.

The Kamaitachi bros are $1.25 each, I think.

I think I have space for Gorilla as a 3rd FF.

Just need to make sure that they don't get in the way of Secret Technique if I have to negate something.

Also, I'm probably keeping this for online reasons; considering Daibakaze is $20 from dealership and a lot of other cards cost money, especially the staples.

The Kamaitachi bros are $1.25 each, I think.

you really only need 1 bear. having to many non-ysenjus is bad because it means you draw less yonsenjus. and since the deck is like spirits you can run creature swaps to take away big monsters.

you really only need 1 bear. having to many non-ysenjus is bad because it means you draw less yonsenjus. and since the deck is like spirits you can run creature swaps to take away big monsters.

The general consensus is that, though creature swap is funny, it is cloggy to run. Additionally, with Tenki and Kama 3 searching out Yosenju's the deck isnt too terribly reliant on drawing into them.

Additionally, using the side deck for cards you could not fit into main is silly. If you won't run it in the average matchup, and don't bring it in against anything, cut it from side. It is wasting space that could better be used on hosers.

So, Magatsusenran @3 (which I've heard speeds up the Deck a lot) and -1 Urenshinchuu (I think that's it).

For Stormforths, that could work here; considering that the ED lock shouldn't bother me too much, given I rarely use it unless I have to or just feel like doing it.

At most, use them to get out Magatsusenran, use effect to SS Daibakaze and whatever.

On that note, YGOPro apparently doesn't allow it to be SSed (Daibakaze) via this, even though it does qualify.

I can probably cut 1 of the Shrines; tbh, I never drew into that 3rd anyway for most cases.

So, Magatsusenran @3 (which I've heard speeds up the Deck a lot) and -1 Urenshinchuu (I think that's it).
For Stormforths, that could work here; considering that the ED lock shouldn't bother me too much, given I rarely use it unless I have to or just feel like doing it.

Blue Gate's Pendulum effect lets it take the hit for a Yosenju monster if it would be destroyed. It's monster effect keeps your Yosenus from being Targeted with effects. It does things both in the Pendulum Zone and on the field.
Red Gate is only really used to Pendulum Summon Daibak, and it's monster effect is counterproductive because it keeps your Opponent from attacking your other Yosenjus- The Kamas 1 through 3 will go back to your hand if you Normal them, so it defeats the purpose of Red's effect.
Hence why Blue >>> Red
But feel free to keep at least 1 Red, on the off chance you actually DO Pendulum Summon with them. I mean, they can, but they can also do things without it. So you don't need to depend on that mechanic, since it will just happen naturally.

At most, use them to get out Magatsusenran, use effect to SS Daibakaze

Daibak can't be Special Summoned from the Deck.

* facepalm *

I forgot Daibakaze has to be Pendulum Summoned if I even bother to SS it. How could I be stupid enough to forget that part?

I more/less kept 2 pairs of them for things in the event I need to PS things; but yeah Uren's only good for PSing Daibakaze, so probably can cut that out.

Then again, I usually (but not always) PS with them; but it's probably overkill.

(And yeah, I am using the Japanese names, since I'm not really fond of their TCG ones; especially with the name shortening)

Gorilla, and possibly bear, both seem really weak for what they do. They pretty much kill any play you had that turn in order to pop one thing, when #1 already bounces a monster you need to bounce and backrow are hardly an issue, especially Emptiness which is probably more of a problem for the opponent than for you. Also, the 100 ATK boost from Tenki is surprisingly useful as it gets #3 beat over Mathematician and little stuff like that. I know both of them let you search Tenki but for how slow they are it's much better to hope you draw #3, #1 or Shrine and go nuts from there. Bear might be ok but I'm really iffy. I'd also dump one of the big guys because really it's only good to Pendulum summon once.

I'd do something like

-1 Gorilla

-1 Big guy

-1 Quill Pen of Gulldos (if you've really gone through all 3 of each you've probably won)

+1 Vanity's

And leave it at 40. I'd also cut a Tiger King from the extra because it's not good enough to make 3 in a game for a roach.

I rarely use Quill Pen anyway, so that can be cut. In fact, I only used it in one match and that's it; rest of the time, it's just sitting in Deck doing nothing.

As for Daibakaze, I can cut a copy of him out; alongside Gorilla.

Granted, 3 Tenkis will make my S/T clog, so only 1 spot available for any other backrow and stuff; but most likely the opponent might've killed a few by then, so that shouldn't be a problem.

As for Tiger King, I only use 1 copy anyway; not sure why I even maxed it at 3. Can probably replace it with another R4 that's relevant; maybe another 101 or something.

Then again, I could probably cut out the R6s, since again I almost never use them except if I get 2 Magatsusenran out; and that's not usually likely.

Archived