Duel Portal Glitches Thread

seattleite

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of my decks is causing my opponent to have a glitch where their hand and field become frozen, and do not update unless manually changed. (For example, no new cards will appear in their hand on their screen upon drawing, and images of monsters and spells linger after they are destroyed, with the only way to remove the pictures being summoning a token in its place and destroying it.) This glitch is caused whenever I Xyz summon, and presists through the rest of the duel. It is not a property of the custom archtype within the deck, as summoning generic monsters causes the same glitch. Additionally, a clone of the deck, built using almost all of the same cards (The only difference being a sole copy of pot of avidity) experiences the same glitch. Any suggestions?

One of my decks is causing my opponent to have a glitch where their hand and field become frozen, and do not update unless manually changed. (For example, no new cards will appear in their hand on their screen upon drawing, and images of monsters and spells linger after they are destroyed, with the only way to remove the pictures being summoning a token in its place and destroying it.) This glitch is caused whenever I Xyz summon, and presists through the rest of the duel. It is not a property of the custom archtype within the deck, as summoning generic monsters causes the same glitch. Additionally, a clone of the deck, built using almost all of the same cards (The only difference being a sole copy of pot of avidity) experiences the same glitch. Any suggestions?

As of now, there's not much else to do but power through it all.

As painful as that may be, it's unknown how to really "fix" this glitch, or if there even is one.

Let's hope that, as DP moves onto Unity, these glitches remain in the past.

The glitch is not the invisible hand glitch, which I have known about for some time, but rather it is a glitch that causes the other player to have it every time I Xyz summon. While the frozen field glitch does indeed lack a solution, it tends to happen randomly, without cause. In this case, however, it happens every time I Xyz summon with one specific deck. So far, i have tried the following to fix it: 1)Create a new deck with the same cards . 2) Delete all the component cards and re-upload them. 3) Have someone else build a deck using the cards. None of these attempted fixes worked, and I have narrowed down the possible causes to the names of the cards themselves, since if it were a problem with the deck, the first try would have worked. Were it some strange and esoteric problem with the way the monsters were uploaded the first time, the second method probably would have worked. Were it a problem with my own personal account, the third method probably would have worked. Since none of these did, I am stuck with a deck that actively causes the invisible hand glitch for my opponent every time it makes even the most basic of plays. If nothing else, if the underlying root of this glitch is discovered, we could possibly find out exactly how to either prevent or lessen the chances of the random invisible hand glitch.

On the Invisible/Non-Updating/Broken Shuffle Button:
It appears to only occur during what I suspect to be Desyncs, as after having done just about every combination of messed up, spammy, and complex moves, no glitch could be forced. Will try to investigate further.

A few issues:

1. I can't upload cards from YCM. When I paste the card's link and click "Generate from YCM" I get this: http://i.imgur.com/kH7Ozm3.png (I know this one isn't exactly a glitch but it's a part of the list of issues I encountered. If I have to make a new thread for this or post it somewhere else I'll do that then)

2. My friend uploaded 2 full archetypes and we both made decks out of them and played a couple duels with both archetypes. Now, every card that I made my decks with show up in the list of my cards. Also a few cards from his first archetype and his entire second archetype disappeared the next day. Also I uploaded an effect monster yesterday, and this morning he uploaded an xyz and his xyz became the card I uploaded and the card disappeared from the list of my cards.

3. a few duel issues now. First, in duel, when either player summons/activates a card from hand, the other player sometimes doesn't see the summoned/activated card or the summon/activation in chat log. A workaround I found for this is to reveal the card in your hand then summon/activate it. Setting monsters and spells/traps seems to work fine though. The issue also happened a couple times when summoning from extra deck. I think revealing before summon works for that too though, not 100% sure.

4, when cards leave the field or are moved to a different zone, sometimes if you hover your mouse over the spot they were on before, the card's image still pops up, as if the card was still there. Then, when other cards are summoned/activated in the same spot, the image of the old card shows when you hover the mouse over it, instead of the new card's image. Haven't found a workaround for this yet.

5. Sometimes hands and logs show that a player drew more or less cards than they actually drew. sometimes when you see more cards in your opponent's hand than they actually have, every time your mouse passes over that card an error message appears. I found a partial workaround for this. If you return cards to the top of the deck then redraw them it works sometimes. It's not guaranteed though. Sometimes it fixes it, sometimes it doesn't change anything, sometimes it makes it worse. Just have to be lucky with it I guess.

#5 a little clarification to the workaround. This only works if you have more cards than your opponent sees. When you return a card to the top of your deck sometimes your opponent won't see the card being returned and will only see the card being drawn, sometimes they will see both, sometimes they'll only see the card being returned and not drawn. I haven't found a workaround if you have less cards than visible. I think if you reveal a card in your hand, or your entire hand, the number should adjust for both scenarios.

we both use firefox for duelportal.

I was having an issue where when trying to copy image URL to the "Generate from YCM" I received a message saying "Cards need to have a URL". Upon further investigation, by removing the "s" in https:// that is there by default when copying the image address, the card is then able to be submitted. Im not sure why https:// is what is copied and wont work, but http:// does. My guess is that the URL detection is not coded for https:// to be a url, and so the copy doesnt work without removing the s to make it http://

• 3 months later...

can confirm ive memorized how to deal with a lot of glitches on the Silverlight version. but btw, im not sure how to deal with invalid string stopping me from hosting/joining a duel

examples.
1 facedown cards in deck/opponent not seeing the number of cards in deck right is fixed before the duel by drawing 2 or more revealing hand shuffling hand then shuffling those cards back to deck (doesn't always work completely)
2 same problem with extra deck fixed by summoning then setting then flipping the involved monsters and sometimes putting those monsters back to extra fixes all of them.
3 ghost cards in opponents hand, hover over any card in your opponents hand youre curious about if you get an error that card doesn't actually exist.
4 invisible cards on field opponent cant see. set them then flip them if they still cant see it make sure you set as monster and flip as monster. otherwise they just wont be able to see it (it seems like multiple things are causing this hence why the same thing doesn't always fix it)
5 counter change appearing as a level change (especially on spells). just looks wierd
6 spell/traps summoned as monsters cant have ATK or DEF just type in chat
7 error pops up when something makes something level 13 or higher by effect (photon satellite over multiple turns being the easiest example TCG) just type level in chat
8 one card in hand despite drawing. set cards on field to youre out of cards in hand. that's how many cards are actually in your hand and you can cycle through them by setting the ones you don't need till you get the ones you do.

Glitch : Opponent can't see most of my deck.

Description : While I have made a 40 cards deck (few made by myself, the rest are public card uploaded by someone else), it appears to my opponent that I have only 8 cards in my deck.

Details: Most of the cards I added to my deck are public Gravekeeper monsters, staple spell and trap cards.

• 3 months later...

Unsure if this thread is still active, but...

every time I load Duel Portal, before I have the opportunity to log in, it tells me

"Disconnected from the server. Trying to reconnect..."

I've been having this problem ever since I've come home earlier today. I've refreshed the page countless times, and even restarted my computer, but there was no fix.

• 1 month later...

The 2.1 update has come with an interesting glitch that only effects some accounts. Namely, it seems that any account that has made a custom token will be stuck on the "Loading tokens" screen indefinitely. I tested this by attempting to log into my main account (nuclearwhale) which has a custom token. It gets stuck on the loading token screen. Strangely, nuclearwhaleRP, my alt account that has no custom tokens, logs in perfectly fine. 
Edit: NVM, fixed literally the same minute I posted this.

• 3 months later...

Hello I've been using Duel-Portal for about 3 Weeks and for some reason the last 3 days every time i duel someone they can't see my Hand/Deck/Extra and when i play cards sometimes they aren't seen by them my opponents also my first dice roll doesn't work coin flips aren't seen and if i give control of anything to anyone about 50% of the time they can't give it back without it giving a waiting for command option and the chat glitches out for me and they can't see anything i type i tried clearing cache i tried a new computer/browser and making a new account it's done 0 to help all i want to do is test my cards in piece help me please.

Archived