Earning Points

Smear

Can we get some points for doing things in showcase? Something like a new thread posting a tag/avi/artwork and maybe good CnC can give you points?

Idk just a way for members who don't post regularly or do much in sections other than showcase to get some of the benefits from the economic revival.

I agree that you guys should get points for stuff in Showcase and stuff; then again, it's Night's call if he wants to do something like that for the section.

But good CnC should be rewarded, that's for certain.

Night, do you want to implement a point/redemption thing for Showcase and the other areas that fall under GFX?

I think this was part of why it's not fully implemented yet.

We gotta figure something out. I think like...part of it was that you guys can do requests.

But also, probably good thing to ask Night about, he'd know what's fitting for the place best.

I remember in the thread someone from Showcase (Dae? I forgot) complained about having no plans for showcase point-gaining, but weeks passed and no ideas were brought into the surface enough to be actually considered for implementation.

I already did this 3 years ago.

It didn't work then, partly due to complexity, partly due to an inactive Showcase. Mostly however, kids in Showcase have never produced for an incentive, it's always just been for the sake of the community. 

With that being said, I could simplify and re-work that system to accommodate this new point redemption system. However, I honestly have a lot of issues with said new system, I think there are a lot of flaws currently which is why I didn't immediately jump on and add Showcase support. In order to implement the Showcase shit I would only feel good about it if I adjusted the entire system. Obviously that would be time consuming and my only reason for even considering it is for Showcase however if no one in said section even cares for this then it would just be a waste of time. 

Archived