Idea for a bad card example thread

There's no need to put anyone in particular on the spotlight, imo, so how about this.

Whoever makes this thread, comes up with broken/badly designed cards themselves (or as a group with some other members), and explains why they are bad designs, and what could be done to make them better.

Having a bunch of cards on display, and telling others to come up with why they're bad, doesn't work very well. As you'll get conflicting information, some bad and some good, as well as some spam-ish stuff.

Note, please don't argue about the situation involving that member on here. This is merely to discuss the merits of having this kind of thread.

That would be nice.

Didn't Koko/Black have something like this going on RC back when they were mods? I think they posted a flawed card every month and requested the community to post explanations on why it was bad, and the best answer earned points or some other prize; and if they didn't, we could have something like that.

That would be nice.

Didn't Koko/Black have something like this going on RC back when they were mods? I think they posted a flawed card every month and requested the community to post explanations on why it was bad, and the best answer earned points or some other prize; and if they didn't, we could have something like that.

That's a little different than what I meant. I mean, that's possible as well.

However what I more meant was, a thread where the post themselves put into the OP why it's bad. So that it doesn't get cluttered with a bunch of maybe good maybe bad explanations.

Like...an extension to a tutorial I guess.

You are right. What I described is different. I guess I got a bit carried away.

Anyways, Saber worked a bit on that in its guide that was merged with Aix's where he explained why certain mechanics shouldn't be freely used; but further expanding it with specific examples and "done right" fixes would be helpful.

Archived