Ru's Pokemon X Nuzlocke Blog

Premier Alexander Romanov

So, I'm not having quite as much fun in Pokemon X as I am in Pokemon Omega Ruby, so I decided to change things up a bit.
I'm going to do a Nuzlocke.
Any suggestions on which Starters I should pick or if I should add any additional rules besides the basic two?

[spoiler=Admiral Ru's Voyages]
[spoiler=Chapter 1: Into The Shallows (Bug Badge)]
[spoiler=Entry 1: Where To Begin?]
Ugh...today has been a long, ANNOYING day. I am sitting here at the table of a cafe writing this journal, figuring it to be the best thing to collect my thoughts on.

First, my mom's stupid Fletchling woke me up...then I realized I had a mother...and that my hair was blonde...AND THAT I WASN'T ON THE OCEAN!!! As I stumbled around my room in a haze, I found some clothing that seemed to work, though my fashion sense, or whoever I was now, was horrid. I wished I had some blacks. Also, I could easily dye my hair. I figured I spent too much time watching that human show Quantum Leap last night.

Then, my so-called "mother", who, according to the memories of not-me I had in my head, was some sort of Pokemon Trainer, whatever that was, called me down, saying we had guests. I answered the door to see two stupid humans in their pre-pubescent stage, the worst stage of them all! They claimed to be "neighbors", but I had no idea who these smarmy people were, so I simply nodded politely and stayed silent. Maybe they would get the hint that I didn't want anything to do with them, but they didn't. They mentioned something about a task to complete, so I went along with them. After all, if completing a task fixed things in Quantum Leap, it might work here.

They took me to this other town near the one we started in, where the annoying guy and girl were joined by two more ugly humans, a huge fat one and a scrawny, big-headed one. From what I remembered in this other me's mind, we were going to go get things called Pokemon, which were hyper-evolved animals with supernatural and superhuman capabilities that were used in ritualistic combat in this universe. I relished at the thought of having my own creature to command...and realized that I was like an Admiral now, directing other ships. The humans had these Admiral things, and they always did better than the Abyssal Fleet...However, I was taken from my thoughts by the realization that I had spoken the word "Admiral" aloud, and now, the others were calling me that! If these humans could be so easily swayed...I might be able to conquer this world myself...

I was given a choice of Pokemon, and my hopes sank. All I had to choose were a spiky rodent, a fuzzy mammal, and a deformed amphibian. I selected the rodent, a "Chespin", because it seemed the largest, and therefore the most powerful. However, I was startled to realize you could name these creatures, like humans do their ships! All we Abyssal Fleet ships are are classes. I have a serial number, but the only name I have is "Ru". But the humans gain power from their ships having personalities...I could adapt and use this to my advantage, now that I was, for all intents and purposes, a human female. I nicknamed the Chespin after the most powerful human ship I could remember off of the top of my head: BISMARCK.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Entry 2: Assembling A Fleet]
With Bismarck in tow, I prepared to give a letter to my alternate self's mother, since this had to be another me. Why else would my name still be Ru? Maybe there were other Abyssals out there as well, that I would find and reunite with someday. But my task was at hand. I was to give the letter to the other Ru's mother, and then head out to conquer and enslave this world! But after giving the letter to the woman, she seemed happy...yet sad...she helped me gather together some supplies, including some more clothes (though none of them were black) and sent me on my way.

I went north, back into, according to the map my other's mother gave me and showed me how to use, Aquacorde Town, and met a lovely young man who gave me a Potion, a healing item for Pokemon. When I inquired further, he explained that Pokemon faced a chance of dying in battle if they were not properly taken care of. Unlike battleships, which could easily be repaired if salvaged when sunk, Pokemon were organic creatures (mostly) and could actually cease functioning altogether if damaged enough, shifting my priorities to making sure my Pokemon could survive and thrive long enough.

Then, I exited Aquacorde for Route 2, where I found the miserable humans named Calem and Shauna waiting. After witnessing both Calem's prowess at being a Pokemon Trainer and Shauna's complete ineptitude at the same thing, I learned that adding more Pokemon was important, as one could have up to 6 Pokemon at a time, so I set about trying to find a new Pokemon, which I found immediately: a Fletchling, the little red bird Pokemon my mother possessed. Bismarck made short work of her, allowing for Akagi to be allowed onto the team. The bird, named after a Japanese aircraft carrier that had fought the Abyssal Fleet successfully several times, immediately made a nest out of my fancy hat I had picked. Bold.

Next was the Santalune Forest, where Shauna, in her complete inability to succeed at her newfound task, chose to tag along with me through the woods. Strangely, she seemed perfectly capable of healing my Pokemon, despite everything else she was incapable of succeeding at. By sheer luck, I encountered a Pikachu, which Shauna said was a rare Pokemon, and a female Pikachu at that, judging by the heart-shaped indentation in her tail. Pikachu were apparently older but rarer Pokemon, but full of power. Immediately, I knew what to name her: Fubuki, after the plucky destroyer that had made short work of my sister Ru-classes.

Route 3 was after that, and I discovered two things. The first was that Pokemon could learn new techniques for battle as they gained experience. The second was that there was a hierarchy amongst Pokemon Trainers. Many towns ans cities had something called a Gym, where a Gym Leader resided. If all 8 Gym Badges were collected by defeating all 8 Gym Leaders, one could enter Victory Road, fight their way to the top, and challenge the Elite Four for the right to battle the Champion and claim the prize of Champion of Kalos. If one became Champion, they were the best Pokemon Trainer in the region. That position had to carry power, respect, and, most importantly, authority. This was what I needed to know. And, most importantly, Victory Road was not far from my next destination, Santalune City. I saw my goal on the horizon. It would be easy to obtain it. But I had no idea what I was getting into...
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Entry 3: Set Back, But Set For The Road Ahead]
Route 3 turned up a Bidoof, a rather silly-looking Pokemon that looked like it had serious mental issues. Her attitude reminded me of a useless member of the enemy fleet, so I decided to name her after the Japanese Navy's "idol sensation", Naka. I think the resemblance is uncanny. Santalune City had little to offer. Some strange human kept insisting on preventing me from leaving the city to the north, but the eastern route was the one I truly wanted, for it led to Route 22, the route connecting to Victory Road. After battling through a gauntlet of Trainers, I attempted to enter Victory Road, but they refused to let me in without the Badges! So I went back to get one, snagging my fifth teammate, Atago, in the process. This one was an Azurill, and her bouncing reminded me of this heavy cruiser named Atago who had the most luxurious...hair...it just bounced so well against the waves and the cannonfire...Yeah, her hair...

A trainer was blocking my way into the Gym, but her offer of in-line skates was no match for my five Pokemon. Though the skates are quite fun to utilize, now that I have them, taken from my fallen enemy. Once inside of the Gym, I discovered something else about Pokemon: types. Calem's notes, which he had given out when we left the Santalune Forest, didn't mention these, but the man at the front of the Gym was kind enough to inform me of the Types, 18 of them, and how they could interact with each other. This explained why certain moves were more effective against my team than others. I would have to research these Types later, but I now knew that Fire, Flying, and Rock moves would subdue my enemies in this place, so I descended the pole into the darkness below...

...and emerged in the center of a giant spider's web! This place was...eerie...but the maze was child's play. It took little to find my way up to Viola, but, I had several close calls with the Trainers within, including another snag in the form of status conditions. Akagi was poisoned by a Kakuna, which deteriorated her health the more she fought. I chose to let her rest instead of press my luck, and let Fubuki take the lead. This proved to be a winning strategy, as Viola's Pokemon were weak against Fubuki's Thunder Shocks. Both Flying and Water Pokemon cannot stand Electric attacks. There is starting to be a pattern here...insects hate fire, can be crushed easily by rocks, and have birds as their natural predators. Conversely, birds can be stuck down by lightning or brought down by rocks, and water conducts electricity...18 types and their interactions. Even now, sitting here at this cafe, I am pondering these implications, holding the Bug Badge in my hand. Maybe some sleep is in order. After all, I was told that the man who sent me on this quest, Professor Sycamore, a man of great knowledge of the Kalos region, as well as Pokemon as a whole, resides in Lumiose City to the north.
Maybe he will have some answers.
And some strong Pokemon I can liberate from him for my quest.
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Chapter 2: Rough Voyages (Cliff Badge)]
Coming soon!
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Caught Pokemon]
[spoiler=On Team]
[spoiler=Naka]
Bidoof LV7♀
Unaware
Naive Nature
No Item
Caught on Route 3
HP: 27
ATK: 12
DEF: 10
Sp.ATK: 10
Sp.DEF: 10
SPD: 9
Tackle, Growl
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Atago]
Azurill LV11♀
Huge Power
Sassy Nature
No Item
Caught on Route 22
HP: 35
DEF: 17
Sp.ATK: 12
Sp.DEF: 18
Bubble, Water Gun, Tail Whip, Charm
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Akagi]
Fletchling LV11♀
Big Pecks
Bold Nature
No Item
Caught on Route 2
HP: 34
ATK: 14
DEF: 18
Sp.ATK: 16
Sp.DEF: 14
SPD: 20
Tackle, Growl, Quick Attack, Peck
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Fubuki]
Pikachu LV11♀
Static
Naive Nature
No Item
Caught in Santalune Forest
HP: 29
ATK: 19
DEF: 14
Sp.DEF: 15
SPD: 28
Tail Whip, Thunder Shock, Quick Attack, Play Nice
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Bismarck]
Chespin LV13♂
Overgrow
Modest Nature
No Item
Kalos Starter
HP: 39
ATK: 18
DEF: 23
Sp.ATK: 19
Sp.DEF: 19
SPD: 16
Tackle, Bite, Vine Whip, Rollout
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=In Storage]
None
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

I think a daily written (preferably narrative) update would do wonders.

Also, use the azurill (even if it doesn't get huge power later on).

It has Huge Power, actually.
I just completed the first Gym in Santalune (and the only Gym you have to do in one go, without going back to the Pokemon Center after each battle).
Here's my winning team:

[spoiler=Naka]
Bidoof LV7♀
Unaware
Naive Nature
No Item
Caught on Route 3
HP: 27
DEF: 10
Sp.ATK: 10
Sp.DEF: 10
Tackle, Growl
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Atago]
Azurill LV11♀
Huge Power
Sassy Nature
No Item
Caught on Route 22
HP: 35
DEF: 17
Sp.ATK: 12
Sp.DEF: 18
Bubble, Water Gun, Tail Whip, Charm
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Akagi]
Fletchling LV11♀
Big Pecks
Bold Nature
No Item
Caught on Route 2
HP: 34
ATK: 14
DEF: 18
Sp.DEF: 14
SPD: 20
Tackle, Growl, Quick Attack, Peck
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Fubuki]
Pikachu LV11♀
Static
Naive Nature
No Item
Caught in Santalune Forest
HP: 29
ATK: 19
DEF: 14
Sp.DEF: 15
SPD: 28
Tail Whip, Thunder Shock, Quick Attack, Play Nice
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Bismarck]
Chespin LV13♂
Overgrow
Modest Nature
No Item
Kalos Starter
HP: 39
ATK: 18
DEF: 23
Sp.ATK: 19
Sp.DEF: 19
SPD: 16
Tackle, Bite, Vine Whip, Rollout
[/spoiler]

Yes, I caught a Pikachu by sheer luck, because Akagi kept murderizing everything else in that Arceus-forsaken forest.
And yes, all of them are named after fitting Japanese ships from KanColle.
Next up is Route 4, then I'm getting a Charmander! :D
I can do a narrative as well, IC. Like a mini-fanfic of sorts.

Archived