Hi everyone!

Lasaro Ginjou

My name is, well, Lasaro Ginjou. :P You can call me Lasaro, Las or Gin if you want. I was a big fan of Yu-gi-oh when I was younger but now I stick more with custom cards and no so much with the original stuff. I kinda feel like it has become way too complicated with always new types of cards created that in the end are not so different (apart from Pendulum.

Anyway, I'm not going to go to more in-depth since this is not a "complaining thread" but "introduction". So this is me. I'm really into making new cards that I feel like they make sense. Nice to meet you all, I hope we can get along well.

Hello, and welcome to the YCM forum!

It's actually relieving that there is still interest and the oportunity to meet with more people... And as you will notice through time, many in here have similar concerns to yours, and so many others that are willing to help you whenever possible, so no worries.

Anyways, have fun and let's get along with each other!

A lot of people returning to Yugioh feel the same way, especially with the power creep that's basically taken the fun out of things.

But anyway, welcome to YCM, Lasaro.

I'm Sakura, the current lead CC moderator alongside the Q&A and this section's mod.

Before going further, I ask that you make sure you've read/understood our rules, and read any guides in this section.

You mentioned liking custom cards, so it's important that you give the guides in that section a good read so you know what to expect and all.

Anyway, enjoy your stay and don't be afraid to ask me for help if you need any.

Have fun :D

I do believe that most of the people here have the same disappointment for the game. I mean, I'm ok with the Normal and Effect. But then we have:

Ritual: using any monster(s) and specific ritual spells

Fusion: Using specific spells and specific monsters but goes to extra deck

Synchro: Using specific monsters and Tuner monsters but no spells, pretty much like fusions but the change the polymerization spell with the Tuner monsters

Xyz: Using any monsters, go to extra deck, bla bla. pretty much a mix between the Fusion and Sycnhro

And the ultimate one: Pendulum monsters, that can be treated as spell or monsters. We lose the point of spells all together with that.

Not only that. We have Spells that act as traps and traps that act as spell. Complete confusion.

I mean, what comes next? Monsters that can also be treated as traps?

I do believe that most of the people here have the same disappointment for the game. I mean, I'm ok with the Normal and Effect. But then we have:

Ritual: using any monster(s) and specific ritual spells

Fusion: Using specific spells and specific monsters but goes to extra deck

Synchro: Using specific monsters and Tuner monsters but no spells, pretty much like fusions but the change the polymerization spell with the Tuner monsters

Xyz: Using any monsters, go to extra deck, bla bla. pretty much a mix between the Fusion and Sycnhro

And the ultimate one: Pendulum monsters, that can be treated as spell or monsters. We lose the point of spells all together with that.

Not only that. We have Spells that act as traps and traps that act as spell. Complete confusion.

I mean, what comes next? Monsters that can also be treated as traps?

Psst, those already exist.

But this increasing complexity of the game is not the reason we're frustrated with it. Instead, it's the way an entirely new archetype can completely eclipse and render obsolete a lot of older ones that make us frustrated.

I know about the trap monsters. I even saw the duel in the anime. But what I meant is to have monsters, like the pendulum, but trap, that have monster effect and trap effect.

I know what you mean. There are so many combos and decks that we think of but then they become nothing with a new card type. A clear example for me is the creation of the pendulum monsters that renders useless the advantage of the dinosaur archetype (which I am a big fan of). The dinosaur archetype has strong monsters and provides various ways to fill the monster card zone quickly. But with the Pendulum cards, what is the point of the whole archetype now?

Depending on how you set up (scale-wise), you can Special Summon your better monsters much quicker.

Then, if any of them were Pendulums and happen to get destroyed; assuming the scales remain intact, you can Special Summon all over again.

But indeed, Pendulums make SSing stuff too easy in a lot of cases; though it's certainly more than just them, and ruin the gimmick that a lot of older Decks had regarding this.

In other words, TCG can explain this a lot better than I'm doing right now.

Archived