New Blue-Eyes Support!

Zaiker_42

"What's that?" you say, scratching your head. "Blue-Eyes support? Again?" Well, sir and/or madam, you are correct. What I'm about to show you is a set of cards I decided to whip up on a whim not even 3 hours ago. I actually made this account purely to show them off. Now, I know what you're thinking: "Doesn't that mean you have no idea how to actually design a decent card?" Once again, my friend, you are correct. However, I wanted to do the thing, and the thing is now done, so there's no going back. I mean, heck, if the cards (or this topic in general) break the rules you can just lock it/delete it and the problem will be gone, so hey, good news there!

Anyway, I've been rambling on long enough, so let's get into the cards. But, first, be warned: none of the cards actually have pictures. Y'see, I really can't draw the hardcore artwork Yu-Gi-Oh cards have in such large volumes, and taking a picture from the Internet is basically plagiarism, so that wouldn't be cool. If you're alright with that, let's begin.

W1LexdO.jpg

Blue-Eyes Burst Stream Dragon; LIGHT; Level 8; Dragon/Gemini; 3000 ATK/2500 DEF

This card is treated as a Normal Monster while face-up on the field or in the Graveyard. While this card is face-up on the field, you can Normal Summon it to have it become an Effect Monster with this effect:

- This card's name is treated as "Blue-Eyes White Dragon" while it is face-up on the field.

----

hSiMhVm.jpg

Glimmering Knight with Eyes of Blue; LIGHT; Level 4; Warrior/Effect; 1800 ATK/1800 DEF

Each time a Dragon-Type Monster(s) is sent to the Graveyard, place 1 Draconia Counter on this card (max 3). You can Tribute this card with 3 Draconia Counters on it; Special Summon 1 "Blue-Eyes White Dragon" from your hand, Deck, or Graveyard.

----

{IMAGE MISSING DUE TO TECHNICAL SCREW-UP}

Blue-Eyes Zaltys; LIGHT; Level 4; Dragon/Effect; 1900 ATK/1000 DEF

During your Main Phase: If this card is in your Graveyard because it was sent there by a card effect, you can banish it to Special Summon 1 other "Blue-Eyes" monster from your Graveyard, except "Blue-Eyes Zaltys".

----

Bond of the White Dragon; Spell; Normal

Fusion Summon 1 Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck that lists a "Blue-Eyes" monster as a Fusion Material, using monsters from your hand or your side of the field as Fusion Materials. If this card is in your Graveyard, you can banish it to target one "Blue-Eyes" monster in your Graveyard, and shuffle that target into the deck.

----

Desolate Battleground of the White Dragon; Spell; Field

Each time a Dragon-Type monster(s) is sent to the Graveyard, place 1 Draconia Counter on this card. All Dragon-Type monsters you control gain 100 ATK for each Draconia Counter on the field. If a Dragon-Type Normal Monster on your side of the field would be destroyed by battle or by a card effect, you can remove 1 Draconia Counter from this card instead.

----

Final Roar of the Legendary Dragon; Trap; Continuous

During your Battle Phase: If a "Blue-Eyes" monster on your side of the field is destroyed by battle or a card effect and is sent to the Graveyard, target 1 face-up monster on your opponent's side of the field and destroy it.

----

ohWuRqi.jpg

Cobalt-Eyes Platinum Draconia Knight; LIGHT; Level 10; Dragon/Fusion/Effect; 3500 ATK/2800 DEF

1 "Blue-Eyes" Normal Monster + 1 Light Warrior-Type Monster

This monster must be Fusion Summoned, and cannot be Summoned by any other means. The Fusion Summon for this card cannot be negated. Once per turn: you can target one monster on the field and destroy it. "Cobalt-Eyes Platinum Draconia Knight" cannot declare an attack the turn you activate this effect.

----

Aaaaand that's it! Let me know what you think!

Oh, that desire to convert your ideas into cards for others to see... I started almost just like you. In the long run, though, I became a more regural visitor, but your intentions may be different so...

Anyways, about the cards: They are not as broken as you think. Some are more powerful than others, but the feeling I get from the whole set is that you're fond of the old-school Yu-Gi-Oh card game, where everything was simpler and the current power wasn't present those times. However, I'll review your cards based on the currect standards:

Blue-Eyes Burst Stream Dragon
Being a Gemini Monster, it's almost like having 6 BEWD in a deck, with all the advantages of the original one, but requiring a little skill in using it. Only "Kaibaman" and White Stone don't work with this card. Even Azure and "Thunder End Dragon" work perfectly with it. Having to deal with  too many BEWD may seem unfair but, considering it wouldn't be used outside of a deck around it (except some rare occations in a Gemini-based deck), it is generally fine.

Glimmering Knight with Eyes of Blue
Hmm, here's a good question: Spell Cards or Dragons sent to the Graveyard make best use of the card? 
"Trade-In", "Cards of Consonance", "Dragon Shrine", "Dragon Ravine" (with the current OCG Banlist),... all of them Spell Cards that sent Dragons to the Graveyard. However, there are also monsters acting the same, like "Card Trooper", "Divine Dragon Apocralyph" and many more. In addition, compared to "Skilled Dark Magician" and the other counterparts, not only do you Summon a more powerful monster but also make it even easier. So, the effect needs to be kept original else it's a rather unbalanced card.
(NOTE: Even though "Card Trooper" sends cards to the Graveyard as a cost, they do benefit the effect, because it doesn't state that cards should only be sent by a card effect.)

Blue-Eyes Zaltys
Basically, the only way its effect won't activate is if the monster was sent to the Graveyard because of battle, as a cost or if Tributed for a Tribute Summon. "Dragon Shrine" to send 1 BEWD and this to the Graveyard, Special Summon whenever needed. Although not overpowered, you can still perfect it, either by making the effect activate the time Zaltys is sent to the Graveyard or add 1 more restraint to its conditions.

Bond of the White Dragon
A dedicated "Polymerization", with the added bonus to return 1 "Blue-Eyes" monster from your Graveyard to your Deck or BEUD back to the Extra Deck. The only use I can see with that last effect is to have a target for White Stone, in case all your BEWD are in your Graveyard, unless you know of another use so I'd gladly hear it. 

Desolate Battleground of the White Dragon
That's a very nasty Field Spell you've got there. ATK bonus for your already powerful Dragons and continuous immunity to destruction? If the sent Dragons are only Normal Monsters, or if you specify from where should they be sent, then the card would be somewhat balanced.

Final Roar of the Legendary Dragon
The card almost made me laugh. Not because it's ridiculously broken -a little operpowered perhaps- , but because of its concept. It actually says "I'll let my BEWD commit suicide, so that I destroy the opponent's monsters no matter what. Plus, no "Mirror Force" surprise for me."
It works only for BEWD so I guess no big deal here.

Cobalt-Eyes Platinum Draconia Knight
I like this card a lot. Everything seems fine (good stats, optional destruction at a logical cost) but that "cannot be negated" thing is troubling me. I understand that it can only be SS by Fusion means, but it's not that special compared to other monsters, like e.g. the Egyptian God Cards. Even BEUD is harded to Summon, but it doesn't contain that condition. Maybe prevent cards from activating when you Fusion Summon this card instead, so that you have a chance to activate its effect...?

Referring their images: That plagiarism you say is actually a very important part of YCM. As you must possibly know, most of the people are not artists or fans of drawing so, we need some alternative ways to show our creativity and imagination. If you think of it, isn't it nice to see a simple picture get a life in here?

@EndUser: Thanks for the feedback! I had this great big multi-paragraph thing written up before going through everything you said about all of my cards, but I screwed up and it got deleted before I could post it, but basically I was just trying to say thanks for your suggestions and comments! Some of your insight got me thinking about a few of the cards, especially Glimmering Knight, Desolate Battleground, and Cobalt-Eyes, so when I have time, I'm probably going to go back and give them all their own erratas based on your thoughts. I appreciate the help, dude!

Archived